• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHFM and KH2FM+

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

axel95

Awards
I'm looking at getting these and I want to know, what all do I need to do to my PS2 to make them work? Thanks in advance!

BagelBreath

Awards
You could also use FreeMCboot to mod your PS2, and like the name says, it's free. :p
I just finished KH II FM+ using it.
Plus, you don't need to swap. You can patch your games using ESR.
Just Google FreeMCboot, there's plenty of guides/info out there.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I used SwapMagic for the sole purpose of installing FreeMCBoot, and burned the patched version of KH2FM to a DVD. There are plenty of tutorials out there, as BagelBreath said (and I wish I could still rep him for that post), so it's not that hard.

State

Awards
Wow, didn't know more members here actually did all this work for the Final Mixes. :3

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it is more worth it to just get Swap Magic. I use it for tons of things unrelated to the Final Mixes.

Also, whenever I burned a DVD with the Eng Patched KH2 FM, it didn't even work. Didn't really care at all since I memorized the gameplay katakana anyways.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Eh, worked for me. Don't know why you had the trouble. *shrugs*

Regardless, the extra battles are fun. :3

BagelBreath

Awards
I used SwapMagic for the sole purpose of installing FreeMCBoot, and burned the patched version of KH2FM to a DVD. There are plenty of tutorials out there, as BagelBreath said (and I wish I could still rep him for that post), so it's not that hard.

I used James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire to install FMCB on my PS2! xD
It really isn't that hard, there's noob friendly, advanced, and video tutorials. :)
and thanks! It's the thought that counts. :p <3

@Haeralis The Eng patched version worked flawlessly for me.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Must have been an error in the burning then. It wouldn't even start up, when I did the Swap Magic and inserted the disc into it it just made this horrible sound in my PS2. After this I just put in my vanilla copy of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ and it worked perfectly so I was like "eh, whatever"

I honestly didn't need it since I had played KH2FM for a good two years before the patch came out. I would have much preferred that KH1 FM get an English patch, since it doesn't have menu pictures like KH2 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back