• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI FABLES - A Project for the Creative Corner

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards

|Art Discussion/Submission | RP Sign-Up Thread | Roleplay Thread |
Once upon a time, people were truer to their hearts, and their hearts spoke truth in turn.

The world was a truer place then, and men could find happiness in simple things. Every young princeling dreamed of rescuing some maid—and while his mind was conflicted, his heart spoke truly. Every princess was born with a seed of virtue inside, which bloomed when she listened to her heart. Even the little frogs—with their little frog hearts—had kingly spirits, deep inside them.

We hear of these true-hearted people as Tom Thumbling, Snow White, the Frog Prince, and Sleeping Beauty . . . Indeed, they were real people, who lived and breathed as we do. Their stories are but diluted whispers of a whole person—their truest heart of hearts. By their fairy-tales, this part of them survives . . .

So long as their happy endings remain intact, their hearts can speak truths to us.

But most are not so fortunate. Many stories remain untold.
The hearts of these forgotten people lie silent, deprived of the happy endings they so deserve.

So, in response, I say . . .

Hearken to me, fellow storytellers! Make use of crafty wit and clever pen!
Listen to my call, ye thespians! Imbue these words with passion and depth!
Heed me, master artists! Through paint and pencil, immortalize the forgotten!
Lords and ladies of song! Compose an elegy to span the breadth of ages!

A new book of tales is about to be written.

==============================================​

This is my typically long-winded way of introducing a new project—something that I hope will spark activity and cooperation throughout the Creative Corner sections. I'd like to embark on something that will incorporate all the talents that KHInsider has to offer, giving everyone a chance to contribute towards a single, massive whole.

I don't know whether this will be a loose anthology, or a single, complete product—but we'll make it using our combined talents. The central theme will be something to which most of us can relate, Disney Fairy Tales.

MORE BELOW

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
1. To begin, I'd like to create an illustrated roleplay, like a storybook.
(Parts 1 & 2 of this "anthology")

Roleplayers will first apply through a sort of audition process, in which they submit a fairy-tale "template" describing their character's appearance and origins. Each audition must have a corresponding archetype—that is, a traditional role in fairy-tales and literature. The roleplay will develop these archetypes into realistic, complex characters—who have merely been diluted over time.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Each roleplayer have an illustrator partner—who will illustrate their character, key scenes, etc. Between them, posts will be a joint effort. Each artist can work with multiple roleplayers, and can independently propose concepts as well; they're certainly not going to be RP lackeys. A separate "art pile" thread will be filled with concept art that yet lacks a purpose/character.

2. A team of writers will then condense the narrative into stories/chapters, and homogenize the style. (Part 3)

This part will be a meticulous labor of love, in which the roleplaying cast must work hand-in-hand with the writing committee—to create a simplified companion work to the RP. These writers must also order the illustrations as they see fit, consulting the illustrators if something needs to be made/edited. The collection needs to be something that will impress visitors to the forums, and provide a fitting example of everyone's talents.

In addition to this compilation stage, writers can submit their own short works in the meantime. The greatest fun of creative writing is, well . . . to write creatively! I'd hate to limit our writing team to other people's work—because I'll be submitting a few other things, myself—so independent concepts are always welcome. These will break up the "main" story/stories provided by the roleplay.

3. Throughout the making of the project, musically-inclined members can submit relevant pieces as well. (Part 4?)

This is, frankly, an afterthought. Musicians are a little rarer than artists or writers, so pieces can be submitted with no particular order.

So, that is my wish for the Creative Corner. Would anybody be interested in this?
(PLEASE share this with the other sections.)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sounds dope. I wouldn't mind putting forward a Daedalus-esque artefact-collector or -crafter. Maybe a wandering salesperson possessing weird items and gizmos no one ever seems fully able to utilize.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I'm fanatically flabbergasted from this finangled flippant philandering here!

Don't mind if I have a taste of this delicious pie.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
^Excitement.

The unlikely hero is something I'd like to pitch; the exasperated everyman drawn into incredible circumstances with a logical mind and slightly cynical charm.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
I've placed a wanted ad of sorts, in the Traditional Media section. In this beginning stage, the illustrators will be the most difficult recruits—so pester your artistically-inclined friends! If you yourself have talent in this area, I encourage you to exercise it!

Orion said:
Sounds dope. I wouldn't mind putting forward a Daedalus-esque artefact-collector or -crafter. Maybe a wandering salesperson possessing weird items and gizmos no one ever seems fully able to utilize.

I've always loved the "eclectic merchant" character.
You never disappoint, so I look forward to it.

Professor Ven said:
I'm fanatically flabbergasted from this finangled flippant philandering here!

Don't mind if I have a taste of this delicious pie.

What a pleasantly promising pledge of perfect performance!

OmniChaos said:
Naturally, I'm in. After all, every fairy tail needs its villain.

tumblr_lzuhv9c60y1qm8tfdo1_250.gif
tumblr_lzuhv9c60y1qm8tfdo2_250.gif

Vague BBC reference...

Solar said:
The unlikely hero is something I'd like to pitch; the exasperated everyman drawn into incredible circumstances with a logical mind and slightly cynical charm.

Welcome aboard, Tom Tailor! Your character type is essential to any good fairy-tale.

Kazem

Would a little humorous character be welcomed here, mainly in the form of a jester or such? One who moves his body to accompany his speech, tiny jungles emphasizing the hints and tales he tells.

To simply entertain!, would be his wish, and a chuckle and laugh is all he would want on his beggar-dish. He'd talk sometimes in rhymes, and else in riddle, to give a hero (or villain) a means to meet in the middle. He sides with none, yet doesn't deny help, but still some hate him, cutting his head off after his yelp. He's a bit new to this profession, mind you, so take a second before slicing him in two. His bows are deep, and his prices none too steep, for these actions are for free, as long as you don't fall asleep, because his sayings are once and once only, so if you miss one, you might not soon finish the story. He adds some humor, and is meant to be laughed at, and definitely isn't the one who is really a broom-wielding old bat. His comes in many a color, size and shape, but his methods stay true, no matter how many talks you may tape. Not a main part by far, oh no, just another piece for the big puzzle, only for show.

Course, there are nights when his laugh darkens, his smile ever bigger, and his advice turns false and quite bitter. Sometimes behind his back, he holds a dagger, which might be placed into you, making you stagger, for he offers a game of chance instead of laughs, and the your choices (if poor) will make the rewards your last. He can harm in the same sentence as help, and gives the story a potential twist, showing himself to any lost within his unique mist.

So it is up to you to take this troublesome jester, for he can really, really pester, his rhymes without rhythm and his voice jokingly all-knowing, but might make any tale quite a special showing.

Sadly, he might not show up for quite a time due to my little rush of family vacations for the first three-or-so weeks, starting tomorrow. But, if it is not too late by then, I would gladly contribute to this wonderful-sounding project, if you choose to accept this, admittedly, "odd" character

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Haha, I certainly appreciate the rhymes and the wordplay, Kazem, but this thread is mostly for discussion/planning. I'll have a proper sign-up thread once enough support is gathered.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I've already got the pieces of my character coming together in my head. Already have his title(s) planned out too:

The Stolen Thief / The Fell King

I'll leave you with this and let your imaginations take over.

Athel

Machinist
I'm incredibly excited to see this with a kind of "official" beginning, though it seems more like an announcement. I'm most interested in contributing as a writer or artist for the first portion of the project.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
A question for those involved: Should I post the sign-up thread soon, then approach artists to see whether they're willing to illustrate some of these characters? Or should I gather definite pledges from artists before we begin?

The former approach would guarantee the roleplay as a "backup plan", should the entire project fail.
The latter approach, however, would perhaps give the project a stronger foundation.

Thoughts?

By the way, "The Stolen Thief" really arrests my attention as a title...

Athel

Machinist
A question for those involved: Should I post the sign-up thread soon, then approach artists to see whether they're willing to illustrate some of these characters? Or should I gather definite pledges from artists before we begin?

The former approach would guarantee the roleplay as a "backup plan", should the entire project fail.
The latter approach, however, would perhaps give the project a stronger foundation.

Thoughts?

I personally would be more inclined to do the latter, but it's your call.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Since the artsy stuff is only going to happen after characters are made and scenes enacted, I'd say it's a good idea to do the latter and just consult them after things are underway.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

Since the artsy stuff is only going to happen after characters are made and scenes enacted, I'd say it's a good idea to do the latter and just consult them after things are underway.

Then don't you mean the former?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Because I can't foresee much artistic interest right now, I'm probably going to post the sign-up thread soon.

Sigh...

My interest in the section as a whole is waning...

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Because I can't foresee much artistic interest right now, I'm probably going to post the sign-up thread soon.

Sigh...

My interest in the section as a whole is waning...

We are compatriots in our noble quest dear friend, but if you quit now, I will leave you to be slain by the Giant Skeletons in the Tomb of the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back