• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider & GameTrailers.com collaborating on Kingdom Hearts mysteries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The year 2014 is finally coming to a close and it's been a hectic one full of new announcements and releases. Rather than recap everything that's happened in the past 12 months, we thought we'd give you something to look forward to in the new year.

Perhaps you remember GameTrailer's Kingdom Hearts Timeline? It was an hour-long video that was released prior to Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix and laid out important events from all currently released titles in order to prepare fans for the long-awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. It was well received and currrently has over 2 million views combined! A number of KHInsider staff were given the opportunity to act as Lore Consultants for the Timeline, and after its release, we realized that there were many mysteries not included in the video due to time constraints. 

Thus, we decided to team up with GameTrailers yet again. We're pleased to announce a special collaboration pop-fiction video series between our two sites, focusing on select mysteries of the Kingdom Hearts series! You can check out Gametrailer's 2014 Year-End Review and scroll to [1:04:43] to learn more! 

The 1st in a series of 5 episodes will focus on time travel in the games and is expected to debut January 2015. While time travel isn't specifically a "mystery", it is a fairly complicated subject that a lot of fans have had difficulty wrapping their heads around since it was introduced in 2012's Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. Later episodes will then delve into the deeper mysteries that have yet to be fully explained.

We're very excited to once again be working with Gametrailers and hope these videos will help everyone catch up before Kingdom Hearts 3 releases on the PS4 and Xbox One. Please look forward to them!

Be sure to follow us on social media to keep up to date with the collaboration!

Gametrailers.com [Twitter] [Youtube] [Facebook] [Tumblr]
KHInsider.com [Twitter] [Youtube] [Facebook] [Tumblr]

Bobjam

Awards
Awesome idea. Love GameTrailers narration and loved the timeline video. Looking forward to it greatly!

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Good luck with possibly one of the most arduous tasks in video games: Explaining Kingdom Hearts' story.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
God, I'm crying for Michael. Michael talking about KH and getting those responses is exactly what happens to me when I talk about KH with other people.

SUPER EXCITED!

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
God, I'm crying for Michael. Michael talking about KH and getting those responses is exactly what happens to me when I talk about KH with other people.

SUPER EXCITED!

Haha yes. I felt bad for him :(

This is why I just refrain from mentioning KH at all in front of my friends and family :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Haha yes. I felt bad for him :(

This is why I just refrain from mentioning KH at all in front of my friends and family :)
Keep the love deep inside, hidden from everyone. Join a forum to discuss it where people are doing the same thing as you. 8D

WaveK89

Very exciting. Anything to keep the Kingdom Hearts flame inside me going. I'm sure it will be awesome! Thank you and thanks to Gametrailers as well.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I've watched Doctor Who and the DBZ Cell saga so many times I got time-traveling and alternate timelines down pat. The time-traveling in DDD was very simple for me to comprehend ;)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I've watched Doctor Who and the DBZ Cell saga so many times I got time-traveling and alternate timelines down pat. The time-traveling in DDD was very simple for me to comprehend ;)
I've watched those too and I don't find them to be anything alike in any regard, lol. The Doctor and Trunks use ships to time travel, they don't have to shed their bodies and become walking hearts. They're also not restricted to their own timeline, The Doctor is supposed to avoid his own timeline and Trunks only goes back in his because that's where he needs to go. xD Very happy you had no difficulty with it, though, but it definitely has a lot more restrictions and complications than DW or DBZ.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I've watched those too and I don't find them to be anything alike in any regard, lol. The Doctor and Trunks use ships to time travel, they don't have to shed their bodies and become walking hearts. They're also not restricted to their own timeline, The Doctor is supposed to avoid his own timeline and Trunks only goes back in his because that's where he needs to go. xD Very happy you had no difficulty with it, though, but it definitely has a lot more restrictions and complications than DW or DBZ.
Okay, well thanks for analyzing that for me. I was just making a joke of it after all and didn't mean it literally lol. Since time traveling and alternate timelines haven't been done or proven, it's fun seeing everyone's different take on the subject for our entertainment. Every one of those series has their own rules and guidelines you have to follow and accept, so I know its impossible to understand one game or show's time traveling and apply it to another. It's going to be interesting on how KH makes their rules and I look forward to learning more. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Okay, well thanks for analyzing that for me. I was just making a joke of it after all and didn't mean it literally lol. Since time traveling and alternate timelines haven't been done or proven, it's fun seeing everyone's different take on the subject for our entertainment. Every one of those series has their own rules and guidelines you have to follow and accept, so I know its impossible to understand one game or show's time traveling and apply it to another. It's going to be interesting on how KH makes their rules and I look forward to learning more. :)
Definitely wasn't trying to analyze it! I was more so a bit jealous that you seemed to have no problem with the concept. xD

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Definitely wasn't trying to analyze it! I was more so a bit jealous that you seemed to have no problem with the concept. xD
I appreciate that but I don't think even myself, a self-proclaimed time traveling expert, could come close to understanding what devious time traveling scheme Master Xehanort can cook up! I mean seriously, before DDD nobody would of thought of the New Organization with Xehanorts from different timelines o.0

Dazza

'introduced in 2012's Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance'

Hm?
KH2, Timeless River? Anyone?

I don't know anything about DDD.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Hm?

Time travel for Timeless River and in DDD are completely different, therefore this specific form of Time Travel discussed in the video was introduced in DDD.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Hm?

Timeless River was quite literally accomplished because "a wizard did it." It's the method that was introduce in 3D with all its crazy rules and limitations that we'll be discussing.

Xagzan

Awards
Biggest mystery in the series at the moment:

Sora: What are you saying? That he knew everything that would happen?

YX: No, not everything. But remember, Ansem possessed Riku and saw
his experiences in real time.

Sora: So? That could only tell him so much. How did he know I would be
here today?

YX: Simple.

Me: Wait, what's simple? You didn't answer the question, bro! How did he know he would be there?? None of this still makes any sense.

Runners up:

- Did Xehanort truly have amnesia or was he faking it? And if he did have it, exactly when did he regain his memories? How much did he remember? How much of Terra influenced Xemnas, if any?

- Oh Billy Zane, why did you leave us?

Back