• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Promotional Items in Japanese Stores!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Since this does take place in the Realm of Sleep and the worlds are dreams, I suspect that we can do like we did in Re:Coded and replay the stories.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re:Coded lets you replay through all the worlds anytime you want just like Days. Maybe DDD will too, eliminating this entire issue. For the record, I too save at my favorite parts so I can replay them anytime I wish.

This. Days' system was obviously not as fine-tuned as it's DS successor in terms of replay value, but it was on the right path. I really liked the implementation of the Questploration, Replay Episode, and Score Attack features Re:coded brought to the table. Re:witnessing your favorite cutscenes or re:fighting your favorite battles, that definitely made the games challenges much more bearable than starting a new game from scratch each time. ;p Kingdom Hearts has been relatively progressive, keeping new features that have worked more fluidly or better than previous ones (i.e. Theater Menu, Command Deck, etc.), there's no reason this won't continue. Re:coded's was so fine-tuned, in fact, that it was almost instant gratification for me whenever I wanted to replay anything. I didn't even need two save slots.

Considering all of the Nintendo titles thus far have a significantly low amount of save slots and that two (and moreover the recent two) out of the three Nintendo titles have these replay features, I think it's safe to say we'll have a similarly convenient feature installed.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Then play the games again, don't be lazy and just play your favorite part. Or wait, better idea... buy multiple copies.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and step away for a while. I'd suggest going on a nice walk :3

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Do you guys thhink the japan commerical will be arriving this weeks or next week
or mabey at the premiere event we have 29 days left

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Disappointed with the 2 saves.

Calm down, take a deep breath, and step away for a while. I'd suggest going on a nice walk :3
Hey that's my advice I give Rac7d when he says silly things.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yes. I am truly banking on this. Thanks for giving me some hope to cling to :D haha.

I have a strong feeling that there will be a way to replay each part of the story over and over again. Also, you stated earlier that you wished you could just boss-hop from one to the next. I would be shocked if they didn't include a way to re-verse the bosses in some sort of Colosseum-esque thing.

Mr Yippie

wow, really? that blows

that takes away all the aspects of different runs with different dream eaters entirely

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yet notice the difference in tone when giving the advice...
Lolololololololololololololol.I said the exact same thing as Sign said when you thought the 6 scientists were destroying our world, there was no difference in tone. It's only when Chaser's alter ego Snicks comes out that there is a difference in tone.

Welp, I guess this means I can't lend this game to my friends when I'm done. What a shame.

snow_flake40

Awards
I'd say you will be able to replay worlds like in Re:coded. It'd be silly for them nit to include that feature again. I'm also hoping that they'll keep the ability to change the game mode from Normal to Proud or whatever mid-game.

The_Dream_Shield

Website
backloggery.com
I don't mind two save files, usually I do many many playthroughs of a main KH, and this time I think my best friend will have at least the start of a playthrough while he is here, but this should be enough. Once I've beaten it, I don't mind if the file gets overwritten as much as I used to, I'll just make it a Hard mode playthrough and make it feel fresh I guess~

Those ad posters are nice~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not bothered by two saves. One is usually my main play and the other I just bum around in. If they only allow two slots, I'm sure there will be a way to replay worlds. Like a Dream Crux lolol

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
I'd prefer to have more than two saves to rebattle bosses and see my favorite cut scenes and such but I guess two isn't so bad. One for proud and one for critical.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think there's a good chance of replaying the worlds.
First off, they're dreams. We might be able to "redream" the world, so to speak, like with Re:coded.
Second, if I remember right, once we complete a world with one character, to make sure the plots don't get out of sync, the other character will be moved to the next world too. If we can't go back to the world, then we will miss key plot points for one character and that character will become underleveled.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think there's a good chance of replaying the worlds.
First off, they're dreams. We might be able to "redream" the world, so to speak, like with Re:coded.
Second, if I remember right, once we complete a world with one character, to make sure the plots don't get out of sync, the other character will be moved to the next world too. If we can't go back to the world, then we will miss key plot points for one character and that character will become underleveled.

Pretty sure they said you would either be stuck as one character until you can catch up with the other, or at the very least you can't do much else with the other character but walk around and grind levels or something until you catch up. It would be awful if they made you leave the world without finishing for the other character :/

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Pretty sure they said you would either be stuck as one character until you can catch up with the other, or at the very least you can't do much else with the other character but walk around and grind levels or something until you catch up. It would be awful if they made you leave the world without finishing for the other character :/

That would be very bad...I'm pretty sure they will make you wait, but I don't want to guarantee anything as the game isn't out. Also, it seems that in both Days and Re:Coded, to compensate for the low amount of save files, they implemented a way to revisit all the bosses and cutscenes, so I'm assuming they are well aware that people will want to replay parts of their game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You aren't necessarily stuck as a character. You just can't progress in their story if your other character is too behind. It's a way to ensure you play as both of them rather than trying to always play as Sora and never as Riku.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Two save slots should be good for me. One for my first play-through and another for a higher difficulty level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back