• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH4 Star Wars Speculation: Only the Forest Moon of Endor?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
As far as accuracy goes for films and all that, did kh1, 2, and a little of 3 have a problem with Sora fighting alongside Aladdin, Hercules, Simba, Jack Sparrow, etc. against Jafar, Hades, Scar, Barbossa, and Davey Jones? Just because Sora wasn't originally in any of the movies? No because this is all suppose to be alternate versions of the films in video game form. Let's all please not allow what happened in most of kh3 limit our imaginations on what could and probably should happen for boss fights in the game. I know we were cheated out of boss battles with Mother Gothel and Randall, that still disappoints me.

Do we really want a Star Wars world where Sora (along with Donald and Goofy) fight another random heartless while Luke confronts Vader and the Emperor alone? If that's going to happen, may as well just exclude Star Wars entirely because that will take the fun out of everything. We can possibly still have those fun boss battles and most of the original storyline for the movie will more or less play out the same anyway (despite how boring that will be but whatever at this point I suppose). I say let us have a boss fight with Vader, and then the Emperor too.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
As far as accuracy goes for films and all that, did kh1, 2, and a little of 3 have a problem with Sora fighting alongside Aladdin, Hercules, Simba, Jack Sparrow, etc. against Jafar, Hades, Scar, Barbossa, and Davey Jones? Just because Sora wasn't originally in any of the movies? No because this is all suppose to be alternate versions of the films in video game form. Let's all please not allow what happened in most of kh3 limit our imaginations on what could and probably should happen for boss fights in the game. I know we were cheated out of boss battles with Mother Gothel, Hans, and Randall that still disappoints me. Do we really want a Star Wars world where Sora (along with Donald and Goofy) fight another random heartless while Luke confronts Vader and the Emperor alone? If that's going to happen, may as well just exclude Star Wars entirely because that will take the fun out of everything. We can possibly still have those fun boss battles and most of the original storyline for the movie will more or less play out the same anyway (despite how boring that will be but whatever at this point I suppose). I say let us have a boss fight with Vader, and then the Emperor too.

Don’t forget that Nomura and co. has to work with teams behind those films. In this case they would have to work with Lucasfilm, which has a specialized team called the Lucasfilm Story Group. The LFSG is one of the few Disney IP teams that is well known to the public, the other being Feige and his MCU group.

Anyone who wants to do anything with the SW brand has to work with them. Also unlike other films and series, the SW brand holds great value and I have no doubt that LFSG will do their best to preserve George’s vision of the OT all while letting Nomura’s creative some space.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Don’t forget that Nomura and co. has to work with teams behind those films. In this case they would have to work with Lucasfilm, which has a specialized team called the Lucasfilm Story Group. The LFSG is one of the few Disney IP teams that is well known to the public, the other being Feige and his MCU group.

Anyone who wants to do anything with the SW brand has to work with them. Also unlike other films and series, the SW brand holds great value and I have no doubt that LFSG will do their best to preserve George’s vision of the OT all while letting Nomura’s creative some space.
I guess that brain trust team will deny a Vader boss fight, since they clearly don't know what the hell is going on with the DISNEY trilogy and the recent BattleFront games.

It's like you said, Star Wars is a brand with great value compared to the other films used. People were upset because we didn't get a Mother Gothel and Randall fight, just imagine if Darth Vader is in a KH game and you don't get to fight him, but a giant heartless instead? That will probably create the biggest backlash in KH history.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I guess that brain trust team will deny a Vader boss fight, since they clearly don't know what the hell is going on with the DISNEY trilogy and the recent BattleFront games.

It's like you said, Star Wars is a brand with great value compared to the other films used. People were upset because we didn't get a Mother Gothel and Randall fight, just imagine if Darth Vader is in a KH game and you don't get to fight him, but a giant heartless instead? That will probably create the biggest backlash in KH history.
They haven't been stingy about fightable Vader in other games (Disney Infinity and Lego) so I don't see how it wouldn't happen in KH4. Besides, they went with RorJ for a reason. If Vader and Palpatine fights were both shot down, I'd think they would have opted for a different film.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They haven't been stingy about fightable Vader in other games (Disney Infinity and Lego) so I don't see how it wouldn't happen in KH4. Besides, they went with RorJ for a reason. If Vader and Palpatine fights were both shot down, I'd think they would have opted for a different film.
If that were the sentiment, then Tangled, Toy Story, FROZEN, and Monsters Inc. would have been skipped.

After KH3, I'm very weary and worried that major boss fights can be skipped. Honestly, that's the only real negative that I got from KH3 - the excitement of potential DISNEY boss fights not happening.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Maybe Darth Vader will be skipped in the Story but maybe there will be some sort of Data of Darth Vader that you could fight as a secret boss

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe Darth Vader will be skipped in the Story but maybe there will be some sort of Data of Darth Vader that you could fight as a secret boss
I will take anything once we get an actual DISNEY boss fight.

I don't want to call this upon us... but what if the Star Wars movie is actually Rise of the Skywalker? That film also takes place on a Moon of Endor:devilish:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If that were the sentiment, then Tangled, Toy Story, FROZEN, and Monsters Inc. would have been skipped.
It's not quite the same thing. Tangled and Frozen both only had the one movie to choose from and Pixar didn't want film adaptations where as SW has a bunch of options for S-E to choose from. My thinking is RotJ being chosen over ANH or Sequel Trilogy is because of what they did get approval for.

And real talk, Hans and Gothel ain't on Vader's level. They're not combatants like him or have magic powers. They're just schemers and manipulators. It is a bit of a stretch to imagine either posing a threat to Sora. Zurg is a bigger omission imo but is probably due to how he is gonna be written in the Lightyear film.

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
It's not quite the same thing. Tangled and Frozen both only had the one movie to choose from and Pixar didn't film adaptations where as SW has a bunch of options for S-E to choose from. My thinking is RotJ being chosen over ANH or Sequel Trilogy is because of what they did get approval for.

And real talk, Hans and Gothel ain't on Vader's level. They're not combatants like him or have magic powers. They're just schemers and manipulators. It is a bit of a stretch to imagine either posing a threat to Sora. Zurg is a bigger omission imo but is probably due to how he is gonna be written in the Lightyear film.
By that same token, that could also apply to someone like Oogie Boogie who is really just a giant bag of bugs yet they found interesting ways to make boss battles with him. Him creating traps and sneaking around. Could have done that with Randall.

Clayton is another great example, who only has a shot gun to fight with against heroes with magical abilities. They made it interesting by pairing him with a heartless. They could have done the same with Gothel and Hans.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

that’s a complicated situation. The LFSG has no real power or authority when it comes to the new films, if anything what they do is fill the gaps that the directors create. They can guide the directors or even suggest something but ultimately they don’t have that power. They’re basically operating they same as they did under George Lucas.

What they have power over is what’s done and created. That’s why the comics, shows and books go through them. They like to keep certain time periods untouched in case they want to make a movie over them.

Also again let me rephrase this, there are many people who have more power than them, case and point: Dave Filoni. He’s already retconned comics and novels because of his shows.

In this case I do believe LFSG will be more liberal with Vader.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's not quite the same thing. Tangled and Frozen both only had the one movie to choose from and Pixar didn't film adaptations where as SW has a bunch of options for S-E to choose from. My thinking is RotJ being chosen over ANH or Sequel Trilogy is because of what they did get approval for.

Hans was basically on Clayton's level. They could have done giant heartless, plus Hans somewhere on the field (he also had a sword). Mother Gothel, they could have used the premise from "Mother Knows Best" to have her hide in the shadows and you have to use Rapunzel's light to find her, but while she's in the shadows a specialized heartless attacks you. Even Randall could have been a boss fight. If they reworked the factory setting to be like the Oogie Boogie fight, we could have had a Randall boss fight too.

But ultimately, I'm just saying that a Darth Vader fight is a must. It would be completely embarrassing to have Star Wars be hyped in KH4, only to not have a single Star Wars character boss fight.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
But ultimately, I'm just saying that a Darth Vader fight is a must. It would be completely embarrassing to have Star Wars be hyped in KH4, only to not have a single Star Wars character boss fight.
Disney: So be it, enjoy your rancor bossfight. It's also the party member of the world.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Oh for the love of God, if Star Wars ends up becoming the new Frozen world that is truly it for me with this series lol. Though having Rancor as a party member to help fight a heartless boss would be kind of interesting, and bizzare at the same time. Maybe Sora prevents Luke from killing him and develops a friendship with him. Finally the cherry on the sunday is at the end of the level Sora just hangs besides the whole Star Wars cast and they don't even look in his direction like he was never there...but no seriously, give me Luke as a party member to fight Vader and the Emperor please.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's so weird even having this conversion on the same day Force Unleashed launched on Switch & LEGO Starwalker Saga having just come out a couple of weeks ago. So many examples of what we could expect in a SW world from these 2 games & lot of it positive.

Maybe calm down & think positive? Or at least wait until they reveal the damn thing before complaining about it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
By that same token, that could also apply to someone like Oogie Boogie who is really just a giant bag of bugs yet they found interesting ways to make boss battles with him. Him creating traps and sneaking around. Could have done that with Randall.

Clayton is another great example, who only has a shot gun to fight with against heroes with magical abilities. They made it interesting by pairing him with a heartless. They could have done the same with Gothel and Hans.
This. Any character can be made into an adequate boss battle if they put in the effort, but they'd rather create a bland Heartless boss instead. Story-wise, no Disney world villain is on Sora's level, so that's not an excuse.

Oh, I hope so! 😈

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
A Boba Fett fight over the Sarlacc pit would be sick. Would make his fall more cooler too.

Back