• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX Remake as an MMO

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if this would belong here or not but I was thinking if they every remade KHUX it would be a GREAT idea to have it as an MMO

First they can have you do the story until the first Keyblade War before getting sent to UX and after that have us as the players do actual missions together after going into Union Cross. They way they set up missions in the mobile game isn't really counted as "online" for me because we're just playing with people that are usually bots. I know some of the missions in Union Cross have actual players but it doesnt give it that actually "online" feel, which makes a Re:KHUX the more necessary.

With people signing up on the MMO to do actual missions with their players, I was also thinking they should make the PvP section in the Keyblade Graveyard. That way people would be able to actually PvP in real time. They can event set up an event for the Keyblade War and have players compete with each other. The possibility of what they can do with this is endless because they've done real time online battles before with KH.

Also the way I picture the medals to work is to have them set as commands like it was in BBS. Vanilla BBS gave us that online option, but I feel like we were deprived from that when it came to the HD remakes of BBS. I really hope in the future Square thinks about how they will remake KHUX because an online MMO for it would honestly be an AMAZING idea for all KH fans

Sean Wheeler

Awards
I would like Re:Union X to be in HD PS2 graphics, not KH3's Unreal graphics. All that detail from KH3 would cause a lot of lag.

Barrett

Awards
While I love KHUX and the Chi saga in general and it having a really good remake would be really nice to see, imo I feel like it'd be more interesting to create a KH MMO centered around an entirely new story or at least exploring parts of the KH universe that rarely ever gets touched upon.

I'd like to see what it's like being a student at Scala ad Caelum, separate from whatever is going to unfold in Dark Road. And heck, maybe they could even use that idea to explore more of how Daybreak Town became Scala ad Caelum, showing things that wouldn't be seen during UX or DR's finale and maybe that's how we can get some UX scenes recreated in 3D.

Chie

Awards
The entire point of remaking the game is so that it wouldn't be tied to all the complications of an online game, and would instead be a Kingdom Hearts game you can actually play as a part of the sequenced story when you're playing the series. Even the fanciest MMO would just prolong this issue even further.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Please God not an MMO.
That would be the third time this story has been delivered in an ephemeral service game.
It deserves a concrete, single-installment, permanent title.

That aside, an MMO the main story of which is something fans already know would be a particularly difficult sell.

AegisXIII

Awards
If a remake of UX is on its way, it has to be on a single player mode. The reason is that this remake need to make the story accessible for newcomers since it contains so many important aspects for the future of the series. If you rely on servers, then your game won't be here forever.

Not to mention that the serie is not big enough to become a crazy MMO like FF14 which has been designed entirely for that. Remember FFXV comrades? Not a great success. I never saw anyone there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I can not see Union X working as an MMO for several reasons.
  • Yoshi-P has commented on being unable to do certain stuff due to a lack of resources (for example, read his response about why they haven't gotten the game on Xbox yet), so if Square Enix's flagship MMO can not afford to dedicate resources then it's highly unlikely for Kingdom Hearts to be able to do so on a grand scale.
  • We are coming to the end of X living its life for 8 years. During that time the most we got for story were 5 quests a month. An MMO is suppose to put in dozens and dozens of quests and story every couple of months, on a scale much larger than what a phone game could, as well as delivering massive expansions every year or so.
  • Again, we are coming to the end of X living its life for 8 years. I don't want to go through that again. I don't want a KH game to drizzle out story as an alarmingly slow pace, especially for a story that we've gone through again and again.
  • They were barely able to come up with any interesting content for the mobile game. For the last year or so it was just a rotation of the exact same events every month. I don't really have much faith that they would provide any meaningful, in-depth MMO style raids and experiences based on that. Besides, all I want is the story....
I echo the other comments about any version of Union X being an offline, single player game. I think the Unchained X and Union X stories are perfectly set up for a Reverse/Rebirth type scenario, where you finish the Keyblade War, get the scenes after the credits of you waking up in Enchanted Dominion with Maleficent there etc. and then Union X unlocks on the title screen and you go through that side of the story.

I really don't need to have other people running around my game to provide me with an enjoyable experience. I just want a console game where I can have a customisable character with costume pieces to find in chests and as rewards for mini-games / side quests / objectives and I get to go through the definitive story of the game with my Chirithy.

AR829038

Awards
Yeah, I'm with the rest of the people here. Being an MMO is what ruined this game to begin with. MMO's are the most vulnerable genre of game when it comes to corporate greed. They take eons to complete, the gameplay is rarely that fun or engaging, the opportunities for gatcha mechanics are just too overwhelming, and (and this is just a personal preference of mine) I don't really like games where you have to rely on other players to get through it. Not to mention, MMO's have a finite lifespan, which is the absolute WORST part about them as a genre.

If I enjoy a game, I want to be able to keep it and play it years or decades down the line, like I do with all the classic PS2 games I still own. But MMO's can only exist so long as they can afford to. Once the story ends or profit dries up, then the game just disappears, and if you're lucky, the story will be archived online in playthroughs, but that's nowhere near as fun as being able to play the games yourself.

Frankly, I despise MMO's. I really do. I hate what they do to narratives, how they stretch them out over an interminably long period of time until all the momentum for a story just gets sucked dry for the sake of companies gaining a longer window of time to drink money out of their players. I hate how they render games unplayable after a short amount of time. They just really suck. To me, the novelty of being able to play with a bunch of other people in real-time doesn't even come close to justifying the costs to the narrative or the imposition of a short lifespan on the game itself.

Form Oblivion

Awards
How about no KHUX remake at all? I love the whole entirety of the game (except Agrabah, can't bear to listen to that music). Don't really see why SE would spend money on doing something like that

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
How about no KHUX remake at all? I love the whole entirety of the game (except Agrabah, can't bear to listen to that music). Don't really see why SE would spend money on doing something like that
So that it's not stuck as a mobile game theater mode for all eternity?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why wouldn't they remake the game? It's easy money and it's important for Phase 2 of Kingdom Hearts.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Maybe the remake can have a single player mode and an MMO mode? That way, when the servers go down, we can play the singleplayer version?

Pouhi

Awards
hmm, i really like the IDEA of a KH MMO, but maybe make it its own thing and not just a remake of KHUX, i don't really see the purpose in that. personally id like it to be either loosely related to the story (as in its alright if you skipped it, like Re:Coded) or not related at all, you just play as a Keyblade wielder and fight heartless 'n stuff, so no one really feels forced to play it. as long as it isnt a literally pay to play (as in you need a membership to even play the game) then i think it would be really nice to have, i have faith that Square could really pull it off well. it just depends on how much they beg the players for money that will probably make or break the game itself. what they have going for KH: MoM is a good example, there is an offline/campaign mode and a multiplayer/online mode if you feel so inclined to play said multiplayer mode. but this is probably just wishful thinking, i dont think they will ever make a proper KH MMO sadly

Back