• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation now in!)

- By the way, the 10th anniversary of the series is next year. The number of titles in the series has really increased since it started. Some have said they want to play HD remakes of the past titles…

Nomura: Whether we release one or not is a different story; we’re concerned with the HD technical limits of the past titles.

The way this is worded makes me think there is even less of a chance of a remaster. But they have to do something good for the anniversary, right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

LOL I am so very shocked every want an HD Remake/Port. People usually hate ports. It is probably so we can play games like RE:Coded and 358/2 Days in PS2 graphics.

This is different from a port. Ports are usually from one very different system to another. Like the port of MGS1 from the Playstation to the GameCube. Or Okami from the PS2 to the Wii. Or CoM from the GameBoy Advanced to the PS2. Those are ports.

Remastering is just updating a game and putting it on a system under the same company. So like a game going from the PS2 to the PS3. There wouldn't be any drastic changes like porting. Also, since this HD Remaster thing has been launched by Sony for games on Sony systems, none of the Nintendo DS games would be considered for a remaster.

The point of a Remaster is to play PS2 games on the PS3 in HD (with maybe a few additions to the game as a bonus)

Does that mean Riku won't have any party members with him, or make friends for once?

I felt like this was just Nomura's way of confirming party members will be returning since we didn't have any in BBS. Just guest party members like Mickey and TAV during that one boss battle in RG.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

While it's true the DS games won't ever be considered for PS3 remaster, it's possible that if SE really wanted to milk the franchise, they would remake them for the 3DS. It's highly unlikely, but I think if Days and Recoded had better graphics, 3D, better controls, and better multiplayer (with online) it would be worth it. It could be a 2 games in 1 feature on the 3DS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

While it's true the DS games won't ever be considered for PS3 remaster, it's possible that if SE really wanted to milk the franchise, they would remake them for the 3DS. It's highly unlikely, but I think if Days and Recoded had better graphics, 3D, better controls, and better multiplayer (with online) it would be worth it. It could be a 2 games in 1 feature on the 3DS.

Lol, I still seriously doubt they will. Especially since Re:coded is already a port.

Awards

- Does that mean you’ll be decreasing the number of cutscenes?

Nomura: Not meaning that we’ve decreased the number of cutscenes, but having each one explained one by one reduces the tempo of the game, so we’re introducing a new system to make up for it. It’s a directionally different system like what’s being introduced in Final Fantasy Versus XIII which won’t have cutscenes; it’ll be a sort of integration where you can play during the event scene.

Wait, so all the cutscenes are interactive? I don't know if I like that.
It reminds of shooter games where you just have dialogue going while you still play. It makes things less cinematic.

This is different from a port. Ports are usually from one very different system to another. Like the port of MGS1 from the Playstation to the GameCube. Or Okami from the PS2 to the Wii. Or CoM from the GameBoy Advanced to the PS2. Those are ports.

Remastering is just updating a game and putting it on a system under the same company. So like a game going from the PS2 to the PS3. There wouldn't be any drastic changes like porting. Also, since this HD Remaster thing has been launched by Sony for games on Sony systems, none of the Nintendo DS games would be considered for a remaster.

The point of a Remaster is to play PS2 games on the PS3 in HD (with maybe a few additions to the game as a bonus)

You seem to be mixed up, most of the examples you cite are not ports, they're remakes.

Remakes are built from the ground up and in technical terms, they are entirely new games.
There's nothing really "drastic" done in porting, it's just having one game run on another system.

So, for example, having the original CoM run on, say, the 3DS would be a port, but Re:CoM is a remake.

As far as I know, remastered games are more akin to ports, because the one major difference is that they are getting the games to run natively in HD. They do update a lot of textures and add in other extras, so they're not strictly direct ports, but for the most part, they're the same game.

Love Machine

strut strut strut

It reminds of shooter games where you just have dialogue going while you still play. It makes things less cinematic.

I'm a little iffy on this as well, but who knows, maybe it won't be a complete disaster.

PrinnyGod

Awards

Interactive cutscenes? Do they mean ones where you choose what Sora/Riku says, or where you get to actually move them around during the cutscene?

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

i hope it's like the cutscenes in AC1 when the head assassin would tell you the missions... SE is known for their cutscenes... I don't want them to ruin that D:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I guess he could be talking about it being like Heavy Rain, Dead Space 2 etc.

But I'm just glad he's trying to change a structure that's been in the games for a while now.

Key to Truth

Awards

I felt like this was just Nomura's way of confirming party members will be returning since we didn't have any in BBS. Just guest party members like Mickey and TAV during that one boss battle in RG.

Thos aren't ports, those are remakes. Porting a game is converting all its code so it can be played on another system without any significant change. A remake involves improving the whole game whatsoever and making it playable on the system it's being remade on.

Also, remastering is basically change all the textures, game fonts, any other graphic resource and music in a greater quality (in this case High Definition) as you said, but there is not going to be any change on the game whatsoever. In my opinion it'd be a waste of time for S-E to remaster in HD all the other KHs.

Drewadactyl

Nomura's interviews always make me so skeptical. I know the game is going to be great but Nomura always has a way to worry me just by opening his mouth. I'm also not so sure about the gameplay shown in the trailer, mostly the look of Riku and Sora. If I have to play as a data Sora and Riku I'm gonna flip. I love Re:coded but the data world was pretty lame. I want to play as the real Riku and Sora!

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Interactive cutscenes? Do they mean ones where you choose what Sora/Riku says, or where you get to actually move them around during the cutscene?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this has something to do with the Riku-Sora switching thing and the game being on 3DS.

So, like... you'd have the option to keep playing as Riku on the bottom screen while Sora is talking to Quasimodo on the top screen, or something like that. (Presumably, the level of distraction will be in the player's hands most of the time, so you won't be forced into a boss fight while a key cutscene is playing, but yeah)

SorasTwilight

Website
www.youravon.com

lol wow, hes rly not giving out a lot besides the progress of the game (as everyone else stated) But sometimes his details about things can make no sense lol

blueheart

Bronze Member

I'm really hoping this isn't so. That would just royally suck. I think the cutscene structure is fine the way it is.

It seems like Nomura wants to change things a bit in every game, to make them more exiting. But he keeps doing it the wrong way....

Last edited:

k99y77

Awards

I'm really hoping this isn't so. That would just royally suck. I think the cutscene structure is fine the way it is.

It seems like Nomura wants to change things a bit in every game, to make them more exiting. But he keeps doing it the wrong way....
look at the bright side we're finally getting party members!!!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

look at the bright side we're finally getting party members!!!

Thank God! BBS got so lonely. Sure we had party members for certain battles but after that it was just lonely. I wonder if Riku will have some party members? It would be interesting to see how he reacts with a partner.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

From the sound of it, the cutscenes might be how inFamous does them (the instructions for missions and stuff, not the comic-looking scenes). That's the only way I can see it working with KH.... Still, cutscenes as they are are still preferred. Hopefully this just means the small stuff, like a character saying "Let's go to X and see if we can find Y", and not the heavy info scenes.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Party members for the win in Days I once let Xigbar kill a boss by himself.

That's one thing Days did very well with. The party members. Sure I thought the over all story was slow and kinda boring but the conversations Roxas had with the other members on missions were very nice. Just wish we could have had more missions with the Castle Oblivion members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back