• As we all know, this is a forum for Kingdom Hearts. Even so, if anybody posts spoilers for Endgame anywhere on this site without spoiler tags, you will be banned. If you change your avatar to something related to Endgame, you will be banned. If you put something in your signature, send a message to somebody that is visibly seen, or share spoilers with somebody who does not wish to see them, you will be banned.

KHI: Ultimate Summer Writing Challenge!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Never See Me Coming!
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
Are you bored? Let's do something about it!

This is the Ultimate Summer Writing Challenge!

[Challenges to Choose from]

• Write it better/HISHE [one-shot]
  • A 10 minute story [one-shot]
  • 4th of July Theme Story [one-shot or two shot]
  • Cross over [one-shot or two shot]
  • 200 words or less
  • A horror story [two-shot or one-shot]
  • A song story [one-shot]
  • A survival/apocalypse story [one-shot]
  • A friendship story [one-shot or two shot]
  • A multi universe story [one-shot]
  • A three day challenge [three shot]
  • A fluffy story [one-shot or two-shot]
  • A fantasy story [one-shot or two shot or other]

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Original Characters are ALLOWED in all of the Challenges! Except for the Multi-Universe Challenge.

[Awards]

[Rules & Information]

1. [*=left]You can challenge fellow writers to write something of your choosing!
    [*=left]You can have a VS. Challenge! [You compete to write the same challenge against each other.]
    [*=left]You can win exclusive awards if you fill in the quota.
    [*=left]You have until August 1st to complete any of the following challenges above!
    [*=left]Some swearing is allowed. Just don't go over the top guys. Please keep it mostly clean. Like two or three swear words are okay.
    [*=left]Please keep it PG13. If its a Mature story then there can't be any sexual themes to it. [No sex.] Remember, there are kids roaming about this site!
    [*=left]If fellow challengers don't accept the challenge then its no big deal.
    [*=left]Can be canon or non-canon.
    [*=left]You can do as many of these challenges as you want to do.
    [*=left]Please write in English.
    [*=left]If you put your name in the challengers box, you are responsible to fulfill at least one challenge; someone has requested of you.
    [*=left]You can take the personal challenge yourself without being challenged by anyone.
    [*=left]If you have questions, please leave them below. Or if you have any suggestions or challenge ideas, please list them below! :D

[How To Win Awards]

• You have to fulfill at least three challenges to be nominated by forum members to qualify for an award suited best for you.
  • If you want to be the ultimate winner of this challenge, you can do all of the challenges above and win all of the awards! [No nomination thread required.]
  • The exclusive Shippers award can only be won in a fluffy one-shot. One-shot can be original or canon.
  • Not everyone will win an award. There will be a poll to decide which writer should be nominated for said award.

Side Note: Have fun with this challenge! Discuss and start writing! I'll try to answer any questions as soon as possible tomorrow or later in the evening! :3

EDIT! Should you choose to write more than the requirement of a one-shot, I'd advise you to make a separate thread for it. I also want you guys to post your story challenges in a separate thread. [Which I'll be posting up shortly.]

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Add me to the challenge block as well, this sounds like it will be really fun.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
  • Character of the Week
  • Quack Attack
I'm confused. Is the challenge just to write the story, or is there some element of competition to it, e.g. CD-Man challenges me to "Write it better" and we both have to produce a one-shot? Sorry if I'm just not reading the OP clearly.

KingdomKey

Never See Me Coming!
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
I'm confused. Is the challenge just to write the story, or is there some element of competition to it, e.g. CD-Man challenges me to "Write it better" and we both have to produce a one-shot? Sorry if I'm just not reading the OP clearly.
Here:

If CD-Man challenges you to "Write it Better" then that means only you have to write it. However, you have the option of choosing to accept or deny said challenge. [You can stay in the Challengers Box, if there's a challenge you don't like. BUT the point is to also step out of your comfort zone too. There may be a limit
to how many times you can deny a challenge before you're booted from the box.]

What the Challenger Box Entails

* If you're listed in the box, and somebody/anybody challenges you to do one of the challenges above, you're required to do it.

* If you can't do the challenge for whatever reason may it be, then I'll remove you from the box.

* If you don't like the challenge, then you can wait for another challenge to pop up. BUT you can only do this three times!

* You can challenge each other to do a vs. challenge. For ex. CD-Man challenges you to "Write it Better" against him and you both have to write it. Then there can be a poll for it to choose whose's "Write it Better" story was better.

* Those whom are challenged may end up having special demands from those who've challenged them. For ex. CD-Man challenged Max to write a cross over of two universes of his choosing. Thus, I have approved of this. If you don't like it, you don't have to do the demand itself. Long as you do the challenge, you're still qualified.

Hopefully this helps you out, Hidden. :3

Double Edit! Please check this out again folks. Its important!

Last edited:

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
  • Vulpes Union
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • This is Halloween
  • Character of the Week
Quick question for the three day challenge. Is it canon characters, like from Kingdom Hearts, Bleach, FMA, that kinda thing? Or can these be favorite OCs? Whatever the case, sign me up. And also, what does the "Write it Better" challenge mean, just for clarification? I've got some self imposed challenges involving deadlines that I'd like to do, and some characters for stories I'd like to develop, so count me in! *and of course, being the over achiever that she is, she HAS to aim for getting a piece up in each category, doesn't she?*

P.S. Exclusive shippers award. Just what does that mean for an OC pairing? Again, curiosity.

P.P.S. Can the 200 word story be a canon scene from a different angle? *suddenly has a really cute idea in her head*

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]
  • Rising Star
  • Crafty Soul
  • Writer of Writers
  • Shipper
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
Hmm,count me in.Seems fun.Haven't written anything in a while.

KingdomKey

Never See Me Coming!
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
Quick question for the three day challenge. Is it canon characters, like from Kingdom Hearts, Bleach, FMA, that kinda thing? Or can these be favorite OCs?
It can be canon or non-canon. So yes, you can have OCs in it.

[QUOTEWhatever the case, sign me up. And also, what does the "Write it Better" challenge mean, just for clarification?[/QUOTE]

I updated the description of it above. ;3

I've got some self imposed challenges involving deadlines that I'd like to do, and some characters for stories I'd like to develop, so count me in! *and of course, being the over achiever that she is, she HAS to aim for getting a piece up in each category, doesn't she?*
Does this mean, you'd want to be entered into the Challengers Box? :3 Glad to have you aboard on this!

P.S. Exclusive shippers award. Just what does that mean for an OC pairing? Again, curiosity.
It means you write about your favorite couple or a pair of characters you want to fall in love. OR you have the option to break up a couple too. Originally the shippers award was for shipping two canon characters together. BUT I had allowed there to be original characters put together. Sooo...if you choose to put Lily and Riku together its perfectly fine.

P.P.S. Can the 200 word story be a canon scene from a different angle? *suddenly has a really cute idea in her head*
Yes. It can be canon or non-canon. You can write it however you want within that word limit. ;3

Hmm, count me in. Seems fun. Haven't written anything in a while.
Awesome. Should I put you into the Challengers Box too?

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
  • Quack Attack
  • Rising Star
  • Keyblade Master
Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

*an infinity later*

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sure, sign me up, I'll give it a shot.

KingdomKey

Never See Me Coming!
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
Yes, you can put me in the challenger box. And one last question. Do you have to write the story after you've been challenged; or can it be something that you've already finished?
You can have it be something you've already finished or decided to do on your own, and it'd still count. :3

EDIT: I added you into the Challengers Box, Ruran. Its in here: Challengers Stories Go Here!

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
It's ironic that I've had both a song story idea and a survival one flowing through my head lately.

Also, I think that I just got inspiration for a 4th of July story as well that might be pretty unique. I need to think of ideas for as many of these challenges as I can so that I at least have a little something prepared in case I get challenged, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT GET CHALLENGED TO DO!!!! *paranoia strikes*

KHRULER

Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]
  • Rising Star
  • Crafty Soul
  • Writer of Writers
  • Shipper
So do we post the stories on our own board or on here or some other board you have set up for us?

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
So do we post the stories on our own board or on here or some other board you have set up for us?
You can post them here, or create your own thread to keep all of your challenge stories in.

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
Hmmm, who should I challenge? I wonder~

CD-Man.

I challenge you to write a friendship story!

KHRULER

Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts χ[chi]
  • Rising Star
  • Crafty Soul
  • Writer of Writers
  • Shipper
This should be interesting.Ha,don't challenge me to a song story anyone,you'll lose for sure.xD

KingdomKey

Never See Me Coming!
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
Just to point out, you can write about something other than human beings. It can be pokemon and whatever suits your fancy. :3 I thought about adding that to the op but, its gotten to long.

Cassette-Disk

Monotone/Colorful
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Character of the Week
  • Alter Ego
Hmmm, who should I challenge? I wonder~

CD-Man.

I challenge you to write a friendship story!
Well... Fine. But only if you write a Crossover story because I don't think I've seen you do any fan fiction yet. Muhahaha.

KHRuler, I'm handing a challenge to you as well. I don't know you very well, I'm going on a hunch that Horror isn't something you write often. I might be wrong, but there's your challenge.

Also, a question for the Sweet Tooth: Can we make a challenge more focused? For example could I have challenged Max to write a crossover between two series of my choosing, within reason and assuming he has the knowledge of the two series?

Status
Not open for further replies.