• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D nominated for Best Role Playing Game of E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'm pretty sure both Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 were not nominated for everything on the basis that there were no playable demos of either on the show floor, just videos. Which is unfair to every game there because a video can make anything look good because it may not reflect the final product.

I didn't see gameplay for Beyond: Two Souls.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
They disillusioned themselves with the idea of it, and a lot of casual gamers don't understand that handheld gaming can be just as fulfilling as console gaming. They see handhelds as something you can play games comparable to Angry Birds on, or Pokemon, or see them as childish.
Man, they're missing out on a lot. I thought BBS was the best in the series. I absolutely love TAV and Vanitas and MX to death. Besides Riku, Sora, and Braig/Xiggy, they're my favorite characters.

That is why it will be hilarious when they all get KH3 and have no clue who Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Master Xehanort, Xion, Vanitas, and Eraqus are and what is going on with the plot. "Sleep? Clones? Keyblade Masters? X-Blade? What the fuck is this? What are they talking about Realm of Sleep? Data in Sora? Sora has hearts in him?"
Lol, I can't wait for when they play KH3 and start raging about how it makes no sense. Which is what scares me about when KH3 is reviewed. Will the reviewers have kept up with the series themselves? Or are a lot of them the ones who complain about no KH3, ignored the "side" games, and will give KH3 bad reviews for its story because they were too lazy to play the entire series or at least look them up online?
I really hope it doesn't make KH3 badly looked upon. I mean, it's the gamers' own faults if they didn't take the time to look it up. That's what I did for Coded and have already done for 3D.
The complexity of the plot is what intrigues me about this series. I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I'm just not the type of gamer that expects to be given a gun, an objective, and to shoot people with little story to explain why.
But maybe that's because I'm a writer myself. AKA I know the immense effort that writers put into their work and thus appreciate KH for its, IMO, rich storyline.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Trust me, if casual fans don't even have the energy to understand that the the handheld games like BBS and DDD contain important knowledge for KH3, they won't be reading or paying attention to anything SE does to catch fans up on the series.

I have a strong feeling that SE knows that and because some of the past games (like Days) didn't do a fair job of recapping the series, KH3 will do an extremely good job of catching everyone up. They won't want to risk building up to this game for years and then have it be badly received because of something so trivial as not implementing something to catch people up. They could make a cutscene that recaps everything from the past games when you start the game that cannot be skipped. That would be one way to force people to be caught up and to avoid any potential bad reviews because they didn't do enough.

I really hope it doesn't make KH3 badly looked upon. I mean, it's the gamers' own faults if they didn't take the time to look it up. That's what I did for Coded and have already done for 3D.

The thing is, if SE does a poor job of recapping the series, KH3 will be looked badly upon. It was a problem that was pointed out for those who played Days, and for a game as big as KH3, it will definitely be a big factor for reviewers going into it because of KH's robust history and long time leading up to KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a strong feeling that SE knows that and because some of the past games (like Days) didn't do a fair job of recapping the series, KH3 will do an extremely good job of catching everyone up. They won't want to risk building up to this game for years and then have it be badly received because of something so trivial as not implementing something to catch people up. They could make a cutscene that recaps everything from the past games when you start the game that cannot be skipped. That would be one way to force people to be caught up and to avoid any potential bad reviews because they didn't do enough.

You know how pissed people will get for having recap scenes they can't skip? You won't just have casual fans upset, but the entire fanbase that has actually paid attention getting angry. That will only entice negative views because they were forced to sit through 10-20 minutes of a recap they didn't want. The recap would be done with more tact and appeal. Flashbacks and a menu that can be skipped or read at will just like how they were done in KH2 (also in example: MGS4 & FFXIII-2), but again, people who don't care will not put the effort into trying to understand. They aren't going to waste the time if they didn't already put in the effort in the past.

No amount of trying to force it down their throats will do any good. Either they have to be willing to pay attention, and the only thing that can be done is for SE to provide the tools for fans to recap without making it a mandatory thing.

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
No amount of trying to force it down their throats will do any good. Either they have to be willing to pay attention, and the only thing that can be done is for SE to provide the tools for fans to recap without making it a mandatory thing.

I forgot about how they recapped FFXIII in FFXIII-2, that was good. I think if they did something similar (like Memoirs too) that most people who play the games will end up reading through it. Most of my friends who like KH but don't keep up with the non-numbered titles are interested in what happened in between but are too lazy to read or watch videos online, but they will probably read anything put into KH3 like the Memoirs in DDD, and I think many casual fans will do the same who skipped the games. However, there will be that handful of people who won't bother going though any recap and those people will go complain on GameFAQs and Facebook, about it...but we should make a thread about any comments we see about people raging here, good for laughs :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Most of my friends who like KH but don't keep up with the non-numbered titles are interested in what happened in between but are too lazy to read or watch videos online, but they will probably read anything put into KH3 like the Memoirs in DDD, and I think many casual fans will do the same who skipped the games.

You have smart friends, and I wouldn't use them as the standard.

However, there will be that handful of people who won't bother going though any recap and those people will go complain on GameFAQs and Facebook, about it...

And they will be the most vocal group who will perpetuate any negative views of the game.

but we should make a thread about any comments we see about people raging here, good for laughs :)

No. We do not promote that kind of behavior at all, and if I do see a thread like that it is getting deleted.

kupo1121

Awards
You have smart friends, and I wouldn't use them as the standard.

Really? I know a lot of people who are like that...odd, must be something in the air on the east coast O___o I can't see many people seeing the recap option on the main menu, but choosing to skip over it thinking they'll understand it anyways...hmmmmm...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Really? I know a lot of people who are like that...odd, must be something in the air on the east coast O___o I can't see many people seeing the recap option on the main menu, but choosing to skip over it thinking they'll understand it anyways...hmmmmm...

How can you not? People don't buy games to read stuff; they buy it to play. That's why there are hundreds of thousands of KH fans who never read the Ansem/Xehanort Reports and continually ask a ton of questions that are answered by them. That's why we get idiotic people posting on forums and websites asking questions that are even answered in cutscenes, and convention panels that are extremely uninformed. Kupo, your ideal world is not as it seems.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Ooh, I happy now. Nominations mean publicity and maybe even a little more respect from people too "hardcore" for handhelds or KH (I wouldn't get my hopes up for the respect though). So happy =)

That is why it will be hilarious when they all get KH3 and have no clue who Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Master Xehanort, Xion, Vanitas, and Eraqus are and what is going on with the plot. "Sleep? Clones? Keyblade Masters? X-Blade? What the @#!*% is this? What are they talking about Realm of Sleep? Data in Sora? Sora has hearts in him?"

I can't speak for everybody, but when this happens, I'm going to laugh my head off like a maniac >=D

And since I was ninja'd.

How can you not? People don't buy games to read stuff; they buy it to play. That's why there are hundreds of thousands of KH fans who never read the Ansem/Xehanort Reports and continually ask a ton of questions that are answered by them. That's why we get idiotic people posting on forums and websites asking questions that are even answered in cutscenes. Kupo, your ideal world is not as it seems.

I read that sort of stuff! In fact, I printed off those reports from the main KHI site so I could have the KH1 reports that were only in the FM.

Sorax 122

I can't speak for everybody, but when this happens, I'm going to laugh my head off like a maniac

I'll be laughing too. I'm sure dozens of threads will pop saying why is this so confusing, stupid handheld games, and I'll just be laughing and going like
tumblr_lzal5687Fz1r4ie51o1_500.gif

kupo1121

Awards
How can you not? People don't buy games to read stuff; they buy it to play. That's why there are hundreds of thousands of KH fans who never read the Ansem/Xehanort Reports and continually ask a ton of questions that are answered by them. That's why we get idiotic people posting on forums and websites asking questions that are even answered in cutscenes, and convention panels that are extremely uninformed. Kupo, your ideal world is not as it seems.

The Ansem Reports are things that are nice but are absolutely necessary to read to understand the story as opposed to a recap of the series, which would be vital to understanding KH3. This knowledge that it is so important would cause some people who have missed many games to read them just to see what they missed. Not to mention, with the KH games recap, I think all the recaps of the games together would pale in comparison to the length of all the Ansem Reports together...also, my ideal world is just one long episode of Oprah ;D jkjkjk

theirlosthearts

Awards
Talking about a recap made me think of this, but wouldn't it be nice if KH3 had all the reports and maybe even cutscenes from all previous games? I know casual gamers probably wouldn't use anything like that, so it couldn't be used for a recap and probably will never happen, but that would be so nice. . . *sighs*

kupo1121

Awards
Talking about a recap made me think of this, but wouldn't it be nice if KH3 had all the reports and maybe even cutscenes from all previous games? I know casual gamers probably wouldn't use anything like that, so it couldn't be used for a recap and probably will never happen, but that would be so nice. . . *sighs*

I assume an HD collection will probably come out before KH3 in which case that would contain all the cutscenes from the games in the collection and all the Ansem Reports in those respective games so I doubt KH3 will need them.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I assume an HD collection will probably come out before KH3 in which case that would contain all the cutscenes from the games in the collection and all the Ansem Reports in those respective games so I doubt KH3 will need them.
Yeah, until fans see the HD collection and whine about it not being KH3 once again. Then, they will rage and possibly ignore buying the collection (a really, really stupid idea, IMO). And if they ignore the collection and only play KH3 a year or so later, then they'll be like, "Wah! I don't git eet! Why KH so confuse me!? Why it have big story that I don't want to take time to read even when it's handed to me on le silver platter!? Who eest Tara, Venny, and Agua!? Why Sora is a hotel!? Why is there an old dude as teh villain insted of duh Nobody guy who was in KH2!? Durr, I don't geet dis "Master" title thingamajig!? Kairi haz Keyblade nao!? What happed to Organization Tharteen!? Is Venny Rocksas' twin brudda!? Wao, Agua has big bewbs! Is Tara a gurl!? Why Riku cut hees hairs!? Whew's dat black haired dude that looks liek Sora? Is dat his brudda, too!?"
And then the fans who actually played the games and/or read and watched them online will majorly facepalm. I mean, I totally understand not wanting to buy a console for every single game in the series. I didn't; I don't have a 3DS. And I'm probably not going to buy one just for KH3D, which is one of the only games on the 3DS that interest me right now. I understand their mentality.
What I don't understand is why they think they have a right to complain when all of the information about the handheld KH's has been on the internet for years. What'll really make me mad is if reviewers and players ignore a hypothetical memoirs/theater option in KH3 and then dock it points in their opinions because the story was "too hard and complex to fathom and/or understand".
Grrr.... I'm sorry, guys, for complaining. I just needed to vent that out. I have bad PMS today and the thought of that small niche of retarded KH fans who ignore the apparent 'side stories' makes me rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back