• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHII more light hearted???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

magic713

Awards
OK so I finished playing KH and KHII and for some reason I had the feeling that the first Kingdom Hearts had a darker mood to it than Kingdom Hearts II. Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way? And if you know why, plz explain.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Agreed the story was alittle too happy compared to the rest in the series. I mean Sora is home and safe with Kairi. I would have preferred him and Riku stuck on the dark beach only to...
BBS spoilers

meet Ansem the Wise or Master Aqua.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I like to say that Kingdom Hearts not only have a darker storyline, but it wasn't always in your face to say "Loook at my story, gais. It's dark and have nobodies who wants hearts". Why?

It was dark in subtle ways, especially with the choice of design. The Awakening in Kingdom Hearts was scary, especially with the music. Hollow Bastion give you a sense of sadness and mistique. The End of the World definitely gives you more sadness because it consist of worlds that ended in darkness, plus it puts you quite a fear in it.

It's childish fear, but it's fear nethertheless. It was dark in subtle ways in both story and the choice of design for Kingdom Hearts, which II lacked. And sadly, I'll never see executions like this again.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
OK so I finished playing KH and KHII and for some reason I had the feeling that the first Kingdom Hearts had a darker mood to it than Kingdom Hearts II. Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way? And if you know why, plz explain.

KH1 does seem to be a bit darker than KH2. There were just too many happy moments and cutscenes, in my opinion.

LowCaloriePie

Kingdom Hearts II tried to be darker, but the confusion and naiveté of Sora
in the first game made for a darker and more compelling story.

The Kingdom Hearts II box art was WRONG!!

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me
I wouldn't really call either particularly "dark" games... KH1 was just sort of more mature with the way it handled its themes, whereas KH2 just sort of threw itself at you and expected you to take everything to have some deeper significance. KH1 had much more depth and emotional weight, KH2 just sorta... fell flat. I dunno... I can't really explain it.

A

Azrael

KHII sucked KH I's balls in terms of darkness of story.

But hey BBS is going to fix that.

Were I Nomura, I would've ended Kingdom Hearts II when Riku and Sora were stuck in the dark beach.

matt_hdo

Website
matt79.deviantart.com
mmm, sure, KHI was darker than KHII, but KHII needed a happy ending, cause all the things happened in the first plus all in CoM, plus all the Roxas deal, and that he couldnt find Riku, so I think it was deserved for the heroes of the game a little rest, dont you think??

A

Azrael

mmm, sure, KHI was darker than KHII, but KHII needed a happy ending, cause all the things happened in the first plus all in CoM, plus all the Roxas deal, and that he couldnt find Riku, so I think it was deserved for the heroes of the game a little rest, dont you think??

No. Not really. It would had been better left in a cliffhanger.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
KHII had more people dying/almost dying on screen, IMO.

Most of those 'dead' people has a 95% of returning in some form based on the hints Nomura keeps dropping us. :/

I also have to add that even after repeated playthroughs of KH1, I still have that feeling of awe and slight terror whenever I play through that game. KH1 FEELS like an epic and mysterious journey no matter how many times I play it.

KH2 however gets old fast and hardly feels epic. Plus, the 'darkness' of KH2 lies in the tragedy of the Nobodies,which is not even the real focus of KH2. Going through rehashes of Disney movie plots was the focus. And like Chrono Mizaki said, much of the darkness also boils down to atmosphere, which KH2 sorely lacked. Makes me wonder why the KH2 rating was increased and why some people call it a 'dark' story.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
Well, they were both pretty light hearted. KH has matured. But, Kingdom Hearts 1 was a bit darker.

A

Azrael

Well, they were both pretty light hearted. KH has matured. But, Kingdom Hearts 1 was a bit darker.

Plus the thing is that in Kingdom Hearts II Sora was a complete idiot while we knew the gist of the plot while in KH1 it was pretty mysterious to both the gamer and Sora.

I was screaming at the screen! "Dumb ****! Roxas is your nobody!"

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
If the story in Kingdom Hearts II was dark, then it pretty much have a unmatching character suited for the game [Sora]. If you made Kingdom Hearts II about another character, say Riku, then it would've compliment the 'dark storyline' better.

I don't know, maybe it's Sora's stupidity that annoyed me the most and really broke the mood. He literally haven't evolved since the Original in terms of personality and maturity. It's nice to be childish, but certainly not at crucial moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back