• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Screenshots + Voice Actor Confirmations!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
david-gallagher-and-the-vampire-diaries-gallery.jpg

damn, i'm asexual and even I think this guy is hot. XD

Riku/Sora-Rule

Alright whatever, you say they don't look alike, I see the resemblance. What would you have said if I asked why they had David voice ANY amount of lines for YMX?

Well it's not THAT silly to say two actors were bad, considering they were 2 of the 3 main characters of an entire game, so yeah it's not that silly to say they were terrible, and being apprehensive of new actor because of that fact. Not that silly, it means square has made some really poor decisions and most likely will continue to make more.

I never had a problem with Diskin, my problem was the fact that ppl kept saying I was getting butt hurt about David not doing it. I was just making it clear I have NO problem with him, his voice sounds great in the trailer.

But remember this is all my opinion, basically everyone here is giving opinions, so really arguing about it really pointless cuz clearly no one is going to shake another person's opinion on something, you Happen to like Epcar, I don't simple as that

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
What would you have said if I asked why they had David voice ANY amount of lines for YMX?

David Gallagher said:
I'm more than willing to work on another game or come in and help out if they need an extra voice. And their last game they just did that is still not out, I actually voiced an extra small piece for them that they needed, and I was so excited to be able to do it. "Xehanort". I did a young Xehanort voice, and I'm sure when you play the game that it'll sound just like me because I haven't got my voice acting down, being multiple people.

ya know sign, i wish more people would read that transcript of yours, it pretty much has all the answers to this

it's simple, really. they had no one on tap for such a minor role in BBS (it's one line), so David thought he'd help out because they needed that one line. They didn't plan on keeping him on board for YMX, just as Riku. It was a one-time thing, and nothing more.

Since YMX is such a major character in 3D, they actually had to get someone unique to voice the part. It wasn't a matter of an "extra voice" as it was in BBS, this time it was a full-fledged role.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Alright whatever, you say they don't look alike, I see the resemblance. What would you have said if I asked why they had David voice ANY amount of lines for YMX?

Because for whatever reason they were unable to get a new voice actor to record his line for the Japanese version, they thought it'd be best to match it in English for consistency. Why they didn't do that in Japan could be due to a variety of reasons, such as time constraints, money, the voice actor not being available, they didn't decide on one yet, the scene being a last minute addition (just like the David's request to record that line), etc. It's not rocket science.

They don't look alike at all, and you're seriously grasping at straws if this argument has gone on so long with so many people with you having yet to provide good substantial reasoning for their supposed physical similarities.

Well it's not THAT silly to say two actors were bad, considering they were 2 of the 3 main characters of an entire game, so yeah it's not that silly to say they were terrible, and being apprehensive of new actor because of that fact. Not that silly, it means square has made some really poor decisions and most likely will continue to make more.

I'd love to see you do better.

I never had a problem with Diskin, my problem was the fact that ppl kept saying I was getting butt hurt about David not doing it. I was just making it clear I have NO problem with him, his voice sounds great in the trailer.

Glad you finally said so after accusing everyone else of not being fans of David for all this time because we felt Diskin was fine.

But remember this is all my opinion, basically everyone here is giving opinions, so really arguing about it really pointless cuz clearly no one is going to shake another person's opinion on something, you Happen to like Epcar, I don't simple as that

Take your own advice. You started this mess, you might as well learn from your mistakes.

tl;dr - how about those screenshots 8D

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
i think it's funny my post said "ya know sign" and then you posted right after me XD

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
tl;dr - how about those screenshots 8D

They look awesome, while playing Days I always had trouble figuring out which pixel was Roxas.
These screen shots look a lot truer to what the game is like then the earlier pictures we got. They might even be on-par with BBS's graphics

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Alright whatever, you say they don't look alike, I see the resemblance.

Yet you continue to neglect to tell us where the resemblance is.

It is silly for the reasons I pointed out. Not only is that too small of a number to make anything out of it, but it is in no way an indication of other new voice actors.

I personally didn't think Aqua's and Terra's VAs to be that bad.

That's nice and all, however, you're the one who keeps insisting on these things. It's fine if you don't like Epcar, but keep things civil and don't continue to push your own opinion in a dissonant manner if you really feel that way about this.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I have never owned one or planned to buy one, but those graphics on the PS Vita are even more impressive than the Xbox 360 (IMO)

I'm not comparing (or generally talking about) the graphic engines of all gaming systems. Oh, DrHillboy... xD

Impressive graphics are impressive. Also, Riku's Grid gear. <3

11.jpg

I would love flourescant, reflective Spirit/Nightmare stickers to slap on the back of a t-shirt, bike frame or skateboard for those late night rides. (Attn: Squeenix Merch)

Riku/Sora-Rule

You have to be kidding me, I'm not pushing my opinion in a dissonant manner, i had an opinion that people starting attacking me and twisting what I was saying. I was never butt hurt or anything. simply I see resemblance in the facial features of YMX and Riku. The chin, the nose, the shape of the eyes. Just different colored eyes, darker skin, and a different hairstyle. So from that I WONDERED why they didn't keep to the trend of having the same VA for those characters. Yeah ok so David admits he doesn't have much range. Neither does Jesse McCartney or Haley Joel Osment. Jesse sounds exactly the same with Ven and Roxas, Haley tries but his voice is too distinctive to ignore the fact that it's the same VA as sora.

Btw me saying I, me, myself, the person writing this, sees a resemblance does not mean I'm saying "hey idiots, look closer" I'm saying I see it. If you don't that's all on you.

About the number of people I pointed out, like I said considering they were main characters, maybe they should have tried a little harder. And I was just giving examples to prove why it COULD be bad. there are examples of it being good, but alot of examples of it being bad.

And this whole time I was saying I had no problem with Diskin, and if u mean that I was saying ppl weren't fans of David's when I said "ignorant hate" what I meant was there's a chance he could have been not bad as YMX, people stood up for Terra's VA saying he learned more and more and by the end was good, maybe David could have done the same.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Riku_KHII.png
Young_Xehanort_KH3D.png

i fail to see a comparison

if you were sincere when you said, "I'm not pushing my opinion..." you'd have dropped the matter several pages ago.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
You have to be kidding me, I'm not pushing my opinion in a dissonant manner, i had an opinion that people starting attacking me and twisting what I was saying. I was never butt hurt or anything. simply I see resemblance in the facial features of YMX and Riku. The chin, the nose, the shape of the eyes. Just different colored eyes, darker skin, and a different hairstyle. So from that I WONDERED why they didn't keep to the trend of having the same VA for those characters. Yeah ok so David admits he doesn't have much range. Neither does Jesse McCartney or Haley Joel Osment. Jesse sounds exactly the same with Ven and Roxas, Haley tries but his voice is too distinctive to ignore the fact that it's the same VA as sora.

Btw me saying I, me, myself, the person writing this, sees a resemblance does not mean I'm saying "hey idiots, look closer" I'm saying I see it. If you don't that's all on you.

ib12q51uu2SHpP.gif

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
The reason I kept going was cuz people just had to kupoing attack me on it, instead of just saying there is no resemblance em getting ppl talking down to me left and right. kupo you all

Sometimes when you feel like you're being attacked on all sides, it's best to be the bigger person and walk away. You don't always need to defend yourself, especially not when you feel like you've done nothing wrong.

Opinions are opinions, after all. Everyone has them, and there's no need to get so worked up over it.

Riku/Sora-Rule

But when someone's attacking over an opinion and I just want to explain myself but can't cuz ppl just keep going at it, that should considered a form of harassment. Disagreeing is one thing, talking down to me is a whole other damn story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back