• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Lea doesn't sound different to me; Quinton is in-character. It's appropriate, seeing as he's just woken up from a series of traumatic experiences and is digesting everything. He's not going to sound energetic and carefree like in BBS or as Axel.

"Better" being an entirely subjective inference, of course. :3
Plus, a lot of the time it's just a matter of making all of the words fit a certain time-span, regardless of their application.

Right, having done professional voice overs myself, I can tell you directors will sometimes change scripts on the spot because something is JUST NOT working out. Either the actor can't say the full line within the time-span, or they have to integrate/change words so they fit the mouth flaps. I've even had whole lines changed on me because the way it is in the script does not sound as eloquent as when it is spoken out loud. Sometimes though, in order to maintain schedule, you have to pick the lesser of those evils and move forward.

Magnum

Lea doesn't sound different to me; Quinton is in-character. It's appropriate, seeing as he's just woken up from a series of traumatic experiences and is digesting everything. He's not going to sound energetic and carefree like in BBS or as Axel.

Adding to what Rydgea said, he has a more serious tone then his usual tone from previous titles which is why he might be coming off as being "different-sounding". Also I agree with him as I haven't noticed any significant changes either.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I've even had whole lines changed on me because the way it is in the script does not sound as eloquent as when it is spoken out loud.
Yeah, this is big. I haven't done professional voice overs but I've done my share of theater acting, and it's funny how often you'll come across a line that sounds fine on paper but just doesn't seem natural out loud (Elizabethan soliloquy aside...). That's why I can't blame them for changing certain lines in this game from what we might read on a subtitle transcript (like most of what the MF says in Japanese would sound awful as a direct English translation), but at the same time, there are ways to adapt lines and ways not to...and I think some of the liberties they've taken here are examples of ways not to (or just examples of bad editing, which remains to be seen).

Chistosa

Awards
*gasp* So the, 'seeing through/being in each other's hearts' might not even be in this version?! Riku didn't even mention Sora in that one scene with Quasi! D'8>

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Adding to what Rydgea said, he has a more serious tone then his usual tone from previous titles which is why he might be coming off as being "different-sounding". Also I agree with Rydgea as I haven't noticed any significant changes either.

That's exactly what it is. They use that scene with Roxas mentioning the promise for a reason; it's why Lea is serious about this. He knows he has a promise to fulfill.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
*gasp* So the, 'seeing through/being in each other's hearts' might not even be in this version?! Riku didn't even mention Sora in that one scene with Quasi! D'8>
It's possible he mentions Sora before or after that specific line due to dialogue arrangement. Or, they're just opting not to express it in that moment, which is a shame. Riku takes the lead from Sora when it comes to friendship and to not incorporate that into his interactions with the Disney characters would be kind of missing the point.

Seighart

Awards
No problem. ;)

That was Joshua talking? Seriously since I didn't pay too much attention to the visuals (my PC is a bit laggy atm) I thought it was Shiki speaking there. rofl.

Trollanort's voice is really something though, he sounds quite bored sometimes yet it still manages to come over somewhat sinister and unsettling.

No unacceptable. It was Joshua....come on that was just way to feminine to sound like Joshua.

xig28

Awards
Lol watching this trailer feels weird and i think they got real lazy when making it since the gameplay is in japanese and they just dubbed over the japan one. The music just sounds off, but hey if this gets the american fans going then so be it. I already got the japanese one ;)

kitty

The place where dark and light intersect to make..
Didn't David Gallagher say he voiced YMX? I recall watching a video where he mentioned doing so...it was the same video where he told that story about walking in on HJO's recording session.

It's like we all forgot that he said that or something...well, everyone except me of course, haha, yeah! Arrogance!

iLeen

Awards
Didn't David Gallagher say he voiced YMX? I recall watching a video where he mentioned doing so...it was the same video where he told that story about walking in on HJO's recording session.

It's like we all forgot that he said that or something...well, everyone except me of course, haha, yeah! Arrogance!

He meant in BBS:] It's a tiny cutscene in the beginning of the game. You can tell it's David.

I LOL'd at his crashing HJO's recording by accident.

This is the video that shows David voicing YMX at ~0:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZgSidBgX2o

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
He had recorded a one-liner for Young Xehanort in Birth By Sleep, but that's the extent of it. He is being replaced by another voice artist for 3D.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
How can they change lines that were never released in English to begin with?

These lines were just translated differently, not changed. I'm sure the official translations are more accurate anyway.

Well the "let's go together" line was already used by riku, and I think that seeing YMX turn into riku for a second after he says that adds to the fact that "let's go together " may indeed be the proper translation.

Samhain

Bronze Member
WTF?

Xemnas voice is awful. well not rly but what hppened to his old voice actor?
And i don't really like how YMX and ASOD have the same voice. You would think the VA would make YMX sound younger because well i don't know he IS much younger than ASOD.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
WTF?

Xemnas voice is awful. well not rly but what hppened to his old voice actor?
And i don't really like how YMX and ASOD have the same voice. You would think the VA would make YMX sound younger because well i don't know he IS much younger than ASOD.

It's still Paul St. Peter and Richard Epcar is not voicing YMX.

Samhain

Bronze Member
really? Xemnas voice sounds so weird....and are u sure? They sounded the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back