• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider's Online SSBB Tournament

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Meh, this will likely fail.

Regardless, it sounds like something I would be intrested in.

As for being qualified... I don't play online at all anymore, but I did for a few months.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
hey guys i have brawl now after months of shit and trying to find a wii lets knock shit loose. oh wait no wifi until i get situated back at school, eh.

also, ROB IS WALL-E I SWEAR TO KRISHNA

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Didn't the last one fail solely because of this whole "team-concept"?

Well, I'm in. With the recent EU release of Brawl, we might be able to get a few more members in than last time.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

Didn't the last one fail solely because of this whole "team-concept"?

Well, I'm in. With the recent EU release of Brawl, we might be able to get a few more members in than last time.

Don't forget the added lag D:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Unless you can work-in timezones to set matches, it will topple over. Just my take, not to mention the unexpected factor of our changing schedules :\

I'll participate, and especially if we're teaming it.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
Why not make an uber signature and give it away as a prize? It could say something like "KHIinsider SSB Brawl Champion!" That'd get me motivated.

Twilight12

Unless you can work-in timezones to set matches, it will topple over. Just my take, not to mention the unexpected factor of our changing schedules :\

I'll participate, and especially if we're teaming it.

I was just about to say the same thing :\. Anywho, I live in Cali, so i'd appreciate it if you didnt start this shindig at like 4 PM Eastern. Also, what about the teaming idea? will it be happening? Because i have a partner in mind, and i'm sure you guys will have some fun brawling us :D

Zangetsu said:
Rules and Regulations:

Match Type:
4 Stock
8 Minutes
No Items
Best 2 out of 3
(Optional) Smash Balls on low

Approved Levels:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Island
Luigi's Mansion
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Srsly. Like wtf? You are aware spammers will fkn own in this stage because of the "Hyrule" effect :\. It'll be a pain in the fkn ass to deal with, and will cause unfair advantages. You can litterally brawl on here from 300+% :\.

Also, why not Corneria, Smashville, Yoshis Island, Bridge of Eldin, and Mario Circuit. Damn, if your letting Luigi Mansion in here, might as well let Shadow Moses Island be in play aswell.

As for your smashalls on low, regardless of the frequency you have them on, they'll appear at the same time. Since thier the only items in play, then they'll appear as the only items, hence smashballs would = HIGH.

Last edited:

KeybladeMasterGS

Another problem with running these types of things is that there's a lack of a prize of any sort.

Most people wouldn't give a damn about the tournament and just blow it off if there's no real reward for participating.

How about the prize of beating someone you might not know about and laugh your head off.

(well that's what I think)

I think this would be fun if it actually might work.

If this is going any where by that I mean actually happening PM me

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Match Type:

* 4 Stock
* 8 Minutes
* No Items
* Best 2 out of 3
* (Optional) Smash Balls on low

Approved Levels:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Delfino Island
* Luigi's Mansion

* Halberd
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Pokemon Stadium (Melee)

Definitely no smash balls, please. I'd like to keep this tournament relatively skill based. I'd be extremely pissed should the tide of a match turn due to a f*cking landmaster. I'm sure others would feel the same as well.

As for the stages, I highly disagree with Luigi's Mansion and Delfino. Luigi's Mansion isn't necessarily a bad stage or anything, but the fact that it's such a cramped stage just makes it sort of un-fun. And as for Delfino, I find it to be a ridiculous stage, and I hate it. There have been several occasions where some of my friends and I would accidentally die due to the constant changing of areas while we were doing an up+b or something. The added lag on Wi-Fi may also make this a frustrating stage. That's just me though.

Personally, here are the stages I think are the only ones we should use, as they are the most fair:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Halberd (debatable)
  • Frigate Orpheon (also debatable)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island (the Brawl one, not the shitty Melee one)
  • Castle Siege
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Bridge of Eldin (also debatable)

I might be leaving out some others, but uh, other than that, your rules seem fine. Just leaving my own input, though. Would like for others to do the same.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Also, why not Corneria, Smashville, Yoshis Island, Bridge of Eldin, and Mario Circuit. Damn, if your letting Luigi Mansion in here, might as well let Shadow Moses Island be in play aswell.

That list isn't even finalized. Hell, I just put those levels on there from the top of my head. And I already PM'ed someone about Smashville and Bridge of Eldin. I'll be ading Smashville to the list, but the Bridge of Eldin is a no go. The reason being is the knockback of the bomb and it's a walk-off level. Same with Mario Circuit. So I'll edit the list sometime tonight.

Also, everything will be on Eastern time. So everyone get their time differences down!

Twilight12

basically same things i pointed out :\

Delfino Square is not a bad stage IMO. It adds something different. Its not a badstage, u just have bad EXP. How would Bridge and Halberd be debatable? I personally dont want Frigate on there. If Castle Siege is on there, then Delfino better be in there.

Edit:
Zan said:
That list isn't even finalized. Hell, I just put those levels on there from the top of my head. And I already PM'ed someone about Smashville and Bridge of Eldin. I'll be ading Smashville to the list, but the Bridge of Eldin is a no go. The reason being is the knockback of the bomb and it's a walk-off level. Same with Mario Circuit. So I'll edit the list sometime tonight.

Also, everything will be on Eastern time. So everyone get their time differences down!

But then your not being fair. We need to have some walk of stages because not everyone has a spike move, and if ur telling me your not making this spiked based, then why the need of a fall off area? Bridge, your an idiot if u walk in there, but in the case you get grabbed into it, then thats it, i mean come on, Link, Ganon, Boswer and all those fat asses dont got that great of a recovery :\ we should make it where ATLEAST we all have a = chance at winning. Corneria gonna be in?[

Last edited:

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
How would Bridge and Halberd be debatable? I personally dont want Frigate on there. If Castle Siege is on there, then Delfino better be in there.

Bridge of Eldin because of the guy on the warthog and the bomb. Halberd because of the claw, bomb, and laser. And lastly, Frigate because of the stage flip. These are relatively easy obstacles to avoid, but some people might complain. And as for Delfino, I'm not opposed to it being in, I just really dislike it (because of yes, bad experience I've had with it), and felt like giving my own input.

But yeah, I'm not a huge Frigate fan either, so I wouldn't mind it being gone.

And Castle Siege isn't as annoying as Delfino is in terms of its changing terrain.

But anyway, I agree that if we keep one stage like Delfino out, then we should keep all identical stages out as well. And vice versa: if we keep stages like Delfino in, then we should have all stages like it in.

Royale

manic
Why don't we pair up the matches by their locations? Match up the players that are closest to one another, that way the complains on lag will decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back