• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider will interview Justin Cowden!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

While Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- was unfortunately not announced at the Tokyo Game Show, we here at KHInsider are very lucky to have the opportunity to interview one of the voice actors from the popular Kingdom Hearts II.

Justin Cowden is the voice of Hayner, the leader of the Twilight Town gang. Fans will remember Hayner as the cheerful guy who was best friends with main character Roxas during his time in the virtual Twilight Town. In reality Hayner was one of three friends who spent their days eating ice cream and visiting the beach. While Hayner wasn't seen for a while after Sora awoke from his year long sleep, Hayner and his friends found one of Sora's friends Kairi in Twilight Town and took her in to protect her. This was futile, however as the Organization had tracked down Kairi and taken her back. Swearing to protect Kairi because of their friendship, Hayner helped Sora tap into the virtual side of Twilight Town, thus ending his storyline in Kingdom Hearts II.

Although Hayner has not been seen in the installments post Kingdom Hearts II, the chance of the Twilight Town gang returning should not be completely wiped out. The Kingdom Hearts III trailer at this years E3 showed Sora fighting a swarm of Heartless in Twilight Town, while the secret ending to Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, commonly known as Birth by Sleep Volume 2, showed Hayner, Pence and Olette outside the old mansion in Twilight Town with Kairi. Is it possible that Hayner and his friends will make a possible return?

KHInsider will be talking with Mr. Cowden very soon, and we are encouraging you guys, the member of our forums, to submit your questions for him! Questions must be presented in the following method; "Question - Username". When set out it would look like this: "Mr. Cowden, what is the function of a rubber duck? - Chaser". This is done so we can easily grab the questions and they are in easy to read.

Naturally, the chance to interview a voice actor from the Kingdom Hearts series is, in itself exciting. However we do ask for your patience with the time spent doing this as we are still finalising the interview date (hopefully this weekend) and editing the audio is a big task in itself. In the meantime, we encourage you to look back at our past interviews. KHInsider has had the privilage of interviewing Naia Kelly who voiced Jane Porter in Kingdom Hearts, and Benjamin Diskin who voiced Young Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance].

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Alright, I think I have one.

Prior to providing Hayner with your voice, have you heard how he sounds like in Japanese? And if so, what do you think is most important for you: voicing him in a way most comfortable to you, or try to match the style and mannerism of the Japanese seiyuu? - Flanix

Oops. I think that was two questions. I hope it still passes.

Korai

Awards
What was your favorite line to record for Hayner? -rjk42

also, there seems to be something wrong with the links to the other interviews

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
also, there seems to be something wrong with the links to the other interviews
Oh, it did the thingy where it puts forums. in front of the link. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
How about this: If Hayner were to reappear in a future installment of the series, would you want to reprise said role?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, don't be afraid to ask him more general questions about acting, theater, etc. as well

How about this: If Hayner were to reappear in a future installment of the series, would you want to reprise said role?

You did it in the wrong format ;C Also he has already said on his FB he'd love to be in KH3 if Hayner is in KH3.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
You did it in the wrong format ;C Also he has already said on his FB he'd love to be in KH3 if Hayner is in KH3.
Sorry. :C I noticed after I posted, but it wouldn't let me edit it, this phone sux. And I didn't know that. Hmm... let's try this again.... How did your career as an actor begin? - Xblade13

Tru

Question, so when should we expect an announcement regarding Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix? - Tru

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
These probably aren't good questions, but I'll try, anyway.

"Mr. Cowden, if your character were to become a main protagonist in KHIII or the next Saga, would you want to be a Keyblade wielder or have another weapon to fight with?" - LightSky452

"If you could voice any other character from the series (be it a Disney, FF, TWEWY, or original KH character), who would it be and why?" - LightSky452

Also... I love the "function of a rubber duck" example above. LOL. Arthur Weasley, anyone? :D

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
"Is Hayner a character you tried out for, or were you contacted to play him? If you did try out, what role was it for, and how was that experience?" - LaunchpadMcQuack

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Will you follow in the footsteps of Ben Diskin before you and troll this very forum after the interview? - Mirby

:D

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
"How does being a voice actor for a video game character such as Hayner differ from any other role" - Destiny Seeker

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
What was your favorite part about being Hayner's voice actor? - ChibiHearts249 -

I'm glad we may be seeing the Twilight Town gang, again. I was kinda upset that we just sorta...DUMPED them after so long =/

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
"Are you friends with any of the other voice actors for this series? As in, do you hang out with any of them on a somewhat regular basis?" -Mirby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back