• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI, you know what time it is - [Rain & Iridium - 9/1/09]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Here we have an unlikely trio - Iridium, Rain and Enchanted Rose - and all for the purpose of picking up the mantle the KHI interview committee’s special brand of ‘investigative journalism’ and probing further into some of our most prolific members’ minds.

If anyone has stacked the forum accolades (lol) it is these two. From thriving fanclubs, to multitudes rep – and respect, for that matter -, legions of friends, and much coveted positions on the staff, Iridium and Rain have managed to achieve it in a record amount of time, making them my choice for today’s interview. The fact that I am naturally inquisitive (i.e nosy) and have an ‘official reason’ to probe into people’s lives has nothing to do with it…

"What's most important to you?"
1. Being number one.
2. Friendship.
3. My prized possessions.

wait, oh shi- this won't affect my level up speed, will it? ;-;

"What do you want outta life?"
1. To see rare sights
2. To broaden my horizons
3. To be strong

I can easily say both 2 and 3, but seeing as I have to choose one, it would be 2.
The main reason for it is for the mere idea of exploration. The world can be a dangerous place, but I would love to see rare sights, natural wonders etc.

“What are you afraid of?"
1. Getting old.
2. Being different.
3. Being indecisive

what if I'll want to do something but won't go along with it. what if I'll end up forcing myself into something because I know I'm indecisive, but will regret it? the things I'll miss, and options out the window. even if I turn something down, I don't want to think about the 'what ifs'.

…YOUR INTERVIEW WILL BEGIN AT DAWN…as long as the sun is shining your experience should be a pleasant one.

Okay let’s skip the bullshit.

Alright, since we're all a little unfamiliar here, it seems like an appropriate starting point to ask if, you Iridium, could describe Rain in 10 words or less

That's hard to do, it would take much more then 10 words, even then I might go over board with it and it might come out mushy xD But I'll give it a shot.

To put it simply: Someone I can truly rely on to the fullest extent.

Awwww. Well I think you've guessed what's coming next. Rain could you describe Iridium in 10 words or less for us?

One of my best online friends ever.

Speaking of that, how do you think the other members of KHI perceive you? And perhaps more importantly, how do you want to be perceived?

How do they see me? I think most of them, at least the ones petty enough to cling to it, see me as the Kairi hater supreme. >.> there's more than enough truth to it, but it's kind of annoying when that's the first thing they think of when I get made mod - that those threads are going to the trash bin. liek, thanks for the vote of confidence much. I think that for the most part I'm kind of a respected member where I do lurk, and that's kind of what I wanna be. Perceived by what I can offer, be it long ass posts about theories, insane debates, or fanfictions. I have to say that in that aspect, I'm satisfied.

Respect is something I always wanted, that's why I came to KHI in the first place (I know I'm going to be butchered by members at KHI when they read this). The first forum I had joined was nice, but no longer fulfilled my needs so I migrated here in response. Seeing as this is the second community I joined it was easy to settle in.

And since KH was my forte I quickly gained the advantage in the KH sections. My demeanour was cynical but just friendly enough not to piss members off-- opposite in contrast to the over the top friendly attitude I harbored previously. But in time I cooled down and I became quite the popular fellow; accidentally mind you, I'm no attention whore (unless and FC counts at all).

When the whole rep thing got out of control people were basing me on the amount of rep I had rather then my intelligence, which wasn't necessarily a good thing.
However a special few saw through that and really did care about me as a person and not for what I had. Like you and Rain for example.

So it seems a good balance of cynicism and friendliness will get you places at KHI...do you think that's the secret behind being well-liked enough to win 'best new member' in last years' forum awards?

Oh well, it came down to how people saw me. Most saw me as a nice fellow who gives good advice. Actually that's what also led to my position on the staff, I'm the link between the higher ups and the middle man so to speak.

It was well deserved, but going back to the comment you made about you being the 'middle man' and serving as a kind of link...
The KHI staff seems to operate with a 'what happens in Vegas' mantra, but really, for us commoners, what's it like? Is there a lot of cohesion and solidarity, or does there tend to be more of a split?

Well the reasons why I can relate to both sides well is that most of my friends are regular members, and because of this it's easier to relate to them compared to the rest of the staff.

Not saying that there aren't some worth talking to, it's just that I feel more distant from them then I do with other members (save a few). The whole "What happens in Vegas" mentality is something that most of the staff have to abide by, but I can freely talk about certain things to other members here rather then keeping them a secret.

I do have secrets though <.<

Lol, as newer members, do you ever feel intimidated by the legacy of KHI's past - the wealth of allusions to memories and funny epsiodes from times predating you?
What do you think your 'new generation’ has to offer?

In particular, I’d like to quote TheMuffinMan who rather provocatively yet amusingly claimed of the Kingdom Hearts community.
“I'd say our future consists of insufferable impressionable man-children who have no ability to cope with life's problems at all, and couldn't relay an intelligent or coherent thought any easier than I could a kidney stone the size of the hybrid SUVs their mothers drive them to the Hot Topic in.”

I have to agree with him to be honest; excluding the Hot Topic statement xD

anonymity + a crowd = shit fest

The Legacy of KHI is something hard to get used to; even now I'm still struggling. The newer generation of forumites (Iol nerd) aren't the brightest bunch and our generation was the cause of so many radical changes of KHI. But with time there is room for improvement, things have already started working out for the better; a lot of things are in the works actually, but that's a surprise.

So, how do you find time for KHI? Rain, as I understand you have a job, and attend college also. Yet at the end of the day, you're willing to sift through increasingly ridiculously crafted theories..?

I remember how I started out in those sections, and I remember how I enjoyed it. People will laugh at this, no doubt, but I do want that place to be fun like it used to be.

That's what everyone wants really.

An admirable aspiration, I think.

And an ultimately pointless one, I think, but I do like a good Sisyphean struggle.

Perhaps a bit of a controversial question, but in order to 'research' (ahem) this interview, I had to profile stalk the both of you (as I am now coining it).
But it seems like I'm not the only one, as both your profiles have had over ten thousand views! And also, it would appear that you've both checked me out - on more than one occasion xD
So I have to ask this - do you ever find yourself figuratively eavesdropping on other people's conversations? Who are you magnetized to - that one member you've viewed their profile just a few too many times? Do you get a little creeped that so many members seem to be expressing an interest in you?

14k views. Fuck it all. O_O;;;
I... actually eavesdrop on visitor message conversations. It's more often than not conversations between two people I know and chat with, so hopefully it's not that big a deal :v I also get eavesdropped on, apparently, because people later comment on my page in regards to stuff I told other people XD; I guess it goes around.

Hmmm...sometimes I repeatedly view my own profile just so it seems that people are interested in me...
joking, of course xD

Before I had a couple of hundred views in the beginning, now it's at the 13k mark, which is really surprising o_O I'm sure people view my conversations a lot; I'm considered "KHI's confessional" because of my sociability (Damn you Karate xD).

I do look over conversations once in a while, mostly for moderation, sometimes out of interest, other times just for the lulz.... good times.

mostly for moderation" - of course

person: my puppy died ;-;
Iri: HA HA HA! *deletes*

Fortunately for those people, for the moment, your power is confined to the internet, but in your time away from KHI, what do you most like doing?

mostly? either gaming or writing. music accompanies both acts, mostly (I level up a lot so I mute the game and turn on my winamp)

I've been writing for 8 years. It's either I'm confident because I suck and don't care, or I'm at least decent so why the hell not.

Pretty much the same, but I game more then anything else. I'd write... but I don't know.

Onto the future now, any aspirations for further ahead? To ask a clichéd question, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

London *nods*
Thankfully, my work is one that lets me both work wherever I want, and has positions that will send me abroad while still being stationed here.

Oh for the long term goals, I just want to get the hell out of Jersey.
One place I wanted to go was Washington State. Have a friend there <3 and on top of that I wouldn't mind getting away from this place to go to College. In terms of money it's not a realistic goal, but I'd like to make it there some day.

And finally, is there anything either of you want to say to your fans...or haters (if they exist somewhere out there)?

To my fans: come to my fc =P lawl. seriously though, I love them. attention whoring aside, there're good people on the forums and they're why I stayed for this year.
to my haters: well up yours! D=<

The fans: I don't know how I put up with you :L I kid of course. Really, KHI is good people. I'm surprised how a lot of you have welcomed me with open arms rather then cold stares. Glad to be a part of the community.
The haters: Even though we see things differently that's just life. Not everyone is going to get along nor will everyone agree with each others opinions all of the time. Point is, you may hate me, and I may hate you, but I'm here and you'll just have to deal with me and my BS; just keep things civil and we won't have problems.

Last edited:
Awards
Re: KHI, you know what time it is - [Rain & Iridium - 9/1/09] (or at least half of it

doesn't this belong in fanclubs

and by fanclubs I mean the trash bin

and by the trash bin I mean on KHV

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Re: KHI, you know what time it is - [Rain & Iridium - 9/1/09] (or at least half of it

doesn't this belong in fanclubs

and by fanclubs I mean the trash bin

and by the trash bin I mean on KHV

What aspects in particular?

I'm not very acquainted about KHV.

Awards
julio_iglesias.jpg

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Some of the answers seemed color swapped.

like some resonses in red sounded like Iridium would have said them
and some in green sounded like rain would have said them.

ER, am I mistaken here?

Endgame

:D
You guys have too many friends.

I'm gonna start disliking you both on princple.

Hey up yours too.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
this interview sucked and everybody involved should feel bad about themselves

Not necessarily. I know this didn't cater to a lot of people on KHI, but I was under the impression that these interviews were meant to involve, and be for, everyone on this forum. So okay, no banter and especially lacking in your type of humour, but I'm not doing this to gratify you.

In the time that you've been making these posts, and apparently finding increasingly novel ways to make what is essentially the same point, surely you could have whipped up a great interview.

For those of you that think you can do better - you most probably can, so go do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back