• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIxp!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
KHIxp
(logo on the way soon)​

First and foremost, I'd like to introduce you all to the latest addition to KHI. It's name is (temporarily ) KHIxp. I know a lot of you have questions and concerns with our new friend and I hope that this little guide will answer all of them for you. So without further ado, let's get started!

(I am going to stress that most of the specifics are still being tested and will most likely be changed in the near future. Keep your eyes glued to this thread for updates)
All features are for STAFF and PLATINUM members. When the testing has been completed, these features will be rolled out to both regular members and Premium members. Don't worry, it's retroactive ;)
Thank you for your patience, Premiums :)

• Leveling Bars:
    These little guys sit in your 'User Information' (aka postbit) next to each and every post you make. What do they mean? There are three different colored bars: Orange, Blue and Green. These represent Level, XP till you reach the next level and Forum Activity. Let me drill deeper into what these actually mean, what is taken into consideration and how it all works.
    • The Orange Bar:
      This bar shows you how far along you are in the level system. The highest possible level at this point is (temporarily) 100 . Will this limit change? Eventually. But right now, it's a good limit.
      • Here are some notes on how to gain XP.
        - Posting
        - Creating a new thread
        - Referring new members
        - Getting your thread stickied
      • You will lose XP by
        - "Spamming' in a section that is not FI
        - Having posts deleted
        - Being a jackass
        - Getting an infraction / Warning
        - Not following the rules
      • Forums where XP is not gained
        - FI
        - More to come.
      • How much XP is gained for doing what?
        - Nothing is quite final. I want to indulge you all with the details but I don't want to get into those specifics quite yet.
    • The Blue Bar:
      This bar is a graphical representation of how much XP you need in order to advance to the next level. Very simple.
    • The Green Bar:
      I can see this being a controversial and confusing meter. This is a representation of how active you've been on the forum since the day you joined. If you've been here a day and posted a lot in your first day, this bar will be all full up. If you've been here for several years and maybe you've missed a week or two, or even three of posting it won't be as full. Don't be sad or mad though. This bar is less important. And yes; the more you post, the faster this bar will fill up.
  • Currency:
    There will be a new currency added to the site. This can easily be explained by just summing it up like this: In Kingdom Hearts (or any other RPG for that matter) when you finish a fight, you get both XP (above) and some sort of money. Make sense? I hope so. When this has been implemented (Very soon) I will go more in-depth on how it all works. (This will be updated with the shops, tomorrow). I can say now that you will receive money for doing things and being active on KHI.

Needless to say, the money will be able to buy many things. You will be able to donate to other users, gift items to users and sell things in our marketplace :). Get ready for that one. Start thinking of what you can do to get money.
  • Shops:
    More on these tomorrow.
  • Awards:
    We will have new awards given out for different things. What are these things? Nobody really knows yet. This new system does allow us to recognize certain members of the KHI community with different awards.
  • Stats:
    This one is more back-end. This new addition to KHI (KHIxp) will help us see how active the forums really are. It will also give us the opportunity to see what everyone wants, so we can expand on that within the marketplace and whatnot.
  • Update!
    So there is some bad news about the Shops and Currency. Unfortunately these are going to have to wait. I want to put it in but, it is a lack of available tools to properly implement this the way I want it. Hopefully soon the tools needed to enable these will become available and I will be the first to tell you when it's going to be added.

But do not fret! Shops and Currency may be a big part of the plan, but it's not all! As you can see there have already been some updates. A lot of them have been cosmetic changes and changes made behind the scenes to make this place run that much faster, and just general tidy up of old; non-existent features.

Oh, one more thing. New style very soon ;)
  • Update Deux!
    How do you gain EXP? Here are the specifics!
    • EXP for completing profile : 20
    • EXP for members in your created Social Group : 10
    • EXP per Friend : 20
    • EXP for visitor messages : 1
    • EXP per referral : 15
    • EXP per Thread created : 10
    • EXP per Vote : 3
    • EXP per Post in your own thread : 1
    • EXP per thread stickied : 7
    • EXP per Post : 3
    • All subject to change within the week*

There are obviously more that you all want to know. Please feel free to post here and we will gladly make a FAQ post.

Thanks for your patience. This has sort of been a while in the making. I wanted to get this done almost a year ago but, I was kinda busy. Now it's here and I'm going to strive to make this as good as it can be. So any ideas to make this better are welcome.

<3, KHI Staff.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Eh, probably something that's going to be fixed, this is more about the bars themselves rather than what they show or represent. There's a gap in the user info box next to the bars, where the background of the post itself comes into. Not really an eyesore, but a nuisance. Just thought I might comment on that, because I haven't seen anyone else do it yet.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yep^

Very nice. Thanks for the updates.
Question though, is money retroactive as well? For example, a user at a high level will have a lot of money? Or does everyone start out with zero money and work their way up?

tl;dr I wanna know if I'm broke or rich.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Do thread starters still gain on their bars or points in some form if their thread in FI gains a lot of posts?

Oh, and I also have noticed the new Experience tab in the Profile Pages. That makes things a bit easier to view in-depth info without going to the shop.

Last edited:
S

Shadow Soldier

What if I don't want it on my profile or anything. No option to disable it?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
No idea. I don't think so, though.

Why not, though? You're the only guy with 100% activity.
Mind you, everyone else besides Johnny Stooge has 0%.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
This seems really cool. I wonder what kind of stuff you can buy? Is it items from other members like a KHI eBay? If so, can the money go to PayPal? No need really to answer these questions as I am sure they will be answered shortly.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I'm guessing it's going to be like the ps3 forums where you can buy little icons for different games, logo, symbols, etc. that go underneath your bars there.

S

Shadow Soldier

Why not, though? You're the only guy with 100% activity.

Does it make me any cooler? No. Does it get me hot skanky babes? No. Does it give me an award that I can use in real life? No. What's the point?

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
This seems interesting, the shop reminds me of vbplaza, I forgot what happened with that exactly.

You aren't doing this all on your own, are you dg?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
We found a less buggy forum.

Technically, he isn't, since we're basically his Guinna Pigs.

But for coding and whatnot, possibly.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Clarification please - losing exp over getting your posts deleted. Does it include also posts I delete myself, or only ones deleted by staff members?
And will deleting a post/having it deleted in FI also induce 'punishment'?

Leonard

Married to Crimson &#9829;
There's a gap in the user info box next to the bars, where the background of the post itself comes into. Not really an eyesore, but a nuisance.

I thought so, too.

Wouldn't it look better to put the bars beneath the Messenger Icon bar (or make the bars longer)? It would probably look a little tidier.

D

Deleted member 36435

picture2p.png

The bars are staying where they are.

Back