• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Will Not Be Released Digitally!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

totalkhfan

Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD Digital release

It'll be out soon enough. We don't have long until the actual game, so the demo should be out pretty quickly.
Yeah. I'm just hoping it'll come out before the game actually comes out, and not like in August or whatever because I'm getting my pre-ordered copy like the first week of August, so I don't want the demo to go to waste.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

A bit off topic, but since Disney seems to be a bit more lax with digital releases, It'd be great if they make their older games like Castle of Illusion available digitally somewhere down the line. (Especially with Power of Illusion coming out pretty soon.)

I kind of hope they do even though Power of Illusion isn't directly a sequel to Castle of Illusion, I would hope Disney would allow you to see its inspiration and play it as well.

I just hope there's a nice gap between when the demo is released and the game itself is released cuz I would like to get a sample of it asap lmao

Define "nice gap" because if nice gap is a week at best, then sure. Most demos don't come out that far before the games release because they don't want players to get tired of the demo and feel like the game itself won't have much else to offer. Considering the game is coming out in Europe first, I wouldn't be shocked if they released the demos in both regions simultaneously so maybe for the US the demo will come out a day before or a few days before July 20th...that is at best in my opinion.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

If the actual game comes out for digital release around the same time as the normal release Im canceling my preorder and buying it digitally

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I just hope there's a nice gap between when the demo is released and the game itself is released cuz I would like to get a sample of it asap lmao
The Dissidia Prologue came out one day before Duodecim was released.... In Australia.

anime10121

Awards

I can't go into complete detail, but there are two ways to download games: The store (Game Stop) or on the online shops (PSN, XBox Live, and E-shop)
I know, I get that, what I'm saying is why go to a store and buy a card with a code when you still have to be at home to download it, when you could just buy it at home on the eshop, and download it without ever leaving the house.
For players that don't have a credit account or want to go through the trouble of purchasing several cards. Also, downloadable games are usually cheaper than physical copies, so some players may want to sacrifice the cartridge, instruction booklet and case for a cheaper copy they can always retrieve and re-download if it gets deleted.

That I can understand, about the credit card issue. The thing is though Nintendo has already said they dont see the difference between retail/download and that both will cost the same on 3DS. Heres a link with Iwata saying it

Iwata Defends Identical Digital and Retail Prices - Nintendo Life

So in this case, I really dont see the benefit of going strictly digital, when you're paying the same amount and not getting any bonuses (such as ar cards and the like). And after issues with my DS breaking/hinges and what not, I have issues trusting downloadable anything on my 3DS because if it breaks, I have no way of retrieving my games/content. I mean they are a little better now that you can transfer purchases between Dsi/3DS, but your system still has to actually work for the transfer process to take place.

Awards

I know, I get that, what I'm saying is why go to a store and buy a card with a code when you still have to be at home to download it, when you could just buy it at home on the eshop, and download it without ever leaving the house.

That I can understand, about the credit card issue. The thing is though Nintendo has already said they dont see the difference between retail/download and that both will cost the same on 3DS. Heres a link with Iwata saying it

Iwata Defends Identical Digital and Retail Prices - Nintendo Life

So in this case, I really dont see the benefit of going strictly digital, when you're paying the same amount and not getting any bonuses (such as ar cards and the like). And after issues with my DS breaking/hinges and what not, I have issues trusting downloadable anything on my 3DS because if it breaks, I have no way of retrieving my games/content. I mean they are a little better now that you can transfer purchases between Dsi/3DS, but your system still has to actually work for the transfer process to take place.
But wouldn't te games be stored on your SD card in your 3ds? So the system wouldn't necessarily get rid of your game.

Key Wielder

Awards

Hmmm, interesting. I definitely like the idea because it will make the game accessible to people who don't really have the space to store game boxes, but I'll stick with the physical copy. I'm just a sucker for that box art. <3

Riku/Sora-Rule

Define "nice gap" because if nice gap is a week at best, then sure. Most demos don't come out that far before the games release because they don't want players to get tired of the demo and feel like the game itself won't have much else to offer. Considering the game is coming out in Europe first, I wouldn't be shocked if they released the demos in both regions simultaneously so maybe for the US the demo will come out a day before or a few days before July 20th...that is at best in my opinion.

A week is good for me lol, I'd prolly play the hell out of it in anticipation for the full game. And if it DOES come out on the 20th, that's 11 day before its release in the US, which means more fun longer hahaha, idk why but I luv demos

Xuchilbara

Awards
Website
soundcloud.com

If the actual game comes out for digital release around the same time as the normal release Im canceling my preorder and buying it digitally

LoL. Lazy Bones. Isn't that beautiful boxart and game manual worth getting out of the house? :p

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

LoL. Lazy Bones. Isn't that beautiful boxart and game manual worth getting out of the house? :p

Or he probably just wants the game and doesn't much care for the superfluous stuff.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

And it may be cheaper that way, too.

Above, anime10121 posted that Iwata said digital and physical would cost the same, so either way, it's 39.99 for the game.

It's more of a question of how you want it, not how you get it.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

You don't pay tax or the gas to go to the store to buy the game. So in a way online is cheaper. But I love my boxes and I'm a sucker for physical copies

Edit: Could this mean a BBS 3DS port is possible also?

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

I hope too many people don't pirate the game. But apparently Nintendo's network is more secure than Playstation's, so I don't feel like it will be as big a problem as BBS might have been if it had been released digitally. But if I were to buy the game, I'd get it physically just so that I could see that beautiful artwork sitting on my bookshelf every day. <3

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Good news for people who like digital things, but I like the case and the physical joy it brings to have it in my presence.
I hope that didn't sound too weird. xD

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

BBS would sooner go on the PSN before being ported to the 3DS

all it needs is 3D. And it would be cheaper than an HD port. Plus it would reach that wider audience everyone complained the game couldn't get to. Lastly.. a chance for an english final mix version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back