• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writing Contest! [Ends September 1st!]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
We aren't challenging people again this year, are we? I just realized that. Now I don't know which to write.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
We aren't challenging people again this year, are we? I just realized that. Now I don't know which to write.

I almost added that element this year, but changed my mind because I wanted it to be a little different this year. If you want to be challenged, it's still an option and I'm sure somebody will tell ya what one to do. C: How about... Choose your Item! story challenge?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I almost added that element this year, but changed my mind because I wanted it to be a little different this year. If you want to be challenged, it's still an option and I'm sure somebody will tell ya what one to do. C: How about... Choose your Item! story challenge?

Challenge accepted! And the cogs are turning, thanks Princess Sugar Cookie!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
:v I might have something, maybe for the character of the day, because I've been itching to rewrite the scene [or lack of a scene] from KHII where the gang meets Vivi, because there's so much missed potential in such a great character and the dynamic of the crew.

I may need help with it before posting, so if someone wants to just read it through and be like "no but this happened" i'd appreciate it because it's been a dog's age since I got that far in KHII.

I'm not necessarily following a direct prompt, though, because I've been wanting to write this before the contest was even announced, this is just pushing me to do it, and I'm applying the story where it may follow. I hope this is okay, I'm kind of using it as an excuse to write. I haven't posted anything I've been writing at all other than my non-fiction memories on a hidden blog.

edit: rough draft is done.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
:v I might have something, maybe for the character of the day, because I've been itching to rewrite the scene [or lack of a scene] from KHII where the gang meets Vivi, because there's so much missed potential in such a great character and the dynamic of the crew.

I may need help with it before posting, so if someone wants to just read it through and be like "no but this happened" i'd appreciate it because it's been a dog's age since I got that far in KHII.

I'm not necessarily following a direct prompt, though, because I've been wanting to write this before the contest was even announced, this is just pushing me to do it, and I'm applying the story where it may follow. I hope this is okay, I'm kind of using it as an excuse to write. I haven't posted anything I've been writing at all other than my non-fiction memories on a hidden blog.

edit: rough draft is done.

It's okay if you want to enter it or anything else you have written up for the contest, Annoyance. :3 I really would like to help, but I haven't touched KHII since a few weeks after Christmas. As a result, my memory is fuzzy and I'm not really sure I could be of much use, since I sadly didn't get that far in KHII either. But I'd be okay reading the rough draft, if you wanted feedback on it? Otherwise, hopefully somebody here or a friend on the forum might be able to help you, if you know anybody that's played KHII recently?

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's okay if you want to enter it or anything else you have written up for the contest, Annoyance. :3 I really would like to help, but I haven't touched KHII since a few weeks after Christmas. As a result, my memory is fuzzy and I'm not really sure I could be of much use, since I sadly didn't get that far in KHII either. But I'd be okay reading the rough draft, if you wanted feedback on it? Otherwise, hopefully somebody here or a friend on the forum might be able to help you, if you know anybody that's played KHII recently?

I would love some feedback! I have some that raised a great point so I may edit it up in a bit and email it to you can you pm that to me

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Quick question for the item story, does the character have to have the item all the time or could it be a case of the character I'd working toward an item? Because I suddenly got this idea of two characters trying to make their way to the refrigerator to get a turkey it so they can cook it in a bit of a comic fashion.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Quick question for the item story, does the character have to have the item all the time or could it be a case of the character I'd working toward an item? Because I suddenly got this idea of two characters trying to make their way to the refrigerator to get a turkey it so they can cook it in a bit of a comic fashion.

Yes, you can do that as well. C:

I'll try to get to everyone else's story challenges tomorrow.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Here's part 2!

Alternate Universe/Timey Wimey
Two-Shot
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hey KK, can we have a list of links to folk's stories on the front page? Since most have their own threads anyway. Regardless, I'm personally most likely to read a story if it's posted here right now! I like to check this stuff out on my phone while I'm at work, so it's good to have things in one place even if it's messy! ^_^

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
;A; I haven't had a single moment to rewrite my entry I am cry new job has me so busy.
Oh btw I got a new job I am the freshest of maids.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Chibi said:
Hey KK, can we have a list of links to folk's stories on the front page? Since most have their own threads anyway. Regardless, I'm personally most likely to read a story if it's posted here right now! I like to check this stuff out on my phone while I'm at work, so it's good to have things in one place even if it's messy! ^_^

It'll be on the front page and on my second opening post. Therefore, I linked everybody that's been doing the challenges and if I missed anybody, please let me know!

;A; I haven't had a single moment to rewrite my entry I am cry new job has me so busy.
Oh btw I got a new job I am the freshest of maids.

That's great you got a new job! Congrats! C:
It's alright! You've got lots of time to enter something if you still wish to. So no worries! And if you can't then it's okay, cause real life stuff is really important!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Working on my HISHE right now, and so far, it really sucks in my opinion 'cause it's a total downer. I really need to try and write something happy after this one, otherwise I might have to check myself into therapy. But for now, here's the ones I have done so far for those that prefer to check the main thread for whatever understandable reason.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

And it you want to look up the songs, here's the artists.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's a bit of a weird mix-up of rock and country, but it's what I grew up on, so I guess that's what they got influenced by.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So yeah, sorry about the massive story dump, but I hope it works out for you guys. Anyway, HISHE with How to Train Your Dragon 2. This is gonna hurt...

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Ok, I was thinking of the CotD challenge and I think I picked someone. Is it alright if I use another character in this universe and have them simply talk about how much they admire this someone? Like they're proving to the audience why this person is the best?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ok, I was thinking of the CotD challenge and I think I picked someone. Is it alright if I use another character in this universe and have them simply talk about how much they admire this someone? Like they're proving to the audience why this person is the best?

Absolutely! :D It's up to you and your own imagination on how CotD goes!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
I apologize for the massive story dump, but this is to for those that are checking out the main thread for their own reason, which is rather understandable.

Kingdom Spirits:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Assassin’s Creed:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know that ending is super idealistic, but I still think they could have patched things up and gotten along if things had gone differently somewhere along the lines.

Kingdom Hearts III:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

~--------~

Spirits of the Divine stuff:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Note: This actually happened the other day with me and Dream, but the only difference is that the garage didn't collapse and we don't play hosts to anything. *obviously on that last one* Also the reason for the garage collapsing, Set (the Egyptian god of storms and chaos) started sulking because Seth and Aiden had gotten the turkey so he destroyed the garage.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Okay, I think the next up on the list for me is the survival/apocalypse one. Not too sure how the detective story turned out, I get the feeling it turned out a lot better in my head then it turned out here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back