• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D went into the wrong direction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspenvenom619

The way I see it, is that within the RoL, Sora and Riku are unconscious during their test. It is their consciousnesses that are sent to Destiny Islands.

You can't have the body to travel through time. Sora and Riku's consciousnesses went through time to their past Destiny Islands selves before it was plunged into darkness.

That is why Sora and Riku appear as their younger versions, because it is their past selves traversing the RoS. It's their past selves with their present state of mind. Sounds a little confusing.....

It's starting to make more sense. Almost like a closed time loop, where even though all these characters are moving through time, the events were always meant to happen regardless of tampering. I still don't get how XH was able to hijack their consciousness and send them back in time though

Xigbar also mentions that there's a couple more hoops he has to jump through. The Org. XIII members present at the end are just consciousnesses as well, correct? If they all were returning to their own time at the end, I'm wondering how he's going to gather all these people a second time without it being a disaster.

TLDR KH3 needs to come out soon and it better deliver some closure for once

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I watched the scene like half an hour ago.

I thought they explained the time travel really well. And they even kept questioning whether or not Xehanort actually planned everything xD

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I thought they explained the time travel really well.

Well, they explained it alright.. but I'm not quite sure if I got it all lol

Like, I can see how Ansem SOD could travel through time, having no body whatsoever. What I don't understand is how YMX travelled through time and how Sora and Riku travelled through time.

The whole Xehanort stuff just kupos with my mind. Like, I think I understand what happened but then again, I have the feeling I'm not getting everything. This game just shouts 'kupo logic' to me xD

It's pretty ironic actually, for a game that was supposed to clear up everything, it sure made things a lot more complicated!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I didn't think of that, I was too busy thinking on how AWESOME that scene was!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Go ahead, just no spoilers, vague or not, in the title.

billyzanesucks

One thing that still confuses me is how YX was able to cross to this time when the Xehanort in his own timeflow didn't currently 'exist', since he had yet to reform.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
I was gonna make a summary of the story and then ask my question but holy crap, the more I wrote, the more convoluted it got. I'm just gonna ask the questions instead lol

billyzanesucks

I started watching the English version of TWTNW's cutscenes. That explanation about time manipulation felt much more comprehensive.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I do think they managed to explain it really well, as well as the probability of Xehanort planning everything.

State

Awards
Yeah, I do think they managed to explain it really well, as well as the probability of Xehanort planning everything.
Wait, so it's probable he planned it all? I thought it was official. Dx

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So I was continuing my chronological playthrough of the series yesterday, and I was at Timeless River and I just realized that Timeless River contradicts KH3D's explanation of time travel. According to YMX you have to discard your body to time travel yet Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Pete are able to go back to Timeless River all in physical form. And according to YMX you can't change the events of the future when you go to the past. However Merlin warned Sora, Donald, and Goofy of the temptation to change the future while in Timeless River, thus he obviously thought the future could be changed if you went to the past.

So yeah......Nomura may have screwed up on the time travel concept pretty bad...

MinerKing

So I was continuing my chronological playthrough of the series yesterday, and I was at Timeless River and I just realized that Timeless River contradicts KH3D's explanation of time travel. According to YMX you have to discard your body to time travel yet Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Pete are able to go back to Timeless River all in physical form. And according to YMX you can't change the events of the future when you go to the past. However Merlin warned Sora, Donald, and Goofy of the temptation to change the future while in Timeless River, thus he obviously thought the future could be changed if you went to the past.

So yeah......Nomura may have screwed up on the time travel concept pretty bad...

I'm fairly sure their time travel wasn't the same. They used a magic door or something in Kingdom Hearts II, right? From what I understand, the Xehanort time travel was done solo.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'm fairly sure their time travel wasn't the same. They used a magic door or something in Kingdom Hearts II, right? From what I understand, the Xehanort time travel was done solo.

It's still time travel though. The laws of traveling through time should be the same since YMX said time is immovable. Therefore one would think that Timeless River is a big contradiction because it breaks alot of the rules YMX spoke about. The most likely reason, Square simply forgot about Timeless River when they were making KH3D.

MinerKing

It's still time travel though. The laws of traveling through time should be the same since YMX said time is immovable. Therefore one would think that Timeless River is a big contradiction because it breaks alot of the rules YMX spoke about. The most likely reason, Square simply forgot about Timeless River when they were making KH3D.

I guess so. I just see it as Sora and company weren't actively time travelling. The way I see it, they just walked through a door that happened to lead to another period in time, where as Xehanort was like "Alright let's time travel!" Nomura is usually pretty careful about making sure past events somewhat coincide with new plot details. I doubt he just let this one slip.

aspenvenom619

I guess so. I just see it as Sora and company weren't actively time travelling. The way I see it, they just walked through a door that happened to lead to another period in time, where as Xehanort was like "Alright let's time travel!" Nomura is usually pretty careful about making sure past events somewhat coincide with new plot details. I doubt he just let this one slip.

Merlin creates a door that leads to the past of that world. And while in it, they're warned not to do anything that can alter the present. It completely goes against what KH3D was explaining. Not only that but there's still no good explanation on how sora and riku ended up at past destiny islands. To top off the whole thing, why is Ursula there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back