• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIII: The plot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
Kingdom Hearts III Synopsis:

Believing light and darkness must remain in balance, Master Xehanort seeks to spark war against the ‘tyranny of light’ to restore equilibrium. In an effort to undermine Xehanort’s plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the “Key to Return Hearts,” while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders.

I know this is little info to touch upon, but I thought I would talk about it so I could understand the situation thoroughly.I read this a few times trying to understand what they mean. I do get the plot, but how they said it confused me a bit. Was it only speculation that Mickey knows who the 7 guardians of light may be? I think Riku and Lea were there too when they confronted Xehanort. Mickey speculated who they were, but in this case Sora, Donald, and Goofy are searching for them. Ventus would basically be the only Guardian they have to look for while searching for the Key to Return Hearts (I'm guessing this will be the key to save Ventus, and maybe Roxas and Xion?). Terra is still in question because he's part of the 13 Darknesses at this point. Riku and Mickey I assume are going to be looking for Aqua and Terra, unless there's other possible keyblade wielders to search for? Kairi is one of them too, but I don't know why they didn't include her in the plot.

I guess when they said searching for the Guardians of Light they were exaggerating a bit in case people didn't pay attention at the end of Dream Drop Distance. The 3 likely members are Sora, Riku, and Mickey. Maybe the rest of the guardians are different people. Maybe they could be the descendants of the Foretellers because I know that Chi is a big connection to the war. They did also mention data, so Tron could help Sora dive into his own heart and possibly restore Roxas and Xion, and then give back Ventus's heart?

I'm not a huge theorist so I apologize if I missed anything or my lack of knowledge to something important.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Was it only speculation that Mickey knows who the 7 guardians of light may be? I think Riku and Lea were there too when they confronted Xehanort.

We are supposed to assume, based on Mickey's own count that at least these are six of seven:

Sora
Riku
Mickey
Terra
Aqua
Ventus

The seventh remains a mystery, but the secret ending of KH3D implies that Kairi is the final guardian in Mickey's count. And since they are down one without Terra, you could potentially replace him with Lea.

Mickey speculated who they were, but in this case Sora, Donald, and Goofy are searching for them.

I don't know what you mean by this? SDG aren't searching for anybody. Mickey & Riku are looking for more Keyblade Wielders. Even though seven guardians are the requirement, seven people cannot stand up against thirteen foes at once.

Ventus would basically be the only Guardian they have to look for while searching for the Key to Return Hearts (I'm guessing this will be the key to save Ventus, and maybe Roxas and Xion?).

They can't "find" Ven without Aqua being with them. Only the Master who transformed Land of Departure and created the room that houss Ventus' body can find him within Castle Oblivion. Since Aqua was that person, she is the most important person that must found first.

Riku and Mickey I assume are going to be looking for Aqua and Terra, unless there's other possible keyblade wielders to search for?

It is possible there are others. That has been implied since BBS (and even before then, but BBS was the first big in-game hint and not just Nomura saying it in interviews)

Kairi is one of them too, but I don't know why they didn't include her in the plot.

Because we are supposed to be left wondering what her status is as both a PoH and potential GoL and what kind of role she will play in KH3. Including that in the description of the plot would take away that mystery.

I guess when they said searching for the Guardians of Light they were exaggerating a bit in case people didn't pay attention at the end of Dream Drop Distance.

They've never said anything about searching for the Guardians of Light, though. They are looking for Keyblade Wielders, that is not the same as finding Guardians. Either they are looking for TAV, looking for more wielders to aid them in their fight against Xehanort, or both.

The 3 likely members are Sora, Riku, and Mickey. Maybe the rest of the guardians are different people.

There is still Kairi and Lea who can take two places if they cannot be fulfilled by TAV. It is almost guaranteed we'll get back at least Aqua, so that still makes seven.

Maybe they could be the descendants of the Foretellers because I know that Chi is a big connection to the war.

You should try to avoid bringing them into this. We don't know nearly enough about them to make any assumptions. There is no need for descendants anyways when the current Keyblade Wielders are practically the living legacy of their past actions.

They did also mention data, so Tron could help Sora dive into his own heart and possibly restore Roxas and Xion, and then give back Ventus's heart?

Think more along the lines of Re:coded. Tron would have nothing to do with this.

Nobody needs to help Sora into his heart, anyways. He is pretty good at doing that on his own.

It is more likely that Ansem's Data is about the Key to Return Hearts...

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
We are supposed to assume, based on Mickey's own count that at least these are six of seven:

Sora
Riku
Mickey
Terra
Aqua
Ventus

The seventh remains a mystery, but the secret ending of KH3D implies that Kairi is the final guardian in Mickey's count. And since they are down one without Terra, you could potentially replace him with Lea.

Yeah I know Kairi and Lea are assumed to take the spots, but how they told the plot made it confusing. They have most of the members together, but SDG have to search for the last 2? I guess they say this to keep the entire list a secret, then during the story the6y find out most of them were already destined for the role.

I don't know what you mean by this? SDG aren't searching for anybody. Mickey & Riku are looking for more Keyblade Wielders. Even though seven guardians are the requirement, seven people cannot stand up against thirteen foes at once.

Exactly. SDG doesnt need to search for the Guardians of Light if they're already present besides Ventus. Yet they said they are searching for the guardians of light while Riku and Mickey search for keyblade wielders. If they need to find more people to fight it would be more keyblade wielders, not the guardians.

They can't "find" Ven without Aqua being with them. Only the Master who transformed Land of Departure and created the room that houss Ventus' body can find him within Castle Oblivion. Since Aqua was that person, she is the most important person that must found first.

Yeah, only Aqua knows where Ventus is and can basically find him, so why cant SDG find Aqua together with Riku and Mickey? If SDG were looking for more keyblade wielders and the Key to Return hearts, and Riku and Mickey were searching for the Guardians it would make more sense because once they find Aqua, they can find Ventus. Once Sora finds the key he can return Ventus to his original state.

Because we are supposed to be left wondering what her status is as both a PoH and potential GoL and what kind of role she will play in KH3. Including that in the description of the plot would take away that mystery.
That is a very good point. I had a feeling they wouldn't mention her to keep the mystery flowing.

They've never said anything about searching for the Guardians of Light, though. They are looking for Keyblade Wielders, that is not the same as finding Guardians. Either they are looking for TAV, looking for more wielders to aid them in their fight against Xehanort, or both.

If they didn't say that then I already know who they would be looking for, but they said that SDG are searching for the guardians of light. One of the keyblade wielders Riku and Mickey will be searching for will definitely be one of the guardians. Why would they say that if Ventus is basically the only they have to search for and they cover 90% of the requirement.

You should try to avoid bringing them into this. We don't know nearly enough about them to make any assumptions. There is no need for descendants anyways when the current Keyblade Wielders are practically the living legacy of their past actions.

Sorry about that. I tend to think too deep into it. If the guardians of light are confirmed as the characters we already know then it's obvious no one knew would fit those roles. I'm assuming that they were going to confirm it in KH3 which is why they brought up trying to find them in the plot.

Think more along the lines of Re:coded. Tron would have nothing to do with this.

Nobody needs to help Sora into his heart, anyways. He is pretty good at doing that on his own.

It is more likely that Ansem's Data is about the Key to Return Hearts...

Somebody said that Tron might help out with something, but this wasn't my initial thought. I know Sora can do things on his own since the data version of himself was able to do it too.

Jgray123487

Awards
I don't know if anyone has said it but couldnt they fix Terra coming back since they are playing the time travel card? Like terranort I believe was one of the vessels(I believe ) at the end when they all xenenorts came from other parts of time terranort could of been one of them and try to get him back that way.The aftermath would be confusing tho.

Jgray123487

Awards
To add Again i believe Sora shouldnt be counted. I believe the line up would be something of the lines of:

Aqua
Kairi
Terra
Riku
Ventus
Lea
Mickey

Something has me for sure that Noruma is hiding some about him. Sora is something Unique/special about him and I dont know should at this time be considered a GoL.

Muke

whatever
Awards
No, No, No.
SDG will search for the POHs, Not the GoLs.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Why would they need to search for the PoH? They'd all be chilling in their own worlds.

"Search" is the false word. They'll gather them, I suppose. ^^
That's, what Nomura said in an Interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back