• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Will Not Be Released Digitally!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD Digital release

all it needs is 3D.

And the appropriate changes to the system to make it utilize the second screen among other things.

And it would be cheaper than an HD port.

Not really. Making things into 3D properly probably requires more time and energy than optimizing graphics.

Plus it would reach that wider audience everyone complained the game couldn't get to.

3DS is not the system for reaching out to a wider audience, especially since it has a small userbase at the current time. No doubt that will change in the coming years, but right now? No. PSN is used by more people than Nintendo's eShop and the 3DS, so it would fulfill whatever task you'd want a 3DS port to do.

Lastly.. a chance for an english final mix version

Okay.

anime10121

Awards

But wouldn't te games be stored on your SD card in your 3ds? So the system wouldn't necessarily get rid of your game.

They are stored on your SD card but even still the games are tied to the one 3DS they were downloaded on, so even if you insert the card in another 3DS you cannot play the game.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

Not a fan of digital copies and since I didn't even know the 3DS uses an SD card, I don't think I'll be downloading it. Not after all the trouble I had with memory in the PSP, though it's most likely different in the 3DS.

But if I were to buy the game, I'd get it physically just so that I could see that beautiful artwork sitting on my bookshelf every day. <3
This, I just love the artwork~

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Well I'm just gonna get a physical copy for the box art lol

TreeFiddy

Will it be available at midnight?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Mark of Mastery Edition for me. Gotta have all those extra KH goodies.

Lady-Lee

Awards

Im going to completely pay on my MoM edition, so physical copy it is. I'm not exactly a big fan of digital downloads.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You don't pay tax or the gas to go to the store to buy the game. So in a way online is cheaper.
But you do to go to the store and buy Nintendo EShop cards if you don't have a credit caard. So, go to the store, buy gas, purchase eshop card instead of actual game, travel back home, type in code, download it for a few hours and then play.

Or travel to store, buy gas, buy the game there, play it there or drive home and play it immediately.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Above, anime10121 posted that Iwata said digital and physical would cost the same, so either way, it's 39.99 for the game.

I don't think the digital release is for KH fans or people who preordered it or are definitely getting the game. I think it is more for post-release, to tempt people into buying it. After one of my psychology professors taught us about how product placement goes into a store's profit, I think it applies to that. By having KH available to download at any time, no matter where you are, it can be really tempting. For people who have money to burn and are sitting home doing nothing one day, they might be tempted to buy a game (the KH demo allows you to try it). If the person likes the demo enough, the game they want is RIGHT there to buy, that is extremely tempting. Although downloading would take a few hours, it is already bought by that time so it would be too late to back out, I think it's a good business plan on Nintendo's part.

I hope too many people don't pirate the game. But apparently Nintendo's network is more secure than Playstation's, so I don't feel like it will be as big a problem as BBS might have been if it had been released digitally.

I haven't heard anything about being able to share 3DS EShop games? Is that even possible yet since I know the 3DS has yet to be hacked.

But you do to go to the store and buy Nintendo EShop cards if you don't have a credit caard. So, go to the store, buy gas, purchase eshop card instead of actual game, travel back home, type in code, download it for a few hours and then play.

Playing the game immediately is what people usually do...LETS ALL BE HIPSTERS!!!! Plus, patience is a virtue.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Apparently a big whoops was made during the Software Showcase. As of right now, only first-party games will be released on the eShop. This means that Kingdom Hearts 3D will not be available for digital download from it.

Source

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

Apparently a big whoops was made during the Software Showcase. As of right now, only first-party games will be released on the eShop. This means that Kingdom Hearts 3D will not be available for digital download from it.

Source

Looks like I made the right decision to preorder

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Darn. Well I planning to buy it physically anyway, but hopefully sometime in the future it will get a digital release. Square Enix love releasing stuff digitally now

ShailsTDSPT

Good thing my closest GAME store is selling it (Portugal) otherwise I would rage like hell at Square Enix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back