• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI NFL pick thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Alright I really didn't want to incorporate this with the regular thread.
I don't know who else would like, but each week I plan to pick out 5 games and whoever wants to join you just need to pick whoever the winner is. Nothing is at stake and mostly doing it for bragging rights. I could say just do it on yahoo or ESPN, but really cannot have a league. So this is a league in a league. I will update the stats for everyone after each week when I post the next week match's. If you just want to make the picks for 1 week go ahead.

Well since we missed the first 4 weeks on this I will start out with week 5. Games will be:
Washington at Philadelphia
Pittsburg at Jacksonville
Tampa Bay at Denver
Atlanta at Green Bay
Minnesota at New Orleans

If you can pickout an upset special out of the other games then I guess you can get an extra point.
just copy the games and put an X or some other mark in front of your pick.

(X)Washington at Philadelphia
(X)Pittsburg at Jacksonville
Tampa Bay at (X)Denver
Atlanta at (X)Green Bay
Minnesota at (X)New Orleans

My upset pick is going to be Houston over the Colts. Colts should win, but the Houston team is looking impressive so they cannot go into the game thinking they will win easily.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Isn't the game at Houston? If so, then I think the upset will be kind of unlikely. The Colts seem to be better on the road, so I think that they'll win mre on the road, this season. They just seem to have a curse in their own stadium.

Oh, and I'll look at the scheduale again tommorow, but I think Jacksonville's going to be Pittsburg.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
Washington at Philadelphia - I must say The Redskins going into Dallas and pulling off the upset says a lot about them. The NFC East is looking really good this season. The Eagles have a high powered offense, but they roughed up Pittsburgh, but won by 9 points and The Bears game was a bad loss. I could see The Eagles picking up the win in their stadium, but it damn sure won't be easy. The Redskins had The Cowboys receivers on some serious lockdown and their offense is not to be messed with. I'm gonna go against the tide and picking Philly pretty much because they've played some good ball at home.

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville - I don't know. The Jaguars looked a little iffy at the beginning of the season. Going 0-2 and them coming from behind to beat Houston and Indy. That says something about them. As far as Pittsburgh goes, I'm sure they haven't forgotten about getting beat twice in their house in the same season. But still, Pittsburgh really doesn't have a running game anymore while Jacksonville has Jones-Drew and Taylor. Let's hope Davenport can play or else Pittsburgh is in trouble. I don't like The Steelers chances, so I'm pickin Jacksonville. Even when Pittsburgh was healthy, they couldn't touch Jacksonville.

Tampa Bay at Denver - I pick The Broncos here. The Broncos are just too good. One bad loss won't damage their pride. They should be proud of their 3-1 record. The Bucs beat a Green Bay team with an injured Aaron Rodgers, so I'm not going to even count that. The Bucs are a great team, but if Rodgers didn't play all 4 Quarters, come on, it's really not fair. I think Flynn had to fill in towards the end of the game. The Broncos although have a nasty habit of scoring like 20 points in the first Quarter blowing out their opponents and having that team come back. They could have easily been 2-2.

Atlanta at Green Bay - The Falcons are a suprising 2-2, but I don't see them winning in Green Bay. The Falcons so far look like they can only win in their own house. Green Bay is all banged up. Grant hasn't been as explosive as yet, Rodgers is questionable, and God only knows about Al Harris. Matt Ryan is going to have a hard time against this Green Bay defense.

Minnesota at New Orleans - The Saints are gonna kill The Vikings in this game. I don't care how many point Peterson thinks he can score. The Vikings have been a great disappointment. Tavaris Jackson was bad and Gus Ferrote is not exactly great. The Vikings had such high hopes this season. They were so good last season, even when Peterson was injured, but you take him away, their offense is suspect.

Coming off a bye week, The Colts are not going to lose to the Texans. I don't care how good Houston thinks they are, The Colts aren't the same team that looked iffy in their first three games. Texans are going 0-3/0-4 I don't remember. Houston has high hopes though. They will get better.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
so Destiny you went 2-3. You got Denver and Washington right.

I went 3-2 with getting, Steelers, Denver, and Washington.
New games are:
New England at San Diego
Dallas at Arizona
Jacksonville at Denver
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Chicago at Atlanta

my picks this week are going to be, in reverse order, - Chicago, Carolina, Denver, Dallas, and finally New England. Of all the games it is harder to choose between the NE and SD game mainly because the two teams really do not look anything close to what they did in previous years.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
New England at San Diego - You're right. It's hard to choose because both these teams aren't as good as the previous seasons. I mean The Dolphins owned them both. The Chargers defense could not stop Ronnie Brown and that Wildcat Offense. Anyway, I think The Patriots found their groove, so I guess I'm gonna go with The Patriots.

Dallas at Arizona - I was excited to see this game since the schedule was released. I don't know, there's something about the Cowboys. I mean they dominated the first 3 games, but losing to Washington at home, dropping a huge lead against the Bengals and winning by the skin of their teeth and now facing an impressive offense in Arizona, I don't know if Dallas can get it done. But then again, The Cowboys are too good of a team, so I'll pick Dallas in another high scoring game.

Jacksonville at Denver - Let's face it, The Jaguars aren't the same team they were last season. If this was The Jags from last season, I'd say they kill The Broncos, but these Jags aren't the same. They're 2-3 with losses to Pittsburgh (they beat them twice in the regular season and the playoffs), Tennessee in Week 1, and The Buffalo Bills. Let's face it, Indy had them beat dead to rights if not for some bull pass interference, and they barely beat Houston. They're lucky they aren't 0-5. They're playing Denver at home, and Denver has been an offensive Juggernaut. They outnumbered opponents at home 42-6 in the first Quarter! Denver can put some points, but then their defense lets the teams come back. I like Denver at home in a, dare I say, blowout?

Carolina at Tampa Bay - This game decides first place in the NFC South. I like the way Carolina is playing Football this season. They've been a great team, and yet Tampa Bay is with a gimpy Jeff Garcia and no Joey Galloway. The Bucs are great, but Carolina is #1 in the Division for a reason.

Chicago at Atlanta - The Falcons are for real. Winning in Green Bay is all I needed to see to convince me that this team is the real deal. Matt Ryan is playing like a veteran QB, Michael Turner leads the league in rushing, and John Abram leads the league in sacks so far. Besides all that, The Falcons have blown out their opponets at home. The Bears defense may give Matt Ryan problems, but I see The Falcons winning this game. Not by a lot, but just by enough.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Destiny I think this was a tough week so far. The last of the 5 games is being played, and that even looks like it is already decided.
So Destiny it will look like you get the Atlanta pick correct, but as with me nothing else. so you are 1-4 and me 0-5. Crazy week I think.

Totals:
blinkboy211: 3-7
Destiny's End: 3-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back