• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

k99y77

Awards
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

i hope if they made this HD collection they make it available worldwide on march 28th because the games are already dubbed and translated i don't see any reason for them to keep it till september 2012 :/

Ronldbx6

I find it funny how he says he has plans for Kingdom Hearts after KH3 but we can't even get to KH3. That is laughable to me. You're talking an additional 12 years a head of time.

rascus213

I find it funny how he says he has plans for Kingdom Hearts after KH3 but we can't even get to KH3. That is laughable to me. You're talking an additional 12 years a head of time.
I Find it funny that over the past (6 years?) he has mentioned KH3 several times but its really not even officially announced yet.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Since kh3d began development last summer and now it's 50% done by this summer then that means by next summer it should be about 100% done so a summer 2012 release for Japan is very likely which means a winter 2012 release is likely for north america. Looks like kh3d will be a Christmas present for me next year!

What intrigues me most is the censored named characters in traverse town, sora hasn't changed, and kh3d is mysyerious.

So the data ansem put in sora will be covered in this game. And people that doesn't mean the game takes place in a data world so don't go assuming that.

Is there anymore we can expect from the interview and are there any new scans?

sub6snoopy

I'm super Excited for this game! I thought Re:Coded was really good, so I don't mind if it were to take place inside the data world. But since it is about the data inside Sora, i can't help but feel like some inception like crap is gonna take place. Halfway through development, i can see early 2012 release being possible, but I definitely don't want them to rush it. As for the 2 characters inside Traverse Town that's supposed to be surprising, All i can say is anything could happen and since it's Nomura we are talking about, I have a feeling we won't know until just around the time the game is released. As for BBSvol2, part of me wants it to be a movie, but if its a game, i really hope its not for the vita, i already have to purchase a 3DS, and maybe eventually a PS3 (Which I hope the put KH3 on the 360 & PS3). I hate being broke, but it looks like I will be broke for the next 10 years of my life as I depserately raise enough money for a PS3 in time for the KH3 release.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

lol after that bullshit, we are still in the news drought

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Funny. I go to bed and wake up and the same crap is being said that we said earlier in the thread. -yawns-

No, I don't believe there were images in this interview. I doubt it would have been new stuff anyways.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I don't think there is a thread for this but here are the results of the survey fans took last month.

Famitsu's Readers Want Kingdom Hearts on PS3

I have to say, either Japanese fans are fools or International fans are fools. Either way, both are fools.

Roxas is #2? And Axel #3? Obviously there was a lot of AkuRoku fans taking this survey.

(And KH2 wasn't all that hot...how can they make it #1?)
Axel keeps coming back as fanservice... and yeah, AkuRoku all over the place. Hopefully Aqua being a favorite means that Nomura understands not every character has to be connected in some convoluted way... But I am so surprised Riku isn't on here. :/

I can't believe everyone saying KH2 was their favorite. D: It's probably because of how anyone can beat it... I know I had a lot of troubles with Ansem SOD while Xemnas was a breeze every single time. That's probably why Xemnas seems like such a joke half of the time, but apparently that's what people want?

Ugh. Nomura better have heard about our constructive criticism and not just fanboying comments~ I had legitimate concerns I addressed in my responses. I told him to develop his current cast repeatedly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

^ its funny you should say that because that too has already been said

I know. I read the thread. Chaser is my bro so I can echo his words. :p

Axel keeps coming back as fanservice... and yeah, AkuRoku all over the place. Hopefully Aqua being a favorite means that Nomura understands not every character has to be connected in some convoluted way... But I am so surprised Riku isn't on here. :/

I can't believe everyone saying KH2 was their favorite. D: It's probably because of how anyone can beat it... I know I had a lot of troubles with Ansem SOD while Xemnas was a breeze every single time. That's probably why Xemnas seems like such a joke half of the time, but apparently that's what people want?

Ugh. Nomura better have heard about our constructive criticism and not just fanboying comments~ I had legitimate concerns I addressed in my responses. I told him to develop his current cast repeatedly.

I was also shocked Riku wasn't on the list. I am happy Terra and Aqua made it on there, though.

And yeah, I hope so as well. I chewed them out bad and I gave SMART responses. I was describing the architecture of Hollow Bastion (I spend too much time with the architecture students at my school) and what made it such a successful world and that they need to make the plot of the worlds more intertwined with the plot of the game.

I guess we need to remember that we are just one demographic of fans. I honestly hope people don't want an easier game, because even BBS was easy as hell. I played that in a week (since I had classes and work) and never once did I die until the final boss battles. -_- And even then I died because of stupid reasons.

I want KH to be challenging again.

And I told them to actually show Sora and Riku being good friends with each other rather than apart. Sora and Riku at the end of KH2 gave us a nice preview of how formidable of a force they can be together. And Re:Coded teased the hell out of the friendship by making them data!

Lol, I also hope they take my advise and not make the story obvious or spoil it in the trailers. It is ridiculous how we figure almost everything out after a few trailers.

I can definitely imagine a bunch of fanboyish Japanese responses rather than the constructive criticism they were asking for.

Last edited:

Love Machine

strut strut strut

I love how my theory on how they go inside themselves is probably going to come true, which is sad if it's the data world.

At least we have some info on the game's development and a good guess on when it will be released. I'm saving up for a 3DS anyways. Looks more promising then the Kinect. *Kinect sucks btw*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I was also shocked Riku wasn't on the list. I am happy Terra and Aqua made it on there, though.
I thought Riku was at least more popular than Roxas. :/ I mean, Riku has the best development in the entire damn series! I am disappoint fanbase.

And yeah, I hope so as well. I chewed them out bad and I gave SMART responses. I was describing the architecture of Hollow Bastion (I spend too much time with the architecture students at my school) and what made it such a successful world and that they need to make the plot of the worlds more intertwined with the plot of the game.
I think I mentioned something like that as well, though not as spiffy since I don't know architecture students. :p I mentioned how the recent games are severely lacking in story line that ties them into the rest of the time. I mean, even in KH1 when it would be just glimpses of Kairi or mentions of Riku... that was a great driving force. That minimal effort is so much better than what's been happening. But I mean, even in Monstro, we got a great scene of interaction between Riku and Sora in KH1... DO IT AGAIN NOMURA.

I guess we need to remember that we are just one demographic of fans. I honestly hope people don't want an easier game, because even BBS was easy as hell. I played that in a week (since I had classes and work) and never once did I die until the final boss battles. -_- And even then I died because of stupid reasons.
Yeah, we are. :/ And I adore the games, but I have my issues with them... I want them to be addressed instead of Nomura just getting continual pats on the back for KH2. I cannot begin to describe how difficult Ansem SoD is compared to EVERY other final boss (except Marluxia ;___;). I mean, really... Xemnas is no challenge. Xion is no challenge, Vanitas is no challenge, Master Xehanort was easy once I figured out his move set, Terranort I didn't die once against, Roxas/Heartless was super easy. And then ASoD... damn.

I want KH to be challenging again.

And I told them to actually show Sora and Riku being good friends with each other rather than apart. Sora and Riku at the end of KH2 gave us a nice preview of how formidable of a force they can be together. And Re:Coded teased the hell out of the friendship by making them data!
I agree, it's one of those games where I go through fairly calm for most of it because it doesn't cause me to stress at difficult battles (since there aren't many~)
Yes! I'm sad that DDD, Riku seems to only be playable because they're apart. :/ I want a unified front, no more fighting. They need to be bros from here on out.

Lol, I also hope they take my advise and not make the story obvious or spoil it in the trailers. It is ridiculous how we figure almost everything out after a few trailers.

I can definitely imagine a bunch of fanboyish Japanese responses rather than the constructive criticism they were asking for.
THAT would be nice. The trailers are ridiculous... I refused to watch the BBS ones, because I was afraid of spoilers. And I hate that I'll probably have to forgo DDD trailers from here on out due to spoilers. D:

I think that's what they got/why KH2 is the favorite game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

On another note, do we have any information on the full results of the survey as to see where other important characters like Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Riku and Ventus are placed in that poll?

I can believe Sora and Roxas that high, even Terra and Aqua...but Axel? Come on now...Axel may be a major player, but he's not a that much important protagonist...I would have expected at least Riku to beat him by miles...and maybe also Aqua, Terra and Ventus as they are by far more important than him.
With the TAV-Trio it may however also be because they are relatively new to the overall cast though.

@Ethnic Woman:
Lol, about wanting an easier game I think I can remember that a staff member of the team (not Nomura) once revealed that they made KH 2 so much easier because there where many complaints about the difficulty of both KH 1 and the original CoM.

About KH 2 being voted the most popular I can only laugh...at "our" nostaliga-elite community though, as it quite clearly shows that KH 2 isn't that loathed and "bad" as it is sometimes portrayed here...at least not in the entire fandom.

No one shall put too much emphasis on this survey either however, as I would say that the results of this one also only display a fraction of the whole worldwide fanbase.

---

As for the new information in Nomura's interview...most has already been said.
The two "mystery" characters in Traverse seems to be one of Nomura's mind games again...as they're either two characters we know but would never expect to show up there (no, Xemnas and Ansem SoD don't count) or someone "new" that has to do with the "shocking" elements.

Oran

Awards

I still think that this game takes place in their dreams I don't know where people get the data-world thing...
But I sure am glad than Nomura has planes for Kingdom Hearts after III.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Finally, at least something in this news drought.

Though it is to vague.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

More info as I come across it but:

Kingdom Hearts 3D is a mysterious title.

There will be a secret movie.

The Xehanort Saga will end with Kingdom Hearts III.

Think of Kingdom Hearts 3D as -- "The Initiative" before KHIII.

There will be "answers" about KHIII in KH3D.

KH3D is 40-50% done. (lolvague)

Apparently main character Sora "has not changed" - This might be just appearance-wise, but again this is vague.

The game will focus on the "hidden data" inside of Sora.

There are characters that will appear in Traverse Town, but their names have been censored (i have no idea). There are two censored names.

Sora will stay the main character and Nomura has plans for the series even after III

HD remasters of past titles are in consideration.

I don't know if KH is becoming a zombie.

Also, haters gonna hate.

Shadowrelm 150

In a world of shadows... AKA Surrey, England

Well, this news is... Is... Rather old, and somewhat Derpy... Not in the sense that the interview itself is old, the fact that the majority of information is old. Not that I'm not happy for news. Eh, well better than nothing.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is a mysterious title.
From the lack of news, I'd say it is.

There will be a secret movie.
Kinda obvious, but thats nice to know.

The Xehanort Saga will end with Kingdom Hearts III.
Yes, yes. We know, Nomura.

There will be "answers" about KHIII in KH3D.
Hmmm, interesting...

KH3D is 40-50% done. (lolvague)
Again, nice to know. I agree; it's vague. However, if it ain't vague, it ain't Nomura :3

Apparently main character Sora "has not changed"
Lolwut? Most likely character wise?

The game will focus on the "hidden data" inside of Sora.
Again, obvious.... Yet, he's being vague in some other parts of the interview. Topsy turvey, much?

There are characters that will appear in Traverse Town, but their names have been censored (i have no idea). There are two censored names.
... Excuse me, what?

Hopefully more news to come at TGS. Hopes for nothing spoliery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back