• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI CW: Shipper Monthly Contest [June Dates Posted]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
i've written like 200 words and i have no idea if i'm going to get this done in time but I AM ENTERING SOMETHING FLAMMIT >:T (I wanna write angsty romance lalala)

That reminds me, was the limit 1000 words? It isn't listed in the opening post. Unless it is, in which case I need better glasses.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
So I handed in the revision of my story today. It's a relief to finally have it done, but I'm starting to get that typical writer's "My story is done and now I'm not satisfied with it" kind of thing. I also read through it again and found 4 or 5 spelling errors. Ugh, it's bothering me so much. I hate spelling errors.

You still have time, if you don't like your entry. :3 I can provide extra time, if you guys really need it. And with that said, I'll be reading your entries and I can fix spelling errors. Only spelling errors. So I leave that decision up to all of you.

Oh I forgot to add in my post. I'm thinking uve' making my story original. I'd love to use Noel and Valerie, but there isn't that much justice I can give to The Waferbars' character. So sadly, I can't do it without feeling like dramatically changing how Valerie is, well how she is.

That's perfectly fine, Noel. Write whatever you want. Be it original or canon. :D I'm sure you could give her justice though. But yeah, completely up to you.

i've written like 200 words and i have no idea if i'm going to get this done in time but I AM ENTERING SOMETHING FLAMMIT >:T (I wanna write angsty romance lalala)

Then I really look forward to seeing this agnsty romance of yours, Rena. xD

That reminds me, was the limit 1000 words? It isn't listed in the opening post. Unless it is, in which case I need better glasses.

No. There isn't a word limit. So you're welcome to write it with as many and as little words that you want.

Gosh. I really didn't expect so much enthusiasm for this contest. I'm so proud of all of you!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
You still have time, if you don't like your entry. :3 I can provide extra time, if you guys really need it. And with that said, I'll be reading your entries and I can fix spelling errors. Only spelling errors. So I leave that decision up to all of you.

Hmm. I think I'd rather fix them myself and send you another revision, feels kind of dirty letting someone else do it. But thank you for letting me hand in it as many times as I need to haha.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hmm. I think I'd rather fix them myself and send you another revision, feels kind of dirty letting someone else do it. But thank you for letting me hand in it as many times as I need to haha.

You're welcome. Just send another entry in, if you got the time. I'll be on all week to receive each and every one, and during the contest.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Oh God, final entries are due tomorrow and I can't make a solid decision which ending to use. I'm just going to have to man up tomorrow and choose one.

Noel

Awards
You made multiple endings? Just pick one that you wished had happen to you.

Max

Staff member
Awards
You made multiple endings? Just pick one that you wished had happen to you.

Well, it's more like one is an extended ending, but I am just trying to decide if less is more (if you know what I mean).

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Well, it's more like one is an extended ending, but I am just trying to decide if less is more (if you know what I mean).

You have until tomorrow afternoon to turn it in. Since there are usually a few late and last minute entries, I hold off till 1pm. ET.

With that said, if you don't have it in by then, are you still going to want me to put the story you submitted earlier into the poll?

Max

Staff member
Awards
You have until tomorrow afternoon to turn it in. Since there are usually a few late and last minute entries, I hold off till 1pm. ET.

With that said, if you don't have it in by then, are you still going to want me to put the story you submitted earlier into the poll?

I'll hand it in, I'm just going to pick one right now and I'll send it to you.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Done. I had to go to a friend's computer and transfer it from there. I tried to compensate for any formatting errors that might occur from it, but I'm worried I missed something. Also, Windows 8 is horrible oh my glob.

Noel

Awards
I got candles and chocolate at the ready once I'm able to read all the submissions.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm really excited to read these, when will they be up exactly?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
EVERYONE! The Poll will be put up in the Later Hours of the DAY. I want to thank everyone for their marvelous entries! :)

Due to it being Memorial Day, I have to post pone till later to make the poll. Gotta love those unexpected family visits. This is just a heads up, if any of the contestants are wondering about it. Please understand and I promise to have it up before you know it!

If there is still anyone looking to throw in an entry, private message me. However, once the poll is up no more entries can be submitted. But be reassured, there will be another chance to win it next month. With that final note, I'll be closing this thread in the meantime until the contest is over. Any and All QUESTIONS can be sent through via VM or PM.

Last edited:

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
The voting thread is closed, and we know the two winning stories and the two winning writers--but do we get to know which writer wrote which story? My initial guess is that CD-Man2021 wrote "Sorting the Unassorted" and Max wrote "What Is and What Should Never Be," but I don't know! It'd also be interesting to know who submitted the other entries, if those writers are willing to divulge that info.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The voting thread is closed, and we know the two winning stories and the two winning writers--but do we get to know which writer wrote which story? My initial guess is that CD-Man2021 wrote "Sorting the Unassorted" and Max wrote "What Is and What Should Never Be," but I don't know! It'd also be interesting to know who submitted the other entries, if those writers are willing to divulge that info.

Unrequited - OmniChaos
Love Left Answered - Noel
Sorting the Unassorted - CD-Man2021
What Is and What Should Never Be - Max

Missing Mattie - Dreaded_Desire62
LoK: FriendEnemies - Sugar Lips

Those done in purple are the winners with their submissions.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
High five, Max! And thanks to everyone who entered as well, all the entries were a blast to read through.

Also, if anyone wants to read more of Unassorted, they can do so here. I plan to post my entry in that thread and talk about it a bit at some point.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Back at ya CD-Man, congratulations! And like he said, all of the entries were awesome, I'm really looking forward to the next contest to see what everybody writes next time!

Hopefully this will slowly get bigger and bigger, with more entries as well as more readers. I know everybody put a lot of work into their stories and the saddest part is how few people actually took the times to read and vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back