• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider & GameTrailers.com collaborating on Kingdom Hearts mysteries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hakan Xatos

Awards
True DDD time-traveling and Timeless River are two different things, but I can name one similarity. Just like multiple versions of Xehanort in the same place and time; Pete and Captain Pete appear in the same place and time. Throw in Captain Justice/Dark and Peg Leg Pete into the mix and you have the start of Organization Pete!

Hakan Xatos

Awards
All jokes aside I guess the most serious mystery to me in DDD is the Mark of Mastery compared to BBS. Master Eraqus had two trials for Terra and Aqua. The orbs and then fighting each other. Yen Sid's test for Mickey was more vague. Aiding Ventus and Aqua, although disobeying Yen Sid, was enough for him to pass. Then in DDD Sora and Riku must save the Sleeping Worlds to pass by unlocking the 7 keyholes. The point is that there doesn't seem to be a traditional pattern to follow in making a Mark of Mastery exam. So how did Xehanort foresee that the exam would take place in the Sleeping Realm and knew to send YX there as a trap? It's not like the danger was widespread in the KH universe like the Heartless, Nobodies and Unversed which had to be dealt with. It was a separate realm and Yen Sid could have easily given a BBS type exam instead.

So does this mean that Xehanort had a spy collect intel on Yen Sid's plans and acted accordingly? Or, and this is my favorite choice, did Xehanort sent YX into the future to collect a Future Xehanort to join his new Org. 13? Think about it, how does Xehanort keep one step ahead although he loses or his plans are foiled in each game? He has FX to predict what's going to happen and Xehanort is able to continue his plans just using different paths to avoid himself being defeated. FX could have warned them about Yen Sid sending Sora and Riku to the Sleeping Realm and had plenty of time to make that trap. That's how he planned all the events to fall in his favor. So not only is Xehanort threatening the universe, he may be changing the events in time to suit his purposes. Quite diabolical of a plan if it was true.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
All jokes aside I guess the most serious mystery to me in DDD is the Mark of Mastery compared to BBS. Master Eraqus had two trials for Terra and Aqua. The orbs and then fighting each other. Yen Sid's test for Mickey was more vague. Aiding Ventus and Aqua, although disobeying Yen Sid, was enough for him to pass. Then in DDD Sora and Riku must save the Sleeping Worlds to pass by unlocking the 7 keyholes. The point is that there doesn't seem to be a traditional pattern to follow in making a Mark of Mastery exam. So how did Xehanort foresee that the exam would take place in the Sleeping Realm and knew to send YX there as a trap? It's not like the danger was widespread in the KH universe like the Heartless, Nobodies and Unversed which had to be dealt with. It was a separate realm and Yen Sid could have easily given a BBS type exam instead.

So does this mean that Xehanort had a spy collect intel on Yen Sid's plans and acted accordingly? Or, and this is my favorite choice, did Xehanort sent YX into the future to collect a Future Xehanort to join his new Org. 13? Think about it, how does Xehanort keep one step ahead although he loses or his plans are foiled in each game? He has FX to predict what's going to happen and Xehanort is able to continue his plans just using different paths to avoid himself being defeated. FX could have warned them about Yen Sid sending Sora and Riku to the Sleeping Realm and had plenty of time to make that trap. That's how he planned all the events to fall in his favor. So not only is Xehanort threatening the universe, he may be changing the events in time to suit his purposes. Quite diabolical of a plan if it was true.

I'm guessing that Xehanort knew that Yen Sid was going to teach them the power to awaken hearts and maybe that can only be done through sleeping worlds.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Okay maybe so but even that has a catch. If awaking hearts could only be done in the sleeping realm, how come it isn't a standardized part of the mark of mastery that required Terra, aqua and mickey to do the same? Since new organization 13 is comprised of different versions of xehanorts it's very plausible that there was a FX member. He could have just told MX where sora and riku was going.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Okay maybe so but even that has a catch. If awaking hearts could only be done in the sleeping realm, how come it isn't a standardized part of the mark of mastery that required Terra, aqua and mickey to do the same? Since new organization 13 is comprised of different versions of xehanorts it's very plausible that there was a FX member. He could have just told MX where sora and riku was going.

Sleeping Worlds are fallen worlds which wasn't an issue at the time. It's up to the Master to decide what the test will be like.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I know it wasn't an issue then, but you said it was the only way to "teach them the power to awaken hearts... that can only be done through sleeping worlds." That suggests that Aqua, Terra and Mickey could not use the power to awaken hearts since there were no Sleeping Worlds at that time. Unless Mickey doesn't really know how, there probably is another way. MX could have gotten his info on which way Yen Sid was going to use to teach them from his future self. It would be a good plot twist and fills some of those holes on how MX laid out his perfect plan.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Xagzan You know how right after Sora asks Xehanort how he knew he'd be there on that day, Kairi comes racing towards Sora like she did in KH1? YX is implying that he brought Kairi to the Secret Spot that day, or whatever, to lure Sora there.

Also, sorry if the sentence structure above is weird. I think I have strep throat at the moment, and I'm kinda delirious, but I hope I answered that question, at least:)

DoctahFaz

Awards
This is a very exciting project. Thank you for your dedication!

maxitos8820

Hey! I don't know if you already figured this out, but in the Kingdom Heart's official web if you scroll down there's the storyline for each of the Kingdom Hearts, including Kingdom Hearts III.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Nah, the biggest series mystery are still the Keyblades themselves. Originally they were "made" in the image of the χ-blade and and seem to have a will of their own since they chose their wielder. You need a strong heart to use it but inheriting it from someone also helps. You can lend it someone from time to time (even involuntarily), but you may not get it back. You may have only one per heart, but sometimes more: if you possess another heart, your Keyblade went to a different person or you need a Keyblade from another realm.
Also nobody really knows what Keychains are or how a Keyblade would look without it but sometimes there is a difference between these two and sometimes not. The chain itself will also only have seven links, nothing more and nothing less. Keychainless Keyblades are often considered "dead".

Thelios

Hi I'm new to KHInsider.
I have an very important question and I searched for it everywhere.
I wondered why no one ever mentioned it...
Why were the keyblades of Sora, Riku and King Mickey at the keyblades graveyard at the time when Terra Aqua and Ventus fought against Xehanort and Vanitas?

That's nearly the only question I have left about KH!!!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Hi I'm new to KHInsider.
I have an very important question and I searched for it everywhere.
I wondered why no one ever mentioned it...
Why were the keyblades of Sora, Riku and King Mickey at the keyblades graveyard at the time when Terra Aqua and Ventus fought against Xehanort and Vanitas?

That's nearly the only question I have left about KH!!!
Well, technically that scene never actually happened in the story. That scene was more metaphor and foreshadowing for the fates of the three wielders. Terra was holding the Kingdom Key; his story ends with hijacked body in the Realm of Light. Aqua held the Dark Kingdom Key; she ends up trapped in the Realm of Darkness. Ventus held The Way To Dawn, and his story ends with his body in the Realm of In-Between (Castle Oblivion), a place that's equally light and dark.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Now that GameTrailers has moved to Eazy Alliez, would KHInsider consider collaborating with them again?

wanbilucky

Website
choigamevui.net
I've played all the games and I understand the story but time travel has really made the story even more convoluted and cryptic than some people already thought it was to begin with.

Back