• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI presents a Halloween Writing Contest!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
halloween_ghosts_duo_1.png

HALLOWEEN is approaching fast around the corner with jack-o-lanterns, ghosts and zombies leading the way. So, its time to show off those spooky stories, filled with promises of candy and pranks. Where things go bump in the night, testing your skills in bravery, and have you get down with Oogie Boogie. We at KHInsider want to read it and celebrate the holiday together with you!

Here are the requirements for this contest:

*The entry MUST be Halloween themed.
*The entry isn't required to be Kingdom Hearts related.
*The entry can range from Fluff to Horror. Nothing past PG-13 content, please. This is a Kingdom Hearts site that has kids viewing it.
*You can enter once in each of the following entries: Poetry, Freestyle Rap, Short Stories. *All entries will be judged by your fellow members, please do not make another account or ask friends to sign up to vote on your entry, because, this is unfair and will result in severe consequences.
*The prize for the lucky recipient will be two awards, (Book Wrym and Rising Star) and having their entry shown off on the main site for everyone to see!

*Entries/Submissions must be in by Nov. 6th.
*Voting lasts through Nov. 7th-10th.
*Winner is annouced on Nov. 10th.

To submit your entries, please feel free to send a PM to Myself and Taochan.

Good luck with your entries and have fun!

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Whoa, a contest, and on writing at that! You can count me in, KitKat. This should be a good restart for me after my months-long hiatus from writing.

A question, though: is there any limit on how long the entries can be?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Whoa, a contest, and on writing at that! You can count me in, KitKat. This should be a good restart for me after my months-long hiatus from writing.

A question, though: is there any limit on how long the entries can be?

I'm happy to hear you're aboard on this, Flanix!

Nope, there isn't a limit on how long the entry should be. C:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks for the clarification! And I assume that the submission period is anytime before the 27th, right?

It's time to hit the keyboard and type away... this is going to be fun. Let's give it our all, and may the best writer wins. :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Thanks for the clarification! And I assume that the submission period is anytime before the 27th, right?

It's time to hit the keyboard and type away... this is going to be fun. Let's give it our all, and may the best writer wins. :D

You're welcome. ;)

Yes, any submissions before the 27th is good.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it's Kingdom Hearts-related, can original characters be involved? (i've been meaning to write a drabble for my fic and this might give me the encouragement to write it <.<;; *whistles*) If so, count me in! c:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
If it's Kingdom Hearts-related, can original characters be involved? (i've been meaning to write a drabble for my fic and this might give me the encouragement to write it <.<;; *whistles*) If so, count me in! c:

Of course, you can have original characters involved in it if its, Kingdom Hearts-related or related to anything else you may happen to like. ;D(I hope it inspires and encourages you to write more! And help you get those creative ideas going.)

Last edited:

Zven

I'm gonna be busy this month but I'll try to find time for this, I'd like to participate.

Good luck everyone!.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm gonna be busy this month but I'll try to find time for this, I'd like to participate.

Good luck everyone!.

Cool! I hope you find time to submit an entry, Zven.

Its fantastic, seeing everyone wanting to participate in this contest. Gets me all fired up and excited. xD

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
A contest? Pretty neat idea. But my problem is that I can't post paragraphs. Even if I hit "enter", when I post it, it acts as if I haven't. :/

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
A contest? Pretty neat idea. But my problem is that I can't post paragraphs. Even if I hit "enter", when I post it, it acts as if I haven't. :/

Why not submit something anyhow? You just need someone to edit your work; creating the paragraphs of your entry for you. :3

Xblade13

Awards
I thought it would be rude to ask, seeing as it would be a bit of extra work compared to other entries. So to enter I have to send it via pm to you or taochan?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I thought it would be rude to ask, seeing as it would be a bit of extra work compared to other entries. So to enter I have to send it via pm to you or taochan?

Nah, it wouldn't take long to separate a wall of text. Just ask politely and you shall receive. Yes. Send it to me or Taochan. C:

Xblade13

Awards
Alright, thanks.^^ When I get the time ill write it. Now just to figure out what to write. XD;

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Alright, thanks.^^ When I get the time ill write it. Now just to figure out what to write. XD;

You're welcome! I wish you and the rest of the contestants the best of luck!

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask them.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Attention Everyone!

We have extended the date to give you some breathing room on your submissions/entries. I had edited the op with the new dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back