Lit ► KHI Book Club - What are you currently reading?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pokie

Awards
Just finished Mythos ( Greek Myths Retold ) by Stephen Fry. It was a great introduction to Greek Myths, though I don't know how actually solid it was because I never took Classics in HS.

KingdomKey

Gold Member
Awards
  • Retired Staff
  • Graceful Assassin
  • The Gambler of Fate
  • Beauty Within
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Whirlwind Lancer
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo. I read it a month ago, but it was EXTREMELY good. If you like Nikolai & Zoya in the previous series of Shadow and Bone, you should definitely check it out.

Tomorrow, I'll be reading Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan.

Awards
  • Vulpes Union
  • 15th Anniversary
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Advanced Chain of Memories
I just finished Out of Abaton, which is a retelling of Pinocchio. I actually didn't know what to expect, but I really enjoyed it!

And right now, I'm reading Flashback from the Keeper of the Lost Cities series!

Max

Staff member
Awards
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • The Freeshooter
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
I'm reading Treasure Island again after having finally finished watching Black Sails

Rodin

Awards
I finished reading trigger warning by Neil gaiman.

I started reading As the mountain echoes by Khalid Hosseini.

Rydgea

"contrary little shit"
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
  • News Hound
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars: A Dangerous Trans Girl's Confabulous Memoir by Kai Cheng Thom

Over half-way in. Pretty quick read. So far, it's a beautiful, spindly guessing game, deciphering the half-truths and magic.

alexis.anagram

one step closer
Awards
  • News Hound
  • Keyblade Master
Fierce Femmes and Notorious Liars: A Dangerous Trans Girl's Confabulous Memoir by Kai Cheng Thom

Over half-way in. Pretty quick read. So far, it's a beautiful, spindly guessing game, deciphering the half-truths and magic.
This sounds delectable. Where is our KHI Queer Bookclub.

I have a stack of books that manages to measure up to my TV (which is admittedly smol-ish) next to my bed and I weep at realizing I need to be an adult and actually schedule time to dig through it. Scheduling reading time. What has this world come to. :'(
But I'm about 30 pages into Fire on the Mountain by Terry Bisson (on recommendation from my mom) and I'm enjoying the alt-history-as-revelatory-for-real-world history approach: I need to know more about this timeline's version of Harriet Tubman, the militant revolutionary. Also letting myself drift along through I Am a Cat by Soseki Natsume, which I picked up at Kinokuniya on a whim along with Once and Forever: The Tales of Kenji Miyazawa (translation by John Bester) and My Solo Exchange Diary 2 by Nagata Kabi (speaking of queer and book clubs...). And then I did a, haha, sizable Indiebound order so that's when I realized I have a duty to all the trees who have died for my sins. </3

Rodin

Awards
"Motherless Brooklyn" by Jonathan Lethem.

I'm 50 pages into "Doctor Sleep" by Stephen King.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
  • Vulpes Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
so do comics count because they are an ongoing series sooo? but actual books wise that would be the Institute by Stephen King, My first time actually reading a stephen king novel and honestly i kinda love it