• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D, Tetsuya Nomura, full interview.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DChiuch

Website
www.danielchiuchiarelli.com
07/29?????????? ??????????KH????????? | ReBirth Wings

ReBirth Wings have posted an interview with Tetsuya Nomura from Dengeki magazine. Here is a rough translation of the major points:

- KH3D was created after Nintendo approached Tetsuya Nomura. Nomura has a unique idea for this game.
- KH3D will occur in the same timeline as current games.
- The two main characters will be Sora and Riku. Throughout the game, the two appear to be "alternating", creating a system of two people.
- This story is full of mystery, and will be beyond expectations. Due to the timeline, players will have to think hard about the idea, as to not be fooled.
- The player will realise the scenario in time, but for the meanwhile it will be a mystery twist.
- Nomura cannot reveal more information at this time.
- The 3D system will be taken advantage of, but more cannot be said at this time.
- The theme of the game is "trust".

Source: KH13.com

Wheels

Hmmm, trust huh? That brings to mind Riku ditching the Islands again, out of guilt at seeing all his friends and the home he destroyed, and Sora chasing him to bring him back XD

Ahhhh random sugar high ideas

Anyways, nice find ^_^

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
- KH3D was created after Nintendo approached Tetsuya Nomura. Nomura has a unique idea for this game.

Okay.

So from BBS to Re:coded.

- The two main characters will be Sora and Riku. Throughout the game, the two appear to be "alternating", creating a system of two people.

Like Re:com i suppose.

- This story is full of mystery, and will be beyond expectations. Due to the timeline, players will have to think hard about the idea, as to not be fooled.

Interesting.

- The player will realise the scenario in time, but for the meanwhile it will be a mystery twist.

Okay.

Figures.

- The 3D system will be taken advantage of, but more cannot be said at this time.

I was expecting that.

So they finally bring "Trust" into the play. Something between Sora and Riku probably.

Anyway....nice find thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Radon

mofo
Like Re:com i suppose.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Sora living Rikus memories which DiZ placed in him while dreaming during CoM. I was thinking then it would be you playing as Riku but then swapping into Sora kind of like Xions nightmare in Days, but Soras swapping pretty much all the way through the game.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
I was thinking something more along the lines of Sora living Rikus memories which DiZ placed in him while dreaming during CoM. I was thinking then it would be you playing as Riku but then swapping into Sora kind of like Xions nightmare in Days, but Soras swapping pretty much all the way through the game.

I see, i don't find it a bad idea at all and it has potential. The only problem is that we don't know exactly the timeline because he said "current games" the current games are BBS and Re:coded...

seifbugazia

Nice Nice theory, its the most ligical one i've heard so far & plus this can explain at which time 3d is taking place. what if 3d stands for 3 dreams

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I see, i don't find it a bad idea at all and it has potential. The only problem is that we don't know exactly the timeline because he said "current games" the current games are BBS and Re:coded...
If you're saying then that it's either going to take place ten years ago or after KH II....well, neither is likely. Unless it's a data world.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Very interesting. And the theme is "trust"? That's interesting too. I thought the theme might go along with BBS's theme of bonds.

So since the theme of this game is "trust", it remind me of Xemnas' battle quotes to Sora and Riku in KH2.

"Sora, are you sure you can trust Riku?"

"Riku, are you sure you're not jealous of Sora?"

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
07/29?????????? ??????????KH????????? | ReBirth Wings

ReBirth Wings have posted an interview with Tetsuya Nomura from Dengeki magazine. Here is a rough translation of the major points:

This we now.

I guess we won't know the time fram off the bat?

Bring on the mind fcuk! >_<

:p

That's good to know.

Just because I think it'ed make an interesting twist, some thing happens that makes Sora Riku and Kairi want to end their friendship. Not likely to happen (or is it >.> <.<) but dibs on it any way!

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Very curious to see how Nomura handles the theme of "trust" for this game. It's a positive word (IMO), but when thinking of how it can be used in the game as the theme, it immediately sends a rather dark theme in my mind (not that I mind. >:3) It seems like Sora and Riku's friendship (maybe even Kairi's too, somehow) will be put to the test.

Right now, I'm thinking of that trust game when a person falls backwards, relying blindly on trust that their partner will catch them from behind. Maybe, since it appears that we alternate between Sora and Riku through out the game, something's going on that both are relying on each other to accomplish something so that both can progress?

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
"Trust".....I wonder how that will be implemented into this game.

Because so far, the themes have been; bonds/friends and memories.
So this should make it better IMO.

(I'm beginning to sense an overall series theme, but I'm not sure yet.)

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I wonder who the antagonist will be.

Indeed. Probably Apprentice Xehanort, but then again, he'd have to survive for KH3, if he's the antagonist... hmmm.... maybe it's someone new? The English Secret Boss from the BBS E3 trailer, perhaps?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Trust, huh? It'd be interesting to see what Nomura will do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back