• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D nominated for Best Role Playing Game of E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII member

I wanted to share this news with everyone that Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance has received a nomination as the best Role Playing Game at E3. Winners will be announced June 26.

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

RaginRiku

I also agree with Spock. It bugs me a bit though that DLC can be nominated because it does say "Best Role Playing Game." Then again, it is a decent sized story expansion, so I can see that side of it.

Seighart

Awards
I'm not even sure i'd say Kingdom Hearts is a mainstream game, but people are most likely to vote for the most hyped game...ahem Skyrim. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona won either since its one of the few rpgs out there that still do the simple turn based style game.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
I also agree with Spock. It bugs me a bit though that DLC can be nominated because it does say "Best Role Playing Game." Then again, it is a decent sized story expansion, so I can see that side of it.

If anything, I'd imagine Skyrim was up there for the publicity/hype/whatever.

Even with Skyrim out of the picture, the ratio between people excited for DDD and people who just want KH3 must be pretty uneven, so DDD's going to have a hard time winning some love either way.

Sorax 122

I'm not even sure i'd say Kingdom Hearts is a mainstream game, but people are most likely to vote for the most hyped game...ahem Skyrim. I wouldn't be surprised if Persona won either since its one of the few rpgs out there that still do the simple turn based style game.

I agree with KH not being exactly main stream. Most people i talk to don't even know what it is, or they just laugh at me. :(

axel95

Awards
Nice to see that it was nominated, but like everyone else has said, it doesn't stand a chance against Skyrim.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm shocked it was even nominated along with the likes of a game like Skyrim so I'm quite happy that it is at least there in the first place :)

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I'm shocked it was even nominated along with the likes of a game like Skyrim so I'm quite happy that it is at least there in the first place :)
Yeah, at least it made it into the nomination category; it gets some of the recognition it deserves. More casual fans who don't care about anything KH related besides their beloved KH3 and who ignore anything that doesn't have a number in the title won't help. Instead of seeing how great a game 3D is, they'll just mope about no third entry. :(
I don't know why a lot of them don't give any other KH game a chance.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I agree with KH not being exactly main stream. Most people i talk to don't even know what it is, or they just laugh at me. :(

That sounds terrible! :( KH is pretty popular where I live, I always get compliments when I where my shirts and stuff. And pretty much all of my friends have at least played 1 and 2. And a decent chunk still keep up with the series now.

But yeah, I agree, it is awesome it was even nominated :) But it's not going to win :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, at least it made it into the nomination category; it gets some of the recognition it deserves. More casual fans who don't care about anything KH related besides their beloved KH3 and who ignore anything that doesn't have a number in the title won't help. Instead of seeing how great a game 3D is, they'll just mope about no third entry. :(
I don't know why a lot of them don't give any other KH game a chance.

They disillusioned themselves with the idea of it, and a lot of casual gamers don't understand that handheld gaming can be just as fulfilling as console gaming. They see handhelds as something you can play games comparable to Angry Birds on, or Pokemon, or see them as childish.

That is why it will be hilarious when they all get KH3 and have no clue who Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Master Xehanort, Xion, Vanitas, and Eraqus are and what is going on with the plot. "Sleep? Clones? Keyblade Masters? X-Blade? What the fuck is this? What are they talking about Realm of Sleep? Data in Sora? Sora has hearts in him?"

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Maybe a little off topic but why wasn't Watch Dogs nominated for best original game?

I'm pretty sure both Watch Dogs and Star Wars 1313 were not nominated for everything on the basis that there were no playable demos of either on the show floor, just videos. Which is unfair to every game there because a video can make anything look good because it may not reflect the final product.

That is why it will be hilarious when they all get KH3 and have no clue who Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Master Xehanort, Xion, Vanitas, and Eraqus are and what is going on with the plot. "Sleep? Clones? Keyblade Masters? X-Blade? What the fuck is this? What are they talking about Realm of Sleep? Data in Sora? Sora has hearts in him?"

As much as I am waiting to see that, I almost know that it will never happen because SE will implement someway to catch up everyone so that they at least know the basics that must be known to get through the game. The little details they might be confused on, but for the most part, I think most people will be caught by something like the Memoirs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As much as I am waiting to see that, I almost know that it will never happen because SE will implement someway to catch up everyone so that they at least know the basics that must be known to get through the game. The little details they might be confused on, but for the most part, I think most people will be caught by something like the Memoirs.

Trust me, if casual fans don't even have the energy to understand that the the handheld games like BBS and DDD contain important knowledge for KH3, they won't be reading or paying attention to anything SE does to catch fans up on the series. There will be a flood of topics on forums asking questions about all of the stuff that we've known for years, and then fans and reviewers will complain about the ease of access in KH3 was bad for fans who didn't keep up with past games.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Kingdom Hearts should win though. I don't get why anyone even likes Skyrim, seriously that shit sucks.

Many thousands of gamers don't share your opinion, it doesn't matter if it wins, at least it was a nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back