• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider interviews Ben Diskin! - He's played KH 1 and 2 already!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

flurryflames

Re: KHInsider interviews Ben Diskin!

Sorry I can't just ask one. It is impossible.

1. Have you ever heard of the game Kingdom Hearts before voicing Young Xeohanort? If not did you have to brush up on resources to understand the game or play through the series?

2. When Sqaure-Enix asked you to voice Young Xeohanort, did they give you a revised script to follow separate from the japanese one or a new one? If so how it did defer from the oringal version of the game?

3. Some VA used sutle hand motions to stay in character when they are recording. How did you tone yourself with Young Xeohanort?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Was it worth playing the part of Young Xehanort? Did you ever think to yourself "Hey, I really like this character"?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

1. Have you ever heard of the game Kingdom Hearts before voicing Young Xeohanort? If not did you have to brush up on resources to understand the game or play through the series?

Check out Chaser's post on the previous page. He's played 1 and 2 in the past.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Mr. Diskin how has playing Young Master Xheanort differed from any other role you have taken on?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Okay, the interview is schedualed for 12 pm Pacific Time, 3 pm Eastern Standard Time, 5 A.M. Australian Eastern Standard Time and 8 PM Greenwich Mean Time on Tuesday the 24th.

Questions will close 6 hours prior to those times.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I miss one day and I miss this HUGE PIECE OF NEWS?! I love Ben for doing this. I can't even think of any questions right now...
(And there I posted Chaser ;)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Do you plan on playing the game?

Domination

Awards

Question: "Before playing the role of Young Master Xehanort, had you ever heard of or played any games in the Kingdom Hearts series?"

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Question: "Before playing the role of Young Master Xehanort, had you ever heard of or played any games in the Kingdom Hearts series?"

guys you're killing me

Cause I'm awesome and can answer questions with posts from months ago;

579395_3901358294515_1295926774_3648950_500403061_n.jpg

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
New thread title.

Keep asking questions guise! I think there are only 13 hours left!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Besides KH1 and KH2, did you have any exposure to the other games?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Maybe too much, but instead of just Master Xehanort, maybe all Xehanort variations? (Master, Xemnas, Ansem SoD)

It was meant to be a joke though lol

But hey, it'd be cool if he did. However, he could not be aware of how they even sound like so yeah :p

KHI: Hey, could you try do one of the Xehanort voices? Ansem? Or Xemnas maybe?

Ben: ... Sorry, don't know how they sound like actually. I know Ansem and Xemnas but it has been so long since I played those games.. So yeah uhm..

KHI: I see...

*awkward silence*

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Don't ask voice actors to do their voices or other voices. They find it really annoying. It's an insult to their work. It takes time to prepare and get into character.

I'd imagine it's less about "preparing and getting into character" and more on the "insult to their work" side. It's sort of like saying, "we don't care about your character so amuse us with these others."

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'd imagine it's less about "preparing and getting into character" and more on the "insult to their work" side. It's sort of like saying, "we don't care about your character so amuse us with these others."

Yeah, when my brother met Richard Epcar at a Power Rangers convention, he asked him for a shout out and Richard Epcar said he'd do a shout out, but he wouldn't do it in Ansem SoD's voice if my brother asked xP

ShailsTDSPT

Out of all the Xehanorts, I actually like Young Xehanort's voice better. I don't think Master Xehanort's voice fits him and I find Xemnas a bit dull. Ansem... I actually like it after the change. I still prefer Young Xehanort, I just thought it would be interesting to hear how he imagined the counterparts of his character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back