• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D's Battle System?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustDarkMemories

So I've seen a few DDD gameplay videos and the battle "thing" to the left looked like the command board, but with 2 visible slots. After some posting here, you guys told me it's not the command system.

So could you give me a general idea of what it is? Because if it's not the command system, what could it be?

Here you can see the system:
[video=youtube;ozhK-RLgOd0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozhK-RLgOd0[/video]

billyzanesucks

Well, as I said, the battle system is an evolution of the Command system, so it's somewhat similar. You still use commands. I'm not sure if you know about Reality Shift, Dual Link and Free Flow, so I'll tell you:

Reality Shift: find a node somewhere to activate it. Draw lines between nodes on the touch screen to send yourself flying along that path (I'm not sure this is how it works all the time, as the ability is named "Holy Rope").

Dual Link: use your allies to perform special abilities or gain power-ups.

Free Flow: press Y to interact with nearby objects. You can bounce off walls, swing off pulls, and ride rails. It also allows you to use special attacks.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
When did people tell you it wasn't the command system? DDD utilizes an updated command system.

If I were to guess, people said it wasn't the command "board". The Command Board was a minigame in BBS.

Zul

Awards
When did people tell you it wasn't the command system? DDD utilizes an updated command system.

If I were to guess, people said it wasn't the command "board". The Command Board was a minigame in BBS.

^
|

That's likely the case, people misreading command board as command system. Square generally likes to try something new each game, so I don't think they will have a command board either.

They'll still probably have some form of "coliseum" type of world. (Or at least I hope they do :s).

Number Zero

Dual Link apparently works differently for Riku and Sora. Sora's allows him to tag-team with his dream eater partners while Riku can do various command style-esque techniques such as Firestorm and Bladecharge.

Riku's got a different form of Dark Breaker, this allows him to perform a slah of first darkness, then light.

Seeing as how they know moves like Aerial Slam, Cura and Blizzaga toward the begining of the game we can probably expect Sora and Riku to use moves such as Firaga Burst, Mega Flare, Raging Storm or Trinity Limit. Maybe even some ultimate moves of their own.

I like to believe that before this game is over they'll have all manner of skills to back up with their raw power. They'll be just as able as TAV once they get towards the ending. That IS the main point of this game, to have their powerful self-taught moves be mixed with proper Keyblade training.

The possibilities simply have me excited!!

Though, I have to question as to whether or not they'll retain everything they've taught themselves in the Real Realm when they return from the dream realm.

The y button feature is...Interesting. Whether or not it's just a perk of 3DDD or possibly to be used in KHIII, I'm not sure. But Nomura did say this game would be opening a new chapter in KH gameplay. We'll just have to see.

In short, you can expect this game to be just as kick-ass as Birth by Sleep. But what will be more rewarding will be that this game actually furthers the story along rather a prequel.

Last edited:

StVen

I think there will be like a battle between dream eaters too?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

axel95

Awards
Very misleading title, but I haven't heard of 3D's battle/command system yet, so thanks to billyzanesucks!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

In this corner, weighing 375 lbs, with a record of, 17 rapes, 400 assaults, and 4 murders, the undisputed, most diabolicol villain in the world, Wandyan!!!!! Sorry for getting off subject.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
In this corner, weighing 375 lbs, with a record of, 17 rapes, 400 assaults, and 4 murders, the undisputed, most diabolicol villain in the world, Wandyan!!!!! Sorry for getting off subject.
And in this corner... weighing in at 1 pound, with no record to speak of... this is it's first match, everyone! Please welcome.... Kumapanda!!​

FIGHT!!​

LucasDraleau

And in this corner... weighing in at 1 pound, with no record to speak of... this is it's first match, everyone! Please welcome.... Kumapanda!! FIGHT!!

Next Match: (1 Week Later) After a landslide victory over Kumapanda last week, who, for the record, is still out cold, Wandyan moves on to the next match against the most badass Dream Eater of all Nekocat, the 10 gram midget Dream Eater, with a record of 4780 rapes, 45680 assaults, and 567 murders. (Nekocat's been in this business for a long time.)

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
How is this off-topic?

We're discussing the possible PvP Dream Eater arena and fun we'll have with it! XD

LucasDraleau

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't know if anyone else noticed that picture, but it has Sora's Dream Eater vs. Riku's Dream Eater. Foreshadowing of Sora vs. Riku Battle, maybe?

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Maybe. I'm posting this here since it's relevant to the battle system.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well the Dream Eaters do aid your growth...
and yeah, I just wrote that in this window. :3

LucasDraleau

Maybe. I'm posting this here since it's relevant to the battle system.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Well the Dream Eaters do aid your growth...
and yeah, I just wrote that in this window. :3

That's pretty awesome and, from what we know so far, completely true. Plus, now that I think about how the Dream Eaters function and their abilities, Pokemon are about the only other things that seem similar enough to compare the Dream Eaters to.

Last edited:

JustDarkMemories

That's pretty awesome and, from what we know so far, completely true. Plus, now that I think about how the Dream Eaters function and their abilities, Pokemon are about the only other things that seem similar enough to compare the Dream Eaters to.

Imagine a KH game with a Pokemon world or Pokemon summons... AWESOMESAUCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back