• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► KHUX: The Movie

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
What are the chances that a sequel to Back Cover is made? This time focusing on the new union leaders and Dandelions. It could reintroduce that characters and plot points that are important to the upcoming to the people who didn't play KHUX. And UE4 assets for Daybreak Town already exist, so they wouldn't be making it completely from scratch.

But on the other hand, the app theater mode still exists and is free. I could see them deciding that that's enough and not bothering.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

I liked Back Cover so I'd be into that. I'd just use the Disney+ show for that.

Chie

Awards
Back Cover =/= X The Movie in the first place, so this is kind of two different things.

Zackarix

Awards
Back Cover =/= X The Movie in the first place, so this is kind of two different things.
Back Cover isn't a direct adaptation of KHX, but that doesn't mean it isn't KHX: The Movie. It still introduces the setting and some of the characters and plot points to new audiences. And the increased focus on the Foretellers means that if someone who played KH3 is curious about who the people in funny animal masks are they're probably better off watching the movie than playing the game. That what I imagine KHUX: The Movie would be like if it ever got made. Something that reintroduces all of the elements of KHUX that will be important to the upcoming saga in UE4 graphics.

Or are you trying to argue semantics? "The Movie" is a term that covers a lot of ideas including summarizing the source material, being an extended length episode, being the grand finale, etc. Sometimes it's canon, sometimes it isn't. The umbrella is more than wide enough to consider Back Cover a KHX movie.

Chie

Awards
It is "a KHX movie".

I don't think its purpose is to recap KHX for people who weren't playing it, because the contents covered by the two works are completely different. Back Cover does tell you almost everything you'd need to know about this part of the story before playing KH3, but the majority of that material is entirely original to Back Cover. The Black Box wasn't in X at all, and Luxu and MoM themselves are only barely in it, all of these things were properly introduced in Back Cover. In other words, you have to watch Back Cover to understand X.

So I think a new movie along the same lines would also be its own entry entirely, with X and UX remaining separate entries that still need proper "slots" in the series for new players.

Zackarix

Awards
It is "a KHX movie".
So is this a semantical argument about the difference between "The Movie" and "a movie"? Because if the line is as important and well-defined as you seem to think it is than there are movies literally titled [Franchise]: The Movie that apparently don't qualify as The Movie.

Just because Back Cover isn't a recap of KHX doesn't mean that it doesn't function as an introduction to the Age of Fairy Tales. It still introduces Daybreak Town, the Foretellers, Ephemer, and the Dandelions. It even directly adapts a few scenes. The only element of KHX that seems to be important to the saga as a whole (as opposed to the Chi sub-series) that didn't make it into Back Cover was Skuld (assuming that she's Subject X) but I've seen people theorize that it's because her design wasn't finalized while the movie was in production.

There are probably a few reasons why Back Cover wasn't a direct adaption of KHX. Not wanting to put a canon face on the customizable protagonist and wanting to put more focus the Foretellers without disrupting the story flow are probably some of them. Another would be the plot at the time not being very developed, so they had to add more material for more than a short. And of course, SE wanted people to play their gacha game so they weren't going to make a movie that functioned as a complete substitute when a glorified commercial would be more profitable.

So Back Cover 2 would naturally have new material, but there are parts of KHUX that are much easier to adapt under my theorized parameters. I've often wondered if one of the reasons why the player spends the majority of the time far away from the union leader plot was to make any potential adaption easier. But KHUX no longer being an active project is a real potential killer for any potential movie.

Chie

Awards
So is this a semantical argument about the difference between "The Movie" and "a movie"? Because if the line is as important and well-defined as you seem to think it is than there are movies literally titled [Franchise]: The Movie that apparently don't qualify as The Movie.
Man, what the hell is this.

I was just saying that these are two different stories/works. I brought it up because a lot of people do seem to think it's "X: The Movie" in the way that Days/coded have "movies".

Zackarix

Awards
Man, what the hell is this.

I was just saying that these are two different stories/works. I brought it up because a lot of people do seem to think it's "X: The Movie" in the way that Days/coded have "movies".
Why didn't you just say that? Because I wasn't thinking of the Days and Coded cinematics when I made this thread and without that context it genuinely seemed like you were objecting to the term "The Movie" because it wasn't a direct adaptation.

I'm well aware that Back Cover is not a direct adaptation of KHX. I took for granted that any KHUX movie would be something along the same lines. Especially in a thread where Back Cover is explicitly mentioned and Days and Coded aren't mentioned at all.

Seasaltrio

Awards
I would be SUUUUPER excited to see a KHUX movie on Disney+ If they got Pixar grade animation and top notch voice acting, it could be up there with Disney's big 3d animated movies like Frozen, Moana, and Tangled. Also it would bring way more fans to the series and get rid of a bunch of hate from people who have never played before or don't understand the series.

Back