• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writing Contest! [Ends September 1st!]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, I'm going to say this right here, right now. This one sucked. HARD. Here's the original, here's my version, here's a song to go with mine, and here's some tissues. Hope it works for you as much as it hated me.

Click for Music

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here's another one, this time not from the same universe as the previous stories. Instead it's from the universe of Assassin's Creed, to be specific AC3.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know that ending is super idealistic, but I still think they could have patched things up and gotten along if things had gone differently somewhere along the lines.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~----------~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'll see about having the second part up sometime during the week, along with possibly my character of the day. It all depends on how much of an easy time I have on getting the writing done.

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I swear, the next one is gonna be happier. Not sure how close this one came to what I wanted it to be, but I think you get the idea, and I hope you can still enjoy it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

For any Brent Weeks fans on here, no, it's not set in his Night Angel universe. It's mine.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but my power was out. But I'm back.

Welcome back, InnerPeace. :D Don't worry about it and there's still plenty of time to write or to hang out here on the forum. You're good~

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
And here's a couple more for you guys. I think this one actually is happier; at the very least, it's not as depressing. Might have got a bit rambly, though. It kinda ties in with Skitty's KH3 fic a little bit; you gave me the idea, Kit Kat, so thanks!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this pairing. Sorry if it ever feels like I'm shoving them down your throats or that I'm mangling personalities to suite my own purposes.

And here's my item story. Kinda weird toward the end, a little twisted, but I hope you like it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

EDIT:

Okay, and here's the first part of my murder mystery. Yesh, it is murder, despite the way it starts off. I'll see what I can do about getting the next part up over the weekend, but since I've got work, we'll see what happens.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Quick question about the Character of the Day challenge. Is it us just explaining why we like a certain character, or are we writing a story about why we like this character? This is about the only challenge I'm kinda confused on.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Eternal Dream said:
Quick question about the Character of the Day challenge. Is it us just explaining why we like a certain character, or are we writing a story about why we like this character? This is about the only challenge I'm kinda confused on.

Either one is acceptable. :D Sorry for the confusion.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Okay, thanks. Expect another story with Toothless before the month's out!

And this is the second part for my murder mystery. It turned out kinda different than I intended; Cyrus didn't get hurt, for one thing. Anyway, hope you like it, and I'm gonna try to have my fantasy up before the week's out.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Sorry about the double post.

Man, this one changed like three or four times before I finally finished it. I guess I just really wanted to write this from Raph's point of view. Another one that kinda sucks, in some ways.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And quick question. Skitty, Lunar, and I were planning to team up again for the partners story. Is it okay if we did it as a three shot? Whatever the answer, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm still trying to do this, btw XD
I'm not putting it off, I've just been storing things elsewhere as I pick at them. Been working a lot lately, and tonight I was filming and editing my first vlog so I'm pretty nervous. Having trouble thinking at the moment.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Eternal Dream said:
And quick question. Skitty, Lunar, and I were planning to team up again for the partners story. Is it okay if we did it as a three shot? Whatever the answer, thanks in advance.

Of course! Go for it! :D

@Chibi: Best of luck with your first video! And it's okay! We get busy with all sorts of things; so no worries. If you post anything else, I look forward to it and if not, then no trouble at all. ;3

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Alright, so I've been working on this on and off for far too long, and I'm under the impression that a writer never really finishes their work, they just have deadlines. If I don't stop myself, I'll miss the deadline for this.

So I'm posting the first part. I've created a second scene that continues it, and I still haven't decided on a good solid title, but I'd like to post it and go back to it later if possible.

This is an entry for Character of the Day. The character I wanted to focus on was Vivi, primarily in the universe of Kingdom Hearts as he didn't really have any spotlight on him that I felt he deserved. So I wrote up a scene I felt made him feel a little more important. At the very least, I wanted to give him purpose, much like the Final Fantasy VII and VIII characters have.

anyways here i'mma shut up and let you read and give me all the crap and critique away.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

so ye

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Vivi - Character of the Day

I really enjoyed reading this and the way it ended on such a adorable note. Vivi is a good kid. Sora feels like a big brother by trying to boost his confidence or letting him tag along with them. They make a good combination and the chemistry speaks legions for itself. C: Donald amuses me to no end because of the way he attacks everything resembling a heartless. Reminds me of KH1. Good job overall, Annoyance.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Question --

For an entry could we write something from an existing story/characters of ours so long as the story itself is all new writing? For example I have a fanfiction series and I had an idea for scene much later in the series that would work perfectly for one of the entries but I haven't actually written any of it yet. Would that be permissible or does it have to be completely new writing, not even working off existing ideas/characters/etc?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Vivi - Character of the Day

I really enjoyed reading this and the way it ended on such a adorable note. Vivi is a good kid. Sora feels like a big brother by trying to boost his confidence or letting him tag along with them. They make a good combination and the chemistry speaks legions for itself. C: Donald amuses me to no end because of the way he attacks everything resembling a heartless. Reminds me of KH1. Good job overall, Annoyance.

I'm so glad you liked it! I really wanted to try to emulate Sora while reflecting on the relationship Zidane had with him. Zidane and Sora are kind of similar in that aspect.

Donald I'm not going to lie was a lot of fun to write, and I tried my best to show the dynamic of the crew, including Jiminy, who I feel even the game forgets he's there a lot of the time.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Question --

For an entry could we write something from an existing story/characters of ours so long as the story itself is all new writing? For example I have a fanfiction series and I had an idea for scene much later in the series that would work perfectly for one of the entries but I haven't actually written any of it yet. Would that be permissible or does it have to be completely new writing, not even working off existing ideas/characters/etc?

YES YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU HAVE MY BLESSING! XD

Annoyance said:
I'm so glad you liked it! I really wanted to try to emulate Sora while reflecting on the relationship Zidane had with him. Zidane and Sora are kind of similar in that aspect.

Donald I'm not going to lie was a lot of fun to write, and I tried my best to show the dynamic of the crew, including Jiminy, who I feel even the game forgets he's there a lot of the time.

You definitely showed that with Sora. If I were to play Dissidia again, I'd probably see the similarities between the two.

Now that you mention it, I'm really impressed you gave everyone within the crew a role! Jiminy definitely doesn't get as much screen time as he does in KH:ReCoM. Overall, I'm happy you enjoyed writing it and Donald a lot too. :D

---

Important Note:

Do you guys feel like the contest should be extended further instead of ending on July 31st? Somebody brought it to my attention about it and thought it was a weird date to end it on. I know a few of you have been shooting out as many entries as possible to make the time crunch. So, I'd like to hear what the rest of you think about it. :3

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
I'd be okay with an extension. I've got just a couple more I want to write, but school and work make it a little hard to find the time sometimes, and the one I'm writing right now is difficult because the characters don't want to stay pinned down.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So to my understanding, it's alright to make a focused thread for our entries? I'd like to get more feedback on it since this is the first thing I've posted in... God maybe 5 years.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
So to my understanding, it's alright to make a focused thread for our entries? I'd like to get more feedback on it since this is the first thing I've posted in... God maybe 5 years.

Of course! Everyone else has made threads for their own entries by now. So go for it. =D

@Dream: Then I'll probably extend the date and sent out PM's to hear what others think as well. Thanks for letting me know what you think about it!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The verdict is in: I'll be extending the end date on this contest to September 1st. Which I find reasonable enough because, it gives all of you an extra month to get entries out. And some time off writing before the next seasonal writing events start; such as Halloween Contest or NaNoWriMo. Hard to believe how fast the year has gone by already, huh? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back