• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIAmA former administrator and long time forum goer. Ask me anything!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Hi, KHI. Let's bridge the gap a little bit.

For the newer members, allow me to reintroduce myself: I am Silh, otherwise known in some circles as Ty. I became a staff member in 2005 within a few months of joining, and slowly but surely ended up running these forum for a few years. I did not shy from controversy. These days, I simply lurk and sporadically post here and there.

Did that clear things up a bit? No? Well then, ask me anything!

You can ask me…

• for advice
  • for recommendations
  • for money
  • how to prepare for the second coming of Rep Jesus
  • anything
  • whether or not Courtney did it
  • if I'll vote for Obama in 2016
  • if I think Junior Jumble or Crossword is harder
  • what brand of cologne I wear
  • literally anything!
  • seriously
  • a n y t h i n g

D

Deleted member 36435

Re: KHIAmA former administrator of KHInsider and long time forum goer. Ask me anything!

who is ur fav gvg mod

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
Re: KHIAmA former administrator of KHInsider and long time forum goer. Ask me anything!

11410374_592143807592526_192371173_n.jpg

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

who is ur fav gvg mod
Probably Shadow Soulja because I only kept him around to make a member who didn't like him uncomfortable

Pandymint

Awards

Okay but.... ​did Courtney do it?

D

Deleted member 36435

every day is a good day when you paint

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

Okay but.... ​did Courtney do it?
Kurt had his demons, yeah. He wasn't able to conquer them, but I really don't think he killed himself. Once his daughter Francis was born, he tried to change his life for the better for her sake. He loved his daughter. Now, being raised by someone who probably murdered your father and having to growing up thinking that way about your mother is just about the most tragic thing I've ever heard.

Conveniently for Courtney, the investigation was swept under the rug much too quickly before it was able to be done thoroughly. Check out Soaked in Bleach some time. It's a pretty insightful documentary put together by the PI who did the initial investigation of Kurt's whereabouts when Courtney reported him missing, with unabashedly cheesy re-enactments done in a similar vein to Unsolved Mysteries.

Pandymint

Awards

Kurt had his demons, yeah. He wasn't able to conquer them, but I really don't think he killed himself. Once his daughter Francis was born, he tried to change his life for the better for her sake. He loved his daughter. Now, being raised by someone who probably murdered your father and having to growing up thinking that way about your mother is just about the most tragic thing I've ever heard.

Conveniently for Courtney, the investigation was swept under the rug much too quickly before it was able to be done thoroughly. Check out Soaked in Bleach some time. It's a pretty insightful documentary put together by the PI who did the initial investigation of Kurt's whereabouts when Courtney reported him missing, with unabashedly cheesy re-enactments done in a similar vein to Unsolved Mysteries.

I actually didn't really expect such a well-written answer. Thank you, nevertheless. I'm really not sure whether Kurt or Courtney did it. At the end of the day, only Kurt knew and we never will. I don't like Courtney at all though. Apparently Frances got married and didn't even invite her? Hahahaha, sucks for her.

I'll definitely have to check that out, though. I've done my fair share of reading up on Kurt, and he was way more complex than anyone would have you believe. I can't wait for that posthumous solo album to drop, because damn do I want it.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I actually didn't really expect such a well-written answer. Thank you, nevertheless. I'm really not sure whether Kurt or Courtney did it. At the end of the day, only Kurt knew and we never will. I don't like Courtney at all though. Apparently Frances got married and didn't even invite her? Hahahaha, sucks for her.

I'll definitely have to check that out, though. I've done my fair share of reading up on Kurt, and he was way more complex than anyone would have you believe. I can't wait for that posthumous solo album to drop, because damn do I want it.
To be honest, I myself wasn't expecting anyone to actually take that suggestion seriously, lol.

Frances didn't invite her to her wedding, so you know, Courtney being Courtney retorts on IG with a picture of her on a date with some dude saying she's got better places to be. Pretty tacky.

But yeah, no, Kurt definitely was. I'm getting around to Nirvana pretty late in my life but he was absolutely a huge deal. It's incredible that to this day he still has a kind of effect on people. I have very much respect for the guy.

Do you regret coming here?

and given the choice, would you do it all again?
1) Not at all. I've made great friends through here, some I even actually exchange gifts with.

2) That's hard to say. I've a bit more perspective since retiring, so if anything, if given the opportunity, the only thing I'd do is try to be less caustic.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What's the best thing you've done as a mod?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
What's the best thing you've done as a mod?
I'm nothing special. I did, however, hire an awesome team that helped stimulate the community. Shamdeo did tons of work on our face-meltingly popular RPG Inferno before it was abruptly discontinued by the developer of the plug-in. He went on to found FFN and took over the reins here when I stepped down. Taylor created and edited KHI Mailbag. (Think this thread, but in video format with each episode featuring various popular members.) Victor brought the members together and hosted the Game of the Week for the VG section. And believe it or not, the Digital Media section was thriving at one point with much credit to Corey, Jack, Dan, Ken, and others. (It's been so long since they've been on that I don't even remember their current usernames.)

Without these guys, I wouldn't have been running the most thriving KH community on the web at the time. I truly had this place at its best.

Do you like to eat Chinese-style steamed chicken feet?
I can't really say I've ever had that particular dish.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
how do you feel about the current state of KHI? I only really lurk around now, but I can't help but feel like it's not nearly the same place it was when I was more active.

why have you stuck with this community for so long? why do you think you're still (somewhat) active?

what's your favorite thing about P4?

are jorts back?

D

Deleted member 36435

you heard it here first folks
i was actually an A+ mod

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
was i or was i the best staff member you literally ever hired (at the young, impressionable, fertile age of 14)

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
how do you feel about the current state of KHI? I only really lurk around now, but I can't help but feel like it's not nearly the same place it was when I was more active.

why have you stuck with this community for so long? why do you think you're still (somewhat) active?
Oh, sup dude. I can answer all of these at once.

These days, I just don't have the time to adjust to a new community, especially now that I pay rent. Even on Tumblr, I'm not a part of a fandom; I just mostly reblog photography and graphics from shows and music I enjoy.

I like to think that I can still use KHI as a means to articulate my thoughts and my writing a bit better as well as to get the word out on the stuff that I like, but I'm apparently problematic and should be avoided, so I try not to post too much to avoid wasted efforts like this one.

But yeah, Reddit pretty much destroyed web forums. I don't care for it. I've got an account at NeoGAF but it's mostly for the Buy/Sell/Trade thread; otherwise, it's got too much activity over there to be acknowledged if you aren't a known member.

As far as how I feel about the current state of KHI, I feel that a certain popular member is egregiously obnoxious.

what's your favorite thing about P4?
Fun fact: P4 got me through a difficult time. I was in the middle of a six month probation when it first came out. I was still living with my dad, so I was forbidden from going out to prevent me from doing anything reckless. I only ever saw my friends at school.

In a series where dark and edgy was the norm, P4 maintains a lighthearted and cheery disposition the entire ride. It dips at certain points, but it was something I needed at the time. However, it's also because of how saccharine it was that Atlus was able to milk the ever-living hell out of it. It's a bit jading.

By the way, the game turned seven this year. Jesus, fjuck do I feel old.

are jorts back?
Jorts never left.

sHM3ySw.gif

was i or was i the best staff member you literally ever hired (at the young, impressionable, fertile age of 14)
Let's not get ahead of ourselves

You were ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back