• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHII Nostalgia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Well, kiddos, this time last year, we were all running to our respective game stores to pick up Kingdom Hearts II for the first time in America. (If you're like my store, you probably got it Wednesday the 29th instead of Tuesday the 28th)

How was your KH2 experience? Would you go through all the excitement again if you could? Was March 28th, 2006 the most awesome day of your life?

LinkSlySora

For me 29th. I remember it well. I ended up beating the game kind of quickly because I was happy for getting it lol. The first day I got it i played for about 4 hrs, I stopped when I was at the Mulan world, near the beginning of it, I beat some of those missions you had to do there. lol it is weird how much i remember.

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Hehe, I that KH2 wasnt released in Europe yet when I played it, so I took advantage of my vacation trip to asia to search out the game there... and became happy that I found it and in english version ^^
I bought a ps2 slim version the same day and spendt about 10-20 hours of my asia vacation in the hotel rooms, playing the game xP Greatest vacation trip ever!
Watching the Kh2 intro movie for the first time there was also a great moment!

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
I just remember being so distracted all day at school on March 29th, knowing it was sitting in GameStop waiting for me. I drew a picture of the Twilight Town gang on my math notes, I still have it. xD After school (didn't have license yet), I was kind of bouncing up and down with my 7-year-old brother in my family room watching for my mom to come home. We raced over there, got the game, drove back, and I played for about five hours (to Hollow Bastion, right before the Bailey fight with Leon).

I just remember it was the most perfect day. It was about 75 degrees out, sunny, and my SAT prep class and theatre had been postponed, so I had the entire evening free.

Awesome day. xD

Josh

Silver Member
How was your KH2 experience? Would you go through all the excitement again if you could? Was March 28th, 2006 the most awesome day of your life?
(Mine was 28th OWN!)OMG it actually was the best day of my life! really!. I wore my kh shirt. Took pictures holding my wooden keybalde i made a week before. Looking at the poster i got off the scanner thing from wal-mart(when you leave you see those posters on the scanners well i have the big KH2 one!) and I got the last limited edition guide! I was bragging about it so much at baseball practice too that day!

Felix Chu

England..land of a thousand..somethings..
I literally got up early on the friday it came out, did whatever I needed to do then dashed to GAME.

I had a class that afternoon, so I thought it would be better to play it after my class. I broke and played it before going. After the class, I popped into the shop and stocked up on snacks and literally played it ALL EVENING.

But I have to be honest, after completing it, I was actually really disappointed by the whole game. I was so expecting a darker game, I felt KH2 was a bit too light, lighter than the first one.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
i literallly called my mom and told her to get it for me so that it'd be ready for me when i got home ......

Member XIV

March 29, 2006

I was sitting at my desk in school looking at the clock...there was only five minutes left and I was repeating Kingdom Hearts 2...Kingdom Hearts 2 over and over. The bell rang and I came home, I had already paid of everything and reserved the game so my mom went to pick it up while I was at school. I went into my room. There was the gamestop bag with KH2 inside perfectly wrapped, I teared off the plastic...popped it in and played until Yen Sid.

It was a very happy day, but not the best day of my life.
Was it worth it?
HELL YES!!!

LinkSlySora

I'm bumping up this year old topic because more people might wanna see it and post in it

2 years ago I got out of class early (I remember which class too and around which time) and I played for about 5 hours and got to the Mulan world but didn't have much of a chance to get far it in.

Last year I was posting in this topic and watching vids on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Oh my gosh, I'll never forget that day now. I forgot the day it came out ^^; That day was one of the best I've ever had. I was in 7th grade and I basically got through all my classes without any homework so I could go after school to get the game. Picked it up at GameStop and had some fruit punch (My older sis was working there at the time, and they were having a party to celebrate the release).

I was home alone and I loved the feeling of playing it while it was all sunsetty outside. I can never get that feeling again though. I can still remember the people next to me asking if they had any copies while I got mine, cause they didn't reserve. Glad I reserved mine ^^

Josh

Silver Member
Oh my gosh, I'll never forget that day now. I forgot the day it came out ^^; That day was one of the best I've ever had. I was in 7th grade and I basically got through all my classes without any homework so I could go after school to get the game. Picked it up at GameStop and had some fruit punch (My older sis was working there at the time, and they were having a party to celebrate the release).

I was home alone and I loved the feeling of playing it while it was all sunsetty outside. I can never get that feeling again though. I can still remember the people next to me asking if they had any copies while I got mine, cause they didn't reserve. Glad I reserved mine ^^

Yeah i was in the 7th grade too xD

honey.bear

Website
www.myspace.com
when i got my copy, my family couldnt pry me away from the PS2 for nothing. and i go on old threads from diff. forums and see the speculation for Deep Dive and AS/AS.. and laugh.

good times.

LinkSlySora

Okay, I guess my post was deleted or something, because my file says I never posted this, and it was back on the 49th page, just yesterday I posted it so...

3 Years ago Kingdom Hearts 2 came out in the United States. 2 Years ago Oathy made this thread. 1 year ago I brought it back to bring the disscusion back. This thread is becoming Nostalgic in and of itself, and it would be great if it could keep going after2 years :lol:

I know this is necro posting, and I know there are more recent threads on this. But I am not doing this for a +1 post count (last time i posted was this time last year :23:) or to spam, but to keep this thread running. If in fact this post must be deleted, please tell me, and I'll refrain from bringing it back.

Anyway this is my story of this, and if anyone else wishes to post their stories of it, please do :36!

3 Years ago, I left school early (thanks mom!) with the game and limited edition guide in hand, and played 5 hours and stopped not to far in Mulan's world. (I remember I beat Beast's Castle the next day too) Since november I couldn't wait for the release of this game. And for a week I was obsessed with it.

2 Years ago, when I got home I watched videos of Kingdom hearts 2 FM+ and Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM, because that was just released at the time.

1 years ago, I played KH2FM+ because I got it for the previous X-mas.

Today, soon I am going to plug in KH2FM+ for nostalgas sake!

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Well, kiddos, this time last year, we were all running to our respective game stores to pick up Kingdom Hearts II for the first time in America. (If you're like my store, you probably got it Wednesday the 29th instead of Tuesday the 28th)

Yes. Then I realized how many flaws the game had.

Overall, it was nice I guess...but not the most awesome day of my life XD;

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Lol I was SOOO excited about this the day it came out. I remember the car ride being so excruciatingly long (xD) and skipping out from the store, and then when we got in the house I was like "OKAY OKAY GUISE WE NEED TO HAVE THE LIGHTS OFF, NO TALKING, THIS HAS TO BE AS AWESOME AS POSSIBLE" and everything, lmao.

I think I got all the way to Mulan's world before finally going to bed on the first day we had it haha.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I was on Spring Break that day and had about three days left if I remember correctly. We went to Wal-mart early and they said they didn't have it. I was mad so we went to GameStop and they said to come back at 3. We went next door to the Egg Haven restaurant and ate lunch and then waited in line for about 10 minutes. I remember the lady in front of us talking about only just having woken up at 3 in the afternoon. I opened it in the car after admiring the cover and read the manual because my sisters wanted to go to Borders. When I got home I played until just after Yen Sid.

Apollo

Silver Member
It was a very exciting day. I didn't even go to school that day, and stayed up all night playing. The next day I sat in school thinking about it (I think I was at the underworld), and the moment the last bell rang, I ran home to play. So that day, and the days after were full of excitement for me.

I'm hoping to go through this again with BBS.

This bump wasn't that stupid actually. As it still applies today.

Rix

:)
Awards
I was really excited! I wasn't around the forums or anything before I bought it so I missed all the discussions and hype, and that's probably a good thing... But I was hyped over it because I loved the first gamme though.

So I remember I had school the next day and I planned too just play until I could save for the first time and then go to bed. But I ended up playing until I was in The Land of Dragons, and we do all know that it takes some hours when you're not skipping any cutscenes. I think I went to bed about 4-5 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back