• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Will Not Be Released Digitally!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
3ds613.jpg

Nintendo Software Showcase
>Jun. 13 2012: Yes, Kingdom Hearts 3D and other games will be available for download on the eShop.
>Jul. 16 2012: LOL WE'RE KIDDING, Nintendo games only!

Source

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD Digital release

Well, nobody has hacked Nintendo's lower-profile network, while many have hacked Sony's high-profile PlayStation Network, I would say this is a good gamble, especially considering they may have learned their mistake from Birth by Sleep or you could always upload the game from the SD card to your computer if you lose the cartridge.

Last edited:

State

Awards

Well, nobody has hacked Nintendo's lower-profile network, and dozens have hacked Sony's high-profile PlayStation Network, I would say this is a good gamble, especially considering they may have learned their mistake from Birth by Sleep or you could always upload the game from the SD card to your computer if you lose the cartridge.

To support Square's post, SE's PSP titles are on the list of top pirated games with MILLIONS of downloads.

Baroque

I thought Disney was against digital distribution on the KH games. At least that's what I always heard when I asked why BBS wasn't on PSN. Maybe they've finally changed their stance on DD?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I thought Disney was against digital distribution on the KH games. At least that's what I always heard when I asked why BBS wasn't on PSN. Maybe they've finally changed their stance on DD?

Not really, but that's the general assumption. We don't know the specific reason.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I would assume the loading times would be faster and the game would run more seamlessly, no? They did say they had trouble putting everything on one 3DS cartridge, so I would assume the game to be pretty smooth.

anime10121

Awards

Sticking with the retail version. I need MAH box/book/cartridge!!!

Although its good that they have an alternative for those that like digital titles:p

anime10121

Awards

You should visit Gamestop more offen, they sell codes to download digital games, so no they will not be out of Buisness.

Never really understood that though, isnt that kind of defeating the purpose of the whole ease of download game thing. I mean whats the point in going to the store, buying the card, having to input code, and then downloading the game when you can just buy it at home and download it straight away. I really just dont get the point of selling downloadable game cards.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Never really understood that though, isnt that kind of defeating the purpose of the whole ease of download game thing. I mean whats the point in going to the store, buying the card, having to input code, and then downloading the game when you can just buy it at home and download it straight away. I really just dont get the point of selling downloadable game cards.

I can't go into complete detail, but there are two ways to download games: The store (Game Stop) or on the online shops (PSN, XBox Live, and E-shop)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

For players that don't have a credit account or want to go through the trouble of purchasing several cards. Also, downloadable games are usually cheaper than physical copies, so some players may want to sacrifice the cartridge, instruction booklet and case for a cheaper copy they can always retrieve and re-download if it gets deleted.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

That and it's always on your DS, you don't have to worry about carrying it around or anything.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

That and it's always on your DS, you don't have to worry about carrying it around or anything.

Also, if it gets deleted, you can re-download it from the Nintendo eShop menu for free, but in that case, you could use your SD card to give your friends free copies.

They must have a system for this.

UltimaJackpot

Also, if it gets deleted, you can re-download it from the Nintendo eShop menu for free, but in that case, you could use your SD card to give your friends free copies.

They must have a system for this.
3DS purchases are tied to the system alone, so I don't think you could share games that way like you could with PSP.

A bit off topic, but since Disney seems to be a bit more lax with digital releases, It'd be great if they make their older games like Castle of Illusion available digitally somewhere down the line. (Especially with Power of Illusion coming out pretty soon.)

totalkhfan

Does this have to do with demos in anyway shape or form? 'Cause at first it sounded like it did (which got me very excited) but now I'm not too sure.... Can somebody clear this up for me?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Does this have to do with demos in anyway shape or form? 'Cause at first it sounded like it did (which got me very excited) but now I'm not too sure.... Can somebody clear this up for me?

No, they're straight-up releasing 3DS games on the Nintendo eShop so you don't have to get a physical copy.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Oh okay. Thanks! So we still don't have any word on the demo yet, huh? That's too bad....

It'll be out soon enough. We don't have long until the actual game, so the demo should be out pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back