• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Novel Side Riku Cover Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wild guess but Zter seems to not have played KH3D or he'd actually know the answers to his unasked question. That said, Shiro Amano's art is perfect xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't see how the decision to have a character appear as their younger self when they have an entirely new design is lazy, but to each their own.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, I don't. Doesn't change the fact that it's lazy.

There are reasons as to why he looks like that. Ignoring the context doesn't change that and therefore it's not lazy just because someone says it is.

Zter

There are reasons as to why he looks like that. Ignoring the context doesn't change that and therefore it's not lazy just because someone says it is.

In other words; a reason to use the same model over again. Gotcha

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
He also is shorter in terms of height (in comparison to KH2 obviously) and has different clothes albeit similar. That is big enough of a difference.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
You're right. He just has shorter hair. Big difference.

3D doesn't take place that long after KH2/Re:Coded so even if they used an older model for Riku it would be the KH2 model anyway. They'd have to real finicky to make an entirely new Riku (and Sora for that matter) model just to show him a few weeks older. I guess it would have been worthwhile to see Riku 1/8 of an inch taller.

-----

Digressions aside...not that big of a fan of Amano's style. ^_^;
The style doesn't do it for me.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
That cover! <3
I just wish they would release the novels in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back