• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D tops sales charts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In all honesty I often ask myself a similar question. Yeah, it's common sense that the game comes out in Japan first since its Japanese-made, but if the game really sells so much more here, you'd think they wouldn't keep making us wait as long as we do at times. In this case, a smaller localization time, or even a global release, could definitely be justified. It's not like they haven't done it before with bigger games.

So hop off his ass, he's got a bit of a point.

They (if referring to the developers) maybe have that much of a say about that?
I don't know the exact process of localization but I tend to think it requires much more than just translating texts and hire voice actors.

---

On another note, I'm also playing with the thought of getting Kid Icarus.
While I never played the NES (or SNES?) variants of it the screenshots look reasonably funny and engaging. Controlling a somewhat cute looking angel kicking asses looks tempting as well.

iC3

Kingdom Hearts 3DS will TRIUMPH over any other 3ds video game in the market in Japan and in the U.S. Im a little bit skeptical & shocked from what Sign mentioned earlier, stating Kingdom Hearts is more popular in the NA, than in Japan. I instantly presumed the franchise was more popular in Japan, just from the sale ratings/numbers & just from the fundamental concept of the franchise. Sadly though, I believe that KH:3DS will not sell as well in the U.S. as it has done in Japan. Apparently, majority of KH american fans are not as devoted and entrusting as Square Enix intends them to be. Everytime when any new KH info is released and I look up on the information on any website (except for this one lol), all I hear is "KINGDOM HEARTS 3!!! Blah Blah Blah" -_-. I get so frustrated from that because most childhood KH fans are turning into unappreciative and infuriating "Lackeys" , thanks to there eagerness and impatience. I can't wait to see those "fans" faces when they play KH3 in anticipation and comprehension but wines up being "demented" and suddenly mad lol. Even though they'll be confused because they haven't played the other games to the foretell, its good to see we are still surprisingly still "LOYAL" to KH overall since america keeps asking for KH3. To sum it up, we will not be getting a lot of sales in the US for KH3DS thanks to our low 3DS sales, I believe :frown: but NA will thrash any other country in Market Sales when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, this I'm assured of!:biggrin:

KevVentus

In all honesty I often ask myself a similar question. Yeah, it's common sense that the game comes out in Japan first since its Japanese-made, but if the game really sells so much more here, you'd think they wouldn't keep making us wait as long as we do at times. In this case, a smaller localization time, or even a global release, could definitely be justified. It's not like they haven't done it before with bigger games.

So hop off his ass, he's got a bit of a point.

Why thank ya friend : )

Perhaps the longer waits are what drives up the sales in the US though... it's the perfect marketing scheme!

I'm interested in Kid Icarus, but I'd need to play a demo first... I had every intention of getting Metal Gear Solid 3D, but the controls really didn't work for me. I don't want to spend $40 on a game uncomfortable to play

And yes, it was for the NES. I believe there was a sequel on Gameboy too

iC3, I didn't fully understand where you were going with that post, but I appreciate the enthusiasm! Haha

iC3

Why thank ya friend : )

Perhaps the longer waits are what drives up the sales in the US though... it's the perfect marketing scheme!

I'm interested in Kid Icarus, but I'd need to play a demo first... I had every intention of getting Metal Gear Solid 3D, but the controls really didn't work for me. I don't want to spend $40 on a game uncomfortable to play

And yes, it was for the NES. I believe there was a sequel on Gameboy too

iC3, I didn't fully understand where you were going with that post, but I appreciate the enthusiasm! Haha

lol yeah sorry, I kinda let myself go on the keyboard but I was just basically saying possibly KH3DS will not sell as much in the US due to impatience of american fans but america will beat any other country's KH3 sales...hopefully. lol my guaranteed statement just suddenly went sketchy.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
lol yeah sorry, I kinda let myself go on the keyboard but I was just basically saying possibly KH3DS will not sell as much in the US due to impatience of american fans but america will beat any other country's KH3 sales...hopefully. lol my guaranteed statement just suddenly went sketchy.

On a joking side note, maybe that's also why the guys make the more exclusive stuff only for the japanese fanbase? Because US (and other western fans) are complaining too much?
Lol, jk.

As for something total different, is that a Code Geass-Signature?
I think I can identify Euphemia, Lelouch, Kallen, Suzaku and C.C.
Only the yellow one is tricky.

iC3

On a joking side note, maybe that's also why the guys make the more exclusive stuff only for the japanese fanbase? Because US (and other western fans) are complaining too much?
Lol, jk.

As for something total different, is that a Code Geass-Signature?
I think I can identify Euphemia, Lelouch, Kallen, Suzaku and C.C.
Only the yellow one is tricky.

Why yes it is Code Geass. I believe the yellow figure in the sig. is Lelouch's sister, Nanalie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-04/kingdom-hearts-3d-sells-213579-in-1st-week
Here's a link to an accurate list of the top 20 sells during the release of Kingdom Hearts 3DS

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

iC3

Idk how more accurate you get than 4gamer @_@ AnimeNewsNetwork is just pulling that data from 4gamer or some Japanese site.
Yeah I know, I just came across it and was just throwing my considerate two cents in the forum. It was nothing that much significant and different from the information already known.

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Seriously, the ratio of people i see with regular DS to 3DS is like 123453234532134:1. i have seriously never seen anyone with a 3DS. friends of mine have multiple DS's. they are cheap now and have a shiet load of games released for them. i think sales will increase over time but no where near the sales of the regular DS franchise

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Seriously, the ratio of people i see with regular DS to 3DS is like 123453234532134:1. i have seriously never seen anyone with a 3DS. friends of mine have multiple DS's. they are cheap now and have a shiet load of games released for them. i think sales will increase over time but no where near the sales of the regular DS franchise

I have a handful of friends with a 3DS. But mostly yeah, not many people have one. I see one or 2 people at my local mall with them, or rather I streetpass with them sometimes. However, I want to an anime convention a few weeks ago, and a lot of people had them. But that was the first time I had ever seen so many people with them :p (I streetpassed over 200 times, it was awesome :p)

But still, the 3DS has nothing on the DS in terms of sales right now. But that is to be expected...

KevVentus

I've yet to see another person with a 3DS in my life : /

My StreetPass feature is practically useless... : P

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It did so amazingly well ;A;

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I feel so proud for it, as if it were my own child who is graduating from Harvard :')

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
That is true, but a LOT of people are holding out on a 3DS until KH comes to the US. I know plenty of people that waited to buy a 3DS until the new Kid Icarus was released. It's the same for the Vita. I don't plan on getting one until Gravity Daze or, if longer, a FF Type 0 port hits the US.

KH Warrior

Well percentage wise, I guess BBS got about 31% of psp owners and 3D got about 28%. Just did some simple math so I'm not sure if it's right, just a rough estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back