• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writing Contest! [Ends September 1st!]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Are you guys Ready? All Fired up to compete this year?

This is the Blazing Summer Writing Contest!

• Detective/Murder Mystery
  • Alternate Universe/ Timey Whimey
  • He said, She said
  • 1,000 Words
  • HISHE
  • Witches, Wizards and Fire Breathing Dragons! Oh my!
  • Princess & Prince Syndrome/ Fluff
  • Bonds of Friendship
  • Choose your Item!
  • Survival/Apocalypse
  • KHIII
  • Only One Day to Live!
  • 20 minutes or less
  • Character of the Day

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

[New Rules & Information]

1. Original Characters and Stories are allowed!
  2. Please keep it PG-13. Remember there are kids lurking about on this site.
  3. Doesn't have to be straight pairings.
  4. You can win exclusive awards if you fill in the quota!
  5. Some swearing is allowed. Just don't over do it.
  6. Canon or non-canon is fine.
  7. You have until TBA to complete any of the challenges above.
  8. If you have questions, please list them below or PM me.
  9. Some of the Challenges will require a writing partner.
  10. No limit to the amount of challenges you can do. [If you write all of them or do more than the same story challenge, you must make a new thread for it.]
  11. All challenges must be NEW stories.
  12. You can have a VS Challenge with anyone that signs up for this too!

[How to Win Awards]

• You have to fulfill at least three of the story challenges above.
  • If you want to win all of the awards, you must complete all of the story challenges above.
  • The exclusive Shippers Award will be available only for the Fluff story challenge.
  • The exclusive Character of the Week Award can be won through Character of the Day story challenge.
  • The exclusive Partner's Award will be for whichever challenge requires a partner.
  • Not everyone will win an award. There will be a voting thread for fellow members of the forum to vote on.
  • And whoever does the most story challenges can win any award listed below they want. *Unless someone achieves the same amount and then you'll either have to try to out do them or hope the votes are in your favor.

[Awards]

partners.jpg
ship.jpg

starvingartist.png
bookwyrm.png

cotw.jpg
risingstar.png

-------------

Have fun everybody!

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Can we write original stories or is it limited to just fanfic?

You can write original stories for all of these story challenges! :D The KHIII challenge can also count and I'll allow original characters to be used in it too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm going to have a thread for my own completed challenges...but I did this so...

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
@Ethy: Kay, Kay. I like your 20mins or less challenge! I'm not sure I know what it's like to have loss before, but it does kind of hit right in the feelz. I do feel bad for the MC, but I imagine someday he/she will have to accept their loss and carry on without her. Definitely a fun read. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thanks KitKat! =D

Loss is hard, especially when you never realize how important somebody is to you until you drift apart or lose them forever. I do hope that you never have to deal with it :c

I wish I could have conveyed more in it because the concrete buildings were meant to represent the intricate friendship/love built...oh well. Not much you can do in 20 min but I had fun~

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Cheezus rice Spock I just diddlying woke up and you already knocked out a challenge D:

I'M SO EXCITED! Such memories from last year! I too shall make my own thread for my stories while also posting them here. Gonna be a bit quiet this weekend though: its Colossalcon the 4-day convention and my pals are expecting me to join them. Probably for my money ^_^' Maybe I can write about it!

Consider all the challenges accepted. There's some awards I need to win, still ;3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Cheezus rice Spock I just diddlying woke up and you already knocked out a challenge D:

xD Sorry I just felt like if I didn't start now, I'd only get one story done like last year :c

I'M SO EXCITED! Such memories from last year! I too shall make my own thread for my stories while also posting them here. Gonna be a bit quiet this weekend though: its Colossalcon the 4-day convention and my pals are expecting me to join them. Probably for my money ^_^' Maybe I can write about it!

Consider all the challenges accepted. There's some awards I need to win, still ;3

Have fun at Colossalcon! =D AND GOOD LUCK WRITING <3

ChibiHearts249

Awards
xD Sorry I just felt like if I didn't start now, I'd only get one story done like last year :c

Oh, diddly you Spock: you've got till the 31st ya friggin tart XD If you don't finish more than one story I'll personally handle your epitaph >:3

Have fun at Colossalcon! =D AND GOOD LUCK WRITING <3
I'll try what with everything that's going on. And you, too! I'll hafta drop by your thread and read the *coughbagillion* stories you'll be writing for us~

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
challenges must be NEW stories
Does this mean I can't just cheese my challenges by writing CLASSIC like I did last year? Or does this just mean I actually have to write something new for this instead of posting something I already wrote before?

I'm probably not going to do all the challenges this time around though.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Does this mean I can't just cheese my challenges by writing CLASSIC like I did last year? Or does this just mean I actually have to write something new for this instead of posting something I already wrote before?

I'm probably not going to do all the challenges this time around though.

I figured you probably wouldn't do all of them this year. lol. I might try to though. *u*

Yes, you have to write something new. If it's something new you wrote for CLASSIC, it can count. If it's something you posted before, then it doesn't count.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I am totes gonna take part in this. I feel like I've been neglecting my writing as of late, so these challenges are quite a sight for sore eyes. I actually started writing something for the 20 minutes or less but I surpassed the time and it began to turn into something else than I originally had planned so... oops.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I am totes gonna take part in this. I feel like I've been neglecting my writing as of late, so these challenges are quite a sight for sore eyes. I actually started writing something for the 20 minutes or less but I surpassed the time and it began to turn into something else than I originally had planned so... oops.

Happy to have you aboard, Lonbilly! C: Long as you wrote it for 20 minutes or less, it can still count. It's not like I'm going to be able to tell where you stopped and kept going. lol.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
It can be a 1,000 words or less. C:
OH THANK GOD- Er, I mean: Ok then I've got one done~

1,000 Words Story
644 words
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Head on over to my thread here if you'd like to see my little bio on this story ^_^

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
@Chibi: Your 1,000 words story is awesome. I love the concept of tattoos being much more magical than simply ink on skin. <3 Truly inspiring and imaginative to say the least! Also, I like how you pointed out the mother was typing on her phone and not paying attention. Very realistic in this modern day and age. :) (And thank you for providing how many words were in it as well.)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Wow, is it really that time of year again already? I can't believe it's been a year since the last summer challenges. I'm pretty excited for this, it's a good way to get the creative juices flowing again. I like some of the new challenges as well (He said/She said, sounds like something I've written with a certain someone before, hahaha).

Like CD, I don't know if I'll hand in an entry for every challenge this year. I've been working a lot more this summer, and I remember last summer being hectic trying to get all of the entries in. Kudos to anyone willing to try though! I'm looking forward to everything everyone comes up with this time around and seeing how everyone has grown as writers.

Also, I'll just shamelessly leave this here... (last year's entries)

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Happy to have you aboard, Lonbilly! C: Long as you wrote it for 20 minutes or less, it can still count. It's not like I'm going to be able to tell where you stopped and kept going. lol.

Lol I think I'm actually gonna use it for the Detective/Murder Mystery entry instead, and do a different one for the 20 minutes or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back