• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

BBSV2 is the Mystery Game. The one that's been hinted at for years. He was most likely just saying that we don't know or understand much about the game at this point.

Yea, I thought after BBS he said that there is one game and a mystery title left before KHIII. Those would be 3D and BBS2. Hopefully BBS2 is FINALLY officially confirmed at the TGS as all we have about its existence is the secret movie in BBS, which is just a strong assumption at this point.

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

Why, Sakaguchi, why???? D:

As others have said before, Kingdom Hearts really isn't that complicated :/. Play the games in order, read the reports, watch the cut sences carefully, and you'll find it simple enough. Perhaps even abridge it (so people can explain it to other poeple easily). Or, just look up the story line on Wiki or something XD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: KH3D Demo Impressions

Now this thread is pointless considering half the of the pages aren't even on topic anymore lol xP I think that was Ethnic Woman's plot all along...so devious! >:D

siegleeagle

Re: KH3D Demo Impressions

This is old and I agree with ethnic woman that you should go to the other thread to talk about it and not create duplicate threads.

Able_Beard

Banned
So Nomura says this time it will be more complicated? WTF! And I hate that guy who gave him the idea. "Nah it's fine, people like when it's complicated!"

Also the whole cutscene thing is really interesting. It's different for Square to NOT want cutscenes involved.

Also Nomura seems really cocky about this one. Let's hope it does good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
KH isn't really all that complicated. i find the story a bit simplistic and obvious at times. I'm honestly hoping "confusing" means "deep" because that seems to be a better way to go with KH. "Confusing" "convoluted" "dark" aren't things that KH is or should be. If you piece the story together with what is given, (and the whole Star Wars influence) you should get the story.

Neptun

even though Kingdom Hearts isn't as complicated as people make it out to be, its medium just isn't suited for a complicated story. Kingdom Hearts is a video game in the first place and not a book, where you can go back some pages once you realise that back there was a foreshadowing for the main conflict right now.
in kingdom hearts this isn't possible however, you can only play through the complete game and then start a new game once again to connect everything, most people don't do this however just for the sake of plot.
also there's the whole deal with forgetting minor stuff over the years between the release dates of the games and of course the exclusive cutscenes for the final mixes.

vivi_07

*sigh*
I was really hoping that KH3 would have come out next year. It could have been like a 10 year anniversary from the first KH! That would have been cool! I wonder if Sora is gonna meet Aqua or Ven? Aaaah im so anxious to know whats gonna happen next! This is game is to epic!

Ikkin

Bronze Member
"Confusing" "convoluted" "dark" aren't things that KH is or should be.

Wait, what?

"Confusing" is one thing, but it'd be hard to argue that KH isn't convoluted (in the dictionary sense of "complicated and intricate") considering how extensive the explanation of why Namine and Roxas (don't) exist is.

And dark? That just comes down to how you define it. KH certainly puts its characters through enough outright awful and thoroughly undeserved stuff to qualify under some definitions. =/

AntiRiku*Axel

Well I think the demo impressions are looking promising. I thought the party members would be Ventus and Aqua, but then the article said "characters we haven't seen before (paraphrase)". Any thoughts on who these characters could be/relate to?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait, what?

"Confusing" is one thing, but it'd be hard to argue that KH isn't convoluted (in the dictionary sense of "complicated and intricate") considering how extensive the explanation of why Namine and Roxas (don't) exist is.

And dark? That just comes down to how you define it. KH certainly puts its characters through enough outright awful and thoroughly undeserved stuff to qualify under some definitions. =/

Those were just terms I've heard applied to KH inside and outside of the fandom.

I don't think the series is convoluted at all. It isn't a mindbonk like MGS and as long as you read the Reports and understand them in context with the events in the game, everything is pretty much laid out to the fans. My friend who hasn't played the games in years, after a quick explanation of who Xehanort is and his goals, pretty much pieced everything together in a matter of minutes.

And yeah, the characters do go through a lot of awful things. ): They get abused for our own entertainment. Even so, I still can't see the story as "convoluted". Especially since it follows the common shounen manga story map.

Number Zero

Well I think the demo impressions are looking promising. I thought the party members would be Ventus and Aqua, but then the article said "characters we haven't seen before (paraphrase)". Any thoughts on who these characters could be/relate to?

No idea. The fact that they're bringing in entirely 'new' characters worries me. I would have figured they'd have enough characters to flesh out considering TAV and RAX. The inclusion of new characters seems a bit much. Unless these new characters are from disney movies not yet used in this series. Taran (Black Caudlron) and Arthur (Sword in the Stone) seemed to me as good choices.

Cheaken

Awards
The new characters might not be that important. I'm guessing they might be a little more important than HPO were. But I think it's a little too late in the series for them to be key characters.

Number Zero

The new characters might not be that important. I'm guessing they might be a little more important than HPO were. But I think it's a little too late in the series for them to be key characters.

My thoughts exactly.

25 character rule...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My thoughts exactly.

25 character rule...

(against the rules to type that "25 character rule" thing, bro. You can get banned for that. There are correct ways of circumventing the character rule.)

Well, the interviewer said they were shocking. I'm guessing we might know them in some form and are either already key characters (or had a minor role before in another form) or really are new characters that will play some sort of role in 3D.

TotemoOishii

Well, the interviewer said they were shocking. I'm guessing we might know them in some form and are either already key characters (or had a minor role before in another form) or really are new characters that will play some sort of role in 3D.
Oh God, don't let it be another Roxas look alike >.< (Okay, I'm lying because I love Roxas and Ventus, but you can only use that card so many times)

I don't really care if new characters are introduced. KH seems to always have good characters no matter when they come in at. All I worry about is how it'll effect the gameplay. I like how in this game you can climb and jump around like a Sora Spidermonkey. Party members may get in the way of that enjoyment. I can remember several occasions in KH1 that Donald or Goofy bumped me off a tall ledge -.- I don't want that to happen in this game too.

Xziled

this will not end well
Website
xziled.zoints.com
just cause they're new characters does not automatically mean they will be original characters, they could be ff and/or disney characters that haven't been used yet for all we know...

and if i were them, i wouldnt use the word "shocking" sparingly... it can lead to people having high expectations of whats to come, and if its high enough, it will only lead to disappointment upon finding out the truth

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I wouldn't read too much into the new party member(s).
Could just be some Disney characters from the world Sora is in.

Oh God, don't let it be another Roxas look alike >.< (Okay, I'm lying because I love Roxas and Ventus, but you can only use that card so many times)

Plot device: Ventus' nobody! HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE SORA :D~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back