• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► KHI Book Club - What are you currently reading?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
@Cinder It's a book book (novel)

@Lonbilly Yes, that's the one. I heard it from a guy called Kirran on this team of internet entertainers called TeamFourStar, and he said on one of their streams on twitch that that book was as Kingdom Hearts as a book could get (he's a big fan).

Last edited:

moonstar_xo

I've been on a bit of a Vonnegut kick and borrowed Breakfast of Champions and Cat's Cradle from the library. I finished Breakfast of Champions about a week ago and I enjoyed it, and I'm currently reading Cat's Cradle. I think I like Cat's Cradle more so far, though.

Also if anyone here is looking for some good nonfiction, I finished White Trash a few weeks ago and it was a really fascinating read! It chronicles the history of America's treatment of lower class people from the age of colonization until today. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes history.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been on a bit of a Vonnegut kick and borrowed Breakfast of Champions and Cat's Cradle from the library. I finished Breakfast of Champions about a week ago and I enjoyed it, and I'm currently reading Cat's Cradle. I think I like Cat's Cradle more so far, though.

Also if anyone here is looking for some good nonfiction, I finished White Trash a few weeks ago and it was a really fascinating read! It chronicles the history of America's treatment of lower class people from the age of colonization until today. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes history.
Cat's Cradle was pretty good imo. I still have yet to read anything else by him. I was just encouraged to read Cat's Cradle by my girlfriend at the tie because it's her favorite. I enjoy dreamlike reads like it.

moonstar_xo

Cat's Cradle was pretty good imo. I still have yet to read anything else by him. I was just encouraged to read Cat's Cradle by my girlfriend at the tie because it's her favorite. I enjoy dreamlike reads like it.

Yeah, I'm really liking it so far. I also really liked Slaughterhouse Five, which I had to read in high school. I'd been meaning to read more of his stuff for a while, but am only getting around to it now lol

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Never in my life have I ever wanted a world inside of a book to be real so damn bad.

I just finished reading this book two minutes ago called "Words in Deep Blue" by Cath Crowley. It's a love story about a boy and a girl and a secondhand book store that lets you write all kinds of letters inside of books. And it's not your average love story, cause it isn't love on first sight or anything like that at all. But Cinder, it's a love story! THIS ISNT JUST A LOVE STORY, ITS ABOUT DEATH, LIVING, FAMILY, AND BOOKS! GO READ IT! GO READ THIS NOW!

^ lol. I'm probably more emotionally attached to this book than I should be. xD

Another fantastic book that I fell in love with is called, Eliza and her monsters by Francesca Zappia. It's about drawing a webcomic, while being sociable awkward, and having a website controlled by moderators. It's another book that really speaks to me or feels relatable in this coming age of artists on tumblr and Twitter. I really wish there was fan art of this book already, cause I would buy it in a heart beat. And there's drawings in this too!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I just finished the book for English class written by Julia Alvarez In the Time of the Butterflies.

It is sad to think this book actually was based off a true story, but with a combination of fiction and facts among Dedé, Patria, Minerva and Teresa. The book has definitely been an unforgettable story as well as the real story of the Butterflies and what they did.
I would really recommend this book to others in case you are curious about more of the story, as it certainly was like no other book I've read (well, I mostly read fiction, but I do with some novels).
To see the courage in Minerva is but unforgettable, standing up to what she believed in and having later her other sisters join in but Dedé. It's sad that people always had pressured Dedé why she wasn't with her sisters. I mean, that is just rude to ask someone something like that, honestly. But Dedé felt it was her role to tell the story, which makes me like Dede's personality.
This book I will be taking an exam for tomorrow, as well as I need to remember minor characters due to there being so many.
Seriously, if you haven't read this, do it, now.
And Cinder, I will take your word for reading the book. :)

moonstar_xo

I just finished The Girls by Emma Cline and really liked it! It's about a girl who joins a cult and becomes enamored with one girl in particular that's in it. It's a fascinating story with a lot of interesting perspectives about wanting to fit in and be seen as part of a group.

I also really need to compile a list of books to read for the rest of the summer. I'm going to be travelling in July and need a few good books to read on both of my flights (about 6 hours each way :|). I'll probably look through this thread a bit for some recommendations haha

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I just finished The Girls by Emma Cline and really liked it! It's about a girl who joins a cult and becomes enamored with one girl in particular that's in it. It's a fascinating story with a lot of interesting perspectives about wanting to fit in and be seen as part of a group.

I also really need to compile a list of books to read for the rest of the summer. I'm going to be travelling in July and need a few good books to read on both of my flights (about 6 hours each way :|). I'll probably look through this thread a bit for some recommendations haha
Have you ever read the Scarlett Letter?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The Dead Student by John Katzenbach.
It got preeeetty interesting kinda out of no where and ahhhh somehow I really like the antagonist but then I don't it's so tricky!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I actually hated The Scarlet Letter. The Scarlet Letter and Cold Sassy Tree were two books I had to read in high school that I've always regarded as just awful.

Edit: Whenever someone wants a recommendation, my go-to recommendations are:

1. How My Gay Uncle F'ed Up Christmas- The Legend of Sodomy Cat

2. The Long Walk

3. Horns

I know that first one has a questionable title, but it's actually a very good coming if age story.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I actually hated The Scarlet Letter. The Scarlet Letter and Cold Sassy Tree were two books I had to read in high school that I've always regarded as just awful.

Edit: Whenever someone wants a recommendation, my go-to recommendations are:

1. How My Gay Uncle F'ed Up Christmas- The Legend of Sodomy Cat

2. The Long Walk

3. Horns

I know that first one has a questionable title, but it's actually a very good coming if age story.
I actually got into one of the books that I decided to read in high school. I actually like it now compared to back in my senior year. I also finished Monk and probably the most depressing book that I have ever read was Night.

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
I like to keep my reading simple. I'm a big Dave Pilkey fan so of course, Captain Underpants comes to mind! Right now I'm on the 12th book in the series: Captain Underpants and the Sensational Saga of Sir Stinks-A-Lot :tongue:

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I tried to read the first book of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, but the prose was just too dense for me and I couldn't make it through the first chapter. Which I'm really disappointed by because the trailer for the movie looks so awesome.

Anyway, I've read some Batman comics, DC's Kingdom Come miniseries, and now I've started reading The Wicked+The Divine. I've been re-reading the Captain Underpants books from my childhood because seeing the movie made me nostalgic and curious to see how well they hold up (answer: pretty well). Now, I've started reading Changed, the 11th book in the Dresden Files series. A much more immersive read for me given how invested I've become in this series.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm infuriated with how little reading time I actually have lately. Outside of manga, I don't think I've finished a single book.

I started "Tranny" by Laura Jane Grace, talking about being trans, but hiding it/being ashamed while pursuing her dream and being in a punk band [Against Me] and it's super interesting and a really good read... but I'm borrowing it and need to give it back soon. I'm only half way.

I've been slowly reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk but I'm not liking the style of it too much...

Other than that I'm kind of just reading short stories and other creative writing things from friends or at school with my literary magazine. I don't have as much time for novels anymore and it hurts so bad. I read so many novels last year and all I'm reading now are school assignments.

Send help.

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Finished reading Cold Days by Jim Butcher. Started reading Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.

Back