• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH4 probable worlds

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
We're not done with classic 2D worlds, guys. We weren't done with them in III, and seemingly so in IV if Olympus's Underworld is confirmed. Just because KHIII's worlds were more thematically selected to be PIXAR / computer animated worlds, like KHII did for the Renaissance films, doesn't mean they have no hope in ever returning and wowing us with their new designs.

As for me, I don't care what shows up. They have subverted and dashed expectations based on how the property is implemented. Couldn't exactly have predicted The Caribbean world to rock mine like it did.

Luca was precious, though. If they can cook up something without a stereotypical, magical villain (a la Tremaine), then I'd want to see how that looks.

Awards
I believe we may have some evidence pointing towards having "realistic" worlds for the upcoming main title.
1. Sora woke up in "Quadratum" which is Tokyo.
2. In the trailer, we see two figures dressed with the Org. 13 saying the following:
and I believe that what they simply mean is that in this "universe" you can't go to the old cartoonish Disney worlds, but you'll end up in the "real" world.
3. In the trailer, we see what is quite likely the forest in Endor (Star Wars), which is another "realistic" (with humans) world, showing the leg of an AT:

3. Disney owns many of these "realistic" IPs.

The list is:
1. Quadratum
2. Star Wars
3. MCU
4. The Chronicles of Narnia
5. Avatar
6. Indiana Jones
7. Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Disney recently announced a series plus it could be a bridge between the cartoonish Olympus. Maybe Donald and Goofy at the end of the trailer were shocked because the "Hades" they saw was different from the one they know. Or perhaps more realistically, they were simply shocked by the surprise of his presence. But I'm sure they went look for him because he may have answers as to what happens to the people who die in the cartoonish world").
Ive heard possibillities of Zootopia. i have theories that it miight just be the new olympus coliseum.
maybe fighting crimes and heartless to gain Xp/Ranks...
Aand a keyblade (DUUH)
maybe even some multiplayer functions in that sense?

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I would be somewhat cool with Olympus if they can still keep it interesting. I wouldn't mind the coliseum returning again just to get that "gladiator" feel to it. The coliseum being massive, and you are actually surrounded by hundreds of people in the stands. Honestly that would be epic. That plus the Underworld again, it would be like the KH2 Olympus with a huge KH3 type of upgrade.

If it was just Olympus and Agrabah returning for 2D worlds I would be OK with that. Not great, but at least OK. Sora always did have a great friendship/bond both with Aladdin and Hercules. Though it would be nice to have 2D Jungle Book since that was suppose to be a world way back in the first Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Don't know anything about Strange World so I can't comment much on that. From what you are saying about it, I can imagine that will receive a hell of a backlash. As I mentioned earlier (and in many posts prior) I'm all in for an Incredibles world. Big Hero 6 was nice, but this is the superhero themed world I've been waiting for.

Oh no question, without a single doubt in my mind, Arendelle will return for KH4. How they will approach it this time around who knows. We can only hope it's the polar opposite of what transpired in KH3. At the rate Disney is pushing its new favourite lovechild, Frozen, expect Arendelle to eventually become the new Hercules of the Kingdom Hearts series (scary thought).

I know its a bit foolish to think so, but I still can't help but yearn for at least two classic 2D animated worlds to be featured in KH4 (still hoping one of them is Aladdin too). Let's see what news we shall be receiving between now and next year spring about the game's world selection.
I wish KH would include hand-drawn animated films more, too. But with PIXAR, Marvel, etc. already taking up 1/3 or a 1/4 of the slots, that means maybe 3 or 4 actual Disney worlds at best. And I know their first choices will be films they want to advertise, like Frozen and Encanto. Probably Zootopia since a Zootopia 2 will come in the next few years, I imagine. There's less room for older films or more adventurous choices when it comes to the actual Disney films these days. At least I've liked Disney's recent 3D films like Encanto and Raya. That period right after TP&TF was the final hand-drawn animated film was hard because Frozen was really the only thing they put out that I liked for 5 to 6 years there on top of it all.

JJ1020

Awards
My predictions:

1.) Toy Box

2.) Land of the Dead

3.) Endor

4.) Earth-616; Wakanda, Asgard, and Knowhere are the most likely locations.

5.) Pandora

6.) Motunui

7.) Arendelle/Atohallan

8.) Zootopia

9.) Olympus

Potential Worlds: Princess and the Frog, The Jungle Book, Indiana Jones, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, Wreck-it Ralph.

Daisuki

Awards
I feel pretty confident in at least Moana, Coco and a return to Toy Story and Frozen, likely focused on respective sequels

Zootopia, Encanto, Raya, and Princess and the Frog , are pretty probable too, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they get glanced over for various reasons.

We'd already have a decent Pixar fill with Coco and Toy Story, but I could also potentially see Incredibles, WALL-E, or Inside Out

In terms of the non-conventional stuff, I think Star Wars is almost guaranteed. Marvel and 20th Century stuff is kind of a toss-up though

In terms of sorta crazy predictions, I think we may finally get our Jungle Book world, but specifically the live action incarnation

Soldier

Awards
I feel pretty confident in at least Moana, Coco and a return to Toy Story and Frozen, likely focused on respective sequels

Zootopia, Encanto, Raya, and Princess and the Frog , are pretty probable too, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they get glanced over for various reasons.

We'd already have a decent Pixar fill with Coco and Toy Story, but I could also potentially see Incredibles, WALL-E, or Inside Out

In terms of the non-conventional stuff, I think Star Wars is almost guaranteed. Marvel and 20th Century stuff is kind of a toss-up though

In terms of sorta crazy predictions, I think we may finally get our Jungle Book world, but specifically the live action incarnation
All very good points, but I'm on the fence about the live action Jungle Book. It's not that I don't WANT it, but I have a feeling it'll be another Port Royale situation, where we can't get the voice cast to return because they're such high list celebrities (Baloo IS voiced by Bill Murray of Garfield fame) so we get soundalikes. True, it would be a different case this time as most of the cast are realistic animals, but still.
(Plus, we'd miss out on Kaa, because the remake just glances over the serpent's importance. And I'd want a boss fight in the cartoon style so it can be justified as to why he's able to be incredibly long, it's a cartoon after all).

Alexxio M.

Awards
Question if we do happen to get a coco world do you think it'll happen during the movie or after. Personally I'm leaning on the former mostly because of spoilers chicherons second death and Xion's reaction to it in particular and Ernesto's darkness and the family dispute that resulted from it being the most likely thing that draws the heartless to the world in the first place. What do you guys think?

horto12485

Awards
We're not done with classic 2D worlds, guys. We weren't done with them in III, and seemingly so in IV if Olympus's Underworld is confirmed. Just because KHIII's worlds were more thematically selected to be PIXAR / computer animated worlds, like KHII did for the Renaissance films, doesn't mean they have no hope in ever returning and wowing us with their new designs.

As for me, I don't care what shows up. They have subverted and dashed expectations based on how the property is implemented. Couldn't exactly have predicted The Caribbean world to rock mine like it did.

Luca was precious, though. If they can cook up something without a stereotypical, magical villain (a la Tremaine), then I'd want to see how that looks.
I agree we do need more 2D Worlds like Treasure Planet, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Emperor's New Groove, even The Sword in the Stone

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I certainly hope we still get 2D worlds. I just feel like with KH's increased popularity and fanbase they'll want to use it more to promote more recent Disney films and projects. I'm dreading the possibility of the Live Action remakes. I recently watched remake Aladdin last weekend. No! I don't want it in KH! I will kick and scream in protest!

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I certainly hope we still get 2D worlds. I just feel like with KH's increased popularity and fanbase they'll want to use it more to promote more recent Disney films and projects. I'm dreading the possibility of the Live Action remakes. I recently watched remake Aladdin last weekend. No! I don't want it in KH! I will kick and scream in protest!

I share this sentiment wholeheartedly. If Aladdin along with his world indeed makes a return, it better be the animated one! On a side note, I have to say again that the live action Jafar is one of the lamest villains I have ever seen in any movie or TV show up till now. What an injustice to such a great Disney villain.

Alexxio M.

Awards
I agree we do need more 2D Worlds like Treasure Planet, Atlantis the Lost Empire, Emperor's New Groove, even The Sword in the Stone
Treasure planet please Jim’s journey just fits with so many of the characters Roxas, Xion and Skuld in particular it’ll be interesting to see how the space pirate aspects of the film are effected by the world order and if I were to choose which group would go on the RLS it would have to be the Sea salt gang so much potential can be reaped from the interactions between the sea salt quartet and Jim alone Comedy, Action and development wise that it be a shame if they didn’t use it.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Treasure Planet I think was suppose to be in Dream Drop Distance but was cut out. Maybe it can finally have an appearance in KH4.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I would be surprised if we get a classic Disney movie like Robin Hood considering the current way KH series is, a very welcome surprise. Gargoyles would certainly throw me in for a loop if the developers actually reconsider bringing that to KH as well.

ReverieoftheHeart

Awards
Worlds are chosen based on how they can represent the greater story and typically directly reflect on to Sora (sometimes Riku). But KH4 feels like new territory, so I'm not sure what direction we're going. I think Sora's ever growing darkness, will be evident, maybe memory loss, and separation seems likely.

That one scene could definitely be Star Wars and you could hit any of those themes with that franchise. Maybe we'll get another Pixar world. I've heard people mention Soul, which thematically could work but idk about it working overall. I think Coco, and Inside Out could be a possibility. Thor could work due to him being a fallen God, and the loss he deals with but we kinda have that with Olympus. And honestly I'd prefer Marvel and KH to stay far away from one another.

As for returning worlds...not sure. Nomura implied that Quadratum would be a home base while you visit other worlds so I suspect that means they'll be in the other reality. Unless you play as other characters in the realm of light and go back and forth?

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm hoping for Raya and the last dragon, there are certain similarities to kingdom hearts, like people fighting over the light like in Kairi's grandmother's story, shadow type monsters roaming around, and Raya being the princess of heart, maybe a princess of heart maybe not, and maybe it ties back to the first keyblade war.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Concerning new 2D worlds, my hopes would be Treasure Planet and Emperor's New Groove. Especially the latter setting would be so much fun, and I feel like the writing lends itself to Kingdom Hearts beautifully - a boss fight against Yzma would eat. As for returning worlds, I really want Hunchback of Notre Drama (aka La Cité des Cloches) to return. I feel like the world and story were a waste in DDD, I liked the world design but didn't enjoy the story at all. I really want it to get the huge world treatment. Another world I would love to visit again in the new engine is Atlantica, I think it would look beautiful, don't particularly hate underwater controls either. I thought the world was charming in both KH1 and KH2.

As for CGI movies, I would like for Tangled (Kingdom of Corona) to return. There is so much story to pull from from the Disney+ show, I'd love it. Regarding new movies, I definitely would love to see a Inside Out world as well as Encanto. Imagine having the magical family as party members, it would be so cool imo.

I do believe we have to get an obligatory life-action world, I wish for it to be a returning Space Paranoids/Grid. If not that, then maybe Wonderland and delve into the life-action movie plotline?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't think the series is finished with its traditional roster of worlds for the entire series going forward, but seeing the huge deal about Sora being trapped in another realm, and it being hyper realistic...it almost feels absurd to suggest that we'd be going back to cartoony or traditionally animated worlds for this one.

Like, it undercuts that huge tonal shift. Oh gosh! Sora is real for real! And this world is another reality! and the plot of the game is going to deal with themes of perspective and death and reality and what is and isn't real! I can't see them tackling that stuff and using, like, Aladdin or Frozen as the background.

Back