• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

Just curious why do you want it to be a human?

Because I don't want them to just keep doing one of two things:
1) Add enemies we're never going to see again that don't add to the story
2) Heartless, Nobody, Dis-soul, Un-mind, etc...

You mean a Somebody.

And nobody said it must be. And yes, it could be a Somebody...But why would the interviewer make it so important that we know they are not Heartless or Nobody. Being a "full being" isn't all that game changing.

Yes Somebody. To my knowledge, Somebody = Human.

And I suppose that makes sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

What exactly is "human" in Kingdom Hearts? Mickey Mouse is a somebody. But would you call him human? Personally I think he is more human than mouse but not everyone would see things that way. The word human is not as straightforward in KH as it is in real life.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

What exactly is "human" in Kingdom Hearts? Mickey Mouse is a somebody. But would you call him human? Personally I think he is more human than mouse but not everyone would see things that way. The word human is not as straightforward in KH as it is in real life.

Hmm...I actually didn't think about that haha. Alright, not a human, a Somebody.

PrinnyGod

Awards

So finally some news about DDD, huh? Now we can all start speculating :)
As for these two new characters, do you suppose they'll be from FF or new originals?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

So finally some news about DDD, huh? Now we can all start speculating :)
As for these two new characters, do you suppose they'll be from FF or new originals?

I would actually prefer new FF-characters...we already have enough underdeveloped originals, develop these before introducing more new yet again.

Lightning, Terra Branford, Fang, Zidane, Balthier, Hope Estheim, Beatrix or Edea...all would be good choices, lol.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

I would actually prefer new FF-characters...we already have enough underdeveloped originals, develop these before introducing more new yet again.

Lightning, Terra Branford, Fang, Zidane, Balthier, Hope Estheim, Beatrix or Edea...all would be good choices, lol.

I'd prefer some of both to be honest. More original characters and definitely more FF characters.

And I'd like them to be integrated in the story more. Remember the Disney Villains Council from KH1? What about a Disney/FF Villain Council? So people like Maleficent and Ursula would be teaming up with people like Kefka and Kuja?

Imagine fighting Kefka in Notre Dame. Or Cloud of Darkness in the Realm of Darkness. Kuja in Wonderland. The possibilities are endless.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Also a neat possibility, although the FF villains would have to been toned down immensely, like Sephiroth already was. Because against the real FF-baddies the KH-cast would see no tomorrow, lol.
And Maleficent...pff...I doubt the FF villains would even bother with her.

As for new originals I am skeptical because of the lack of deep development in the already existing cast except Riku and Naminé.
I would rather see more focus on the already established original cast.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Also a neat possibility, although the FF villains would have to been toned down immensely, like Sephiroth already was. Because against the real FF-baddies the KH-cast would see no tomorrow, lol.
And Maleficent...pff...I doubt the FF villains would even bother with her.

I'm sorry, I love FF and everything, but Maleficent is twice the villain that any of those losers were.

Except Kefka...

khanicakes

Just a random newb who wants to add her two cents.

For one, involving the dream aspect of the whole game, I kinda felt like Traverse Town would revolve around that, especially since Sora and Riku are seen in their KH1 clothes and whatnot... and how they're seen fighting Xemnas and Ansem SoD, respectively. Traverse Town doesn't exist anymore, as far as I remember o_O unless I'm mistaken. Anyway.

For another thing, the enemies that we're talking about, that are supposed to be neither Heartless nor Nobodies, I feel like it would revolve around Somebodies as many people above have said, but I also feel like it may just be Unversed; I only think this because the data Ansem put in Sora may revolve around Ven and/or Vanitas? Or just b/c of Ven's heart o.o Maybe Vanitas could end up being an antagonist as well, but I don't feel like that's likely at all...

The whole dream thing is the only thing we really know about for the game. I think the whole Mark of Mastery deal definitely deals with the dreams and such in Sora and Riku's hearts... and I felt like maybe they have to combat the darkness in their hearts in some way? Only because of the Mark of Mastery like in Birth By Sleep... I don't know, I'm not really articulating my thoughts too well :L

Uhm... yeap. Just my random two cents. Correct me if I'm wrong in any way XD I don't usually even read or participate in forums cuz I hate spoiling the games... but... yeah. [That's what spoiled bbs for me lol xD oh well]

But I also feel like Nomura will fosho improve this game so KH2 isn't repeated :L I'm one of the few who actually really liked Kh2, but it really was a nonchallenge compared to KH1.. awmg... Ansem SoD still scares me o.o I've never tried to beat him a second time lmao.

Anyway irrelevance! End post.

watch no one reply lolol ftw newbness

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You have pretty much as possible theories as many others here.

One thing about Ansem's data though:
This data contains all results of the research on hearts, memories, emotions and nobodies Ansem has made while being DiZ and it is said to be the "key" to later on save all of the people in torment, not just Ven.

Although the bit of both Sora and Riku having to go "into" their hearts is pretty much plausible because Riku needs to find out about the "part" of Terra that is rumored to be inside him and Sora will need to get aware that Ventus is within him and then maybe check out the status of Ven's injured heart.
Something concerning Roxas and Xion might be thrown in there along the way as well...considering they are also in Sora's heart like Ven and Ansem's data.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Just a random newb who wants to add her two cents.

Welcome to KHI~

For one, involving the dream aspect of the whole game, I kinda felt like Traverse Town would revolve around that, especially since Sora and Riku are seen in their KH1 clothes and whatnot... and how they're seen fighting Xemnas and Ansem SoD, respectively. Traverse Town doesn't exist anymore, as far as I remember o_O unless I'm mistaken. Anyway.

It was never confirmed that Traverse Town disappeared. We were speculating earlier that it had a Keyhole, so it had its own Heart. Then the fact there were probably worlds lost to the Darkness ages ago that Sora can never actually save. That means the actual use of Traverse Town wouldn't vanish.

For another thing, the enemies that we're talking about, that are supposed to be neither Heartless nor Nobodies, I feel like it would revolve around Somebodies as many people above have said, but I also feel like it may just be Unversed; I only think this because the data Ansem put in Sora may revolve around Ven and/or Vanitas? Or just b/c of Ven's heart o.o Maybe Vanitas could end up being an antagonist as well, but I don't feel like that's likely at all...

Ansem didn't know anything about Ventus or Vanitas, though. I doubt the data would involve them directly. In order for the Unversed to exist, Vanitas would need to exist and at the end of BBS he was defeated. Somebodies are likely, but again it isn't all that shocking if it was.

The whole dream thing is the only thing we really know about for the game. I think the whole Mark of Mastery deal definitely deals with the dreams and such in Sora and Riku's hearts... and I felt like maybe they have to combat the darkness in their hearts in some way? Only because of the Mark of Mastery like in Birth By Sleep... I don't know, I'm not really articulating my thoughts too well :L

Yen Sid is different from Master Eraqus, though. His test probably wouldn't center around the Darkness in ones heart. Since the game's theme is trust, I think he'd probably test them on their ability to trust themselves and trust each other.

Lol, you are doing very fine.

Uhm... yeap. Just my random two cents. Correct me if I'm wrong in any way XD I don't usually even read or participate in forums cuz I hate spoiling the games... but... yeah. [That's what spoiled bbs for me lol xD oh well]

I get you~

watch no one reply lolol ftw newbness

You'd be surprised~

I'm sorry, I love FF and everything, but Maleficent is twice the villain that any of those losers were.

Except Kefka...

Eeeh...They'd ruined her in KH. Unless she is redeemed in some way and marks her spot as a big baddie, she is nothing big.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Eeeh...They'd ruined her in KH. Unless she is redeemed in some way and marks her spot as a big baddie, she is nothing big.

Absolutely pointless in KH2, but her boss battles in KH were alright. Personally, the only thing I want is to fight FF baddies in the main story.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Here's what I think will be good candidates for Final Fantasy characters in KH3D:

First of all, I think IV, V, VI, and XIII are most likely to be represented in KH3D since they all have had or are preparing for recent updates. (IV with the Complete Collection, V on PSN, VI on WiiVC and PSN, and with XIII-2 underway). Of course, by that logic, other Final Fantasies could become candidates if they really are going to do HD remasters.

I think Cecil from IV could actually teach Riku a few things about safely using both light and darkness. That would really go along with the theme of the game being MoM exams and learning to trust. It would also help to improve Riku as a fighter and a person and just build his overall character. I can imagine the scene now. Yen Sid would send Riku into some kind of mysterious dream world where he will encounter Cecil in dark night form, who will engage him in battle just to test his power and will. Then, when Cecil deems Riku worthy, he will go into paladin form and teach him about light and darkness.

From V, I'd like to see Gilgamesh as the new superboss, taking the place of Sephiroth. I find it very hard to talk about Final Fantasy without mentioning Gilgamesh. As many games as he has been in, he is like the very essence of Final Fantasy.

If there is a new circle of Disney villains working together like in KH1, I think it would be nice to include some Final Fantasy villains. That would really liven things up and make the game feel more fresh. Kefka from VI would be a nice addition to the circle as well as Ultimecia from VIII and Kuja from IX.

As for XIII, I think Lightning and Hope would make good allies. As a matter of fact, I think it would be cool if (just for KH3D) they replaced the usual group of FF allies (Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, etc) with Lightning, Hope, Terra, Zidane, Snow, and some others. This would really freshen up the game and make it feel more new. I think its a shame that most people who just play KH casually and aren't as deep into it as us, believe all of the recent games including Birth By Sleep to be inconsequential spin-offs. While most of them are spin-offs, I don't think any are inconsequential. Adding more new faces and cutting out some old faces would really drive in that feeling that this is a main title.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Here's what I think will be good candidates for Final Fantasy characters in KH3D:

First of all, I think IV, V, VI, and XIII are most likely to be represented in KH3D since they all have had or are preparing for recent updates. (IV with the Complete Collection, V on PSN, VI on WiiVC and PSN, and with XIII-2 underway). Of course, by that logic, other Final Fantasies could become candidates if they really are going to do HD remasters.

I think Cecil from IV could actually teach Riku a few things about safely using both light and darkness. That would really go along with the theme of the game being MoM exams and learning to trust. It would also help to improve Riku as a fighter and a person and just build his overall character. I can imagine the scene now. Yen Sid would send Riku into some kind of mysterious dream world where he will encounter Cecil in dark night form, who will engage him in battle just to test his power and will. Then, when Cecil deems Riku worthy, he will go into paladin form and teach him about light and darkness.

From V, I'd like to see Gilgamesh as the new superboss, taking the place of Sephiroth. I find it very hard to talk about Final Fantasy without mentioning Gilgamesh. As many games as he has been in, he is like the very essence of Final Fantasy.

If there is a new circle of Disney villains working together like in KH1, I think it would be nice to include some Final Fantasy villains. That would really liven things up and make the game feel more fresh. Kefka from VI would be a nice addition to the circle as well as Ultimecia from VIII and Kuja from IX.

As for XIII, I think Lightning and Hope would make good allies. As a matter of fact, I think it would be cool if (just for KH3D) they replaced the usual group of FF allies (Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid, etc) with Lightning, Hope, Terra, Zidane, Snow, and some others. This would really freshen up the game and make it feel more new. I think its a shame that most people who just play KH casually and aren't as deep into it as us, believe all of the recent games including Birth By Sleep to be inconsequential spin-offs. While most of them are spin-offs, I don't think any are inconsequential. Adding more new faces and cutting out some old faces would really drive in that feeling that this is a main title.

I can totally see that Riku/Cecil thing. In fact, I think its a phenomenal idea.

The problem is KH2 failed to integrate Disney into the game, how well will the new game integrate both Disney AND FF?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Sure it's bad if you try to do something and fail at it. But if you don't try at all, that's even worse. I think they should go for it. The game industry these days are sticking to the tried-and-true route more often and it's really boring me. I like to see new ideas. Sure new ideas are more risky, but how can we ever hope to make progress without them?

Shinjuku

Entrapment

@ Virus

This is true, but then again at the same time some of the other games failed to do certain things if I'm not mistaken BBS had the least influence of Final Fantasy which was very surprising. KH2 and too much influence of FF most of the extra characters were quite useless that doesn't need to happen ever again honestly.

In short they need to get the balance of all sorted out, but the way the plot is I don't know if that will ever happen.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

@ Virus

This is true, but then again at the same time some of the other games failed to do certain things if I'm not mistaken BBS had the least influence of Final Fantasy which was very surprising. KH2 and too much influence of FF most of the extra characters were quite useless that doesn't need to happen ever again honestly.

In short they need to get the balance of all sorted out, but the way the plot is I don't know if that will ever happen.

Days actually had the least influence, there was not a single FF character in the game, which actually was perfect. It would not have fit. That was a wise decision. And I could say the same about BBS. They brought back an older character for a game that took place 10 years ago. Would I have liked to see more? Possibly, but I think they did very well.

Ultimately, to be a successful game, KH doesn't need FF characters, but it does make the series all the more interesting.

Seriously Nomura, we want Kefka and Kuja.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Please speak for yourself, kupo. I don't want Kuja. Kefka, yes. But I think other characters fit in KH better than Kuja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back