• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute

I think if they'd done a direct translation of this it would have sounded really stilted, but I agree that calling Sora's Heart a "prison" doesn't really suit the context seeing as it doesn't explain what he's supposed to be talking about (that Sora's Heart is harboring other Hearts). Also the line delivery on it still sounds really flat, so. :x

Instead of prison, it could have been 'refuge' used.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But really, do you know anyone who'll use words like that in everyday conversation? It's so awkward.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And people were totally not complaining constantly about Re:CoM's script because they used "big words" and sounded like "they were reading out of a dictionary." Make up your minds guys.

Angi3

i watched it!...sora's voice is changed as well as the others! ;__; im sure ill get used it it, but still....ANYWAYS.....EPIC!

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Xehanort and his forms have always spoke with more of a poetic prose so I'm not surprised that the trend is continuing in this.

In fact, as a writer myself I love how they speak. I may or may not have adopted some of the prose myself...

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Instead of prison, it could have been 'refuge' used.
That might have been better, but I don't really understand why it needed to be altered that much from the original statement. I can see rephrasing it to make it sound more natural in English, but as it is now the line just sounds forcibly cryptic and counter intuitive. "Your heart has become a prison...even if you're not the prisoner." That doesn't sound like a naturally formed thought to me. At least with the way it's written, it sounds more like he's back pedaling on whatever he meant to say, but then the reading for it is obviously meant to be menacing and direct.

Obviously it's all nit picking though.

And people were totally not complaining constantly about Re:CoM's script because they used "big words" and sounded like "they were reading out of a dictionary." Make up your minds guys.
I rather liked RE:CoM's script, but I do think the acting (for pretty much everyone except SDG and Riku and maybe DiZ) was pretty read-as-you-go. Especially Zexion. I know people love the actor for him, but he sounded awful and hammy in Re:CoM.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
It's good to see that we're all back to analyzing every word spoken in a trailer. This is what makes our community unique, we're so particular. xD

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It's good to see that we're all back to analyzing every word spoken in a trailer. This is what makes our community unique, we're so particular. xD

Well when that's all you get after months of waiting I wouldn't put it past any fandom.......

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So many people are still insisting that David voices YMX.....do they not hear what I'm hearing? It's official, I have stepped into the Twilight Zone. x''D

It's because of people like them that Ethy and I are actually writing up a transcript for that hour long interview David had. When we're done, we'll probably have written a novel. I'm not even two minutes into the video and I already have 300 words.

Magnum

The voices are phenomenal. Like pretty much everyone else here, I feel that Sora's voice in this game sounds weird but it'll grow on me hopefully.

Also I liked Xigbar's Japanese line better in which he makes that "killed your goldfish" remark. I don't know why they changed that as I'm pretty sure he made that same remark in the English version of 358/2 Days and BbS.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
The voices are phenomenal. Like pretty much everyone else here, I feel that Sora's voice in this game sounds weird but it'll grow on me hopefully.

Also I liked Xigbar's Japanese line better in which he makes that "killed your goldfish" remark. I don't know why they changed that as I'm pretty sure he made that same remark in the English version of 358/2 Days and BbS.
I think that was changed because that what he said in a subbed gameplay I watched a while ago

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He never actually said the word 'goldfish', at least literally. But translators can incorporate their own creativity into their translations so it's not as flat.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I was rewatching the Japanese Special Trailer and this English one side by side, and it seems that the game has partial lip-sync. Some lines were said and written to fit into the flap timing, and others were lip-synced to the characters themselves.

Prime example is when YMX says "Your abyss awaits". In the square border, it is the original Japanese video, and clearly the lip movements don't match. They match up to "shien no toki wa chikai" or whatever YMX says in Japanese xD

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
So I was rewatching the Japanese Special Trailer and this English one side by side, and it seems that the game has partial lip-sync. Some lines were said and written to fit into the flap timing, and others were lip-synced to the characters themselves.

Prime example is when YMX says "Your abyss awaits". In the square border, it is the original Japanese video, and clearly the lip movements don't match. They match up to "shien no toki wa chikai" or whatever YMX says in Japanese xD

That and there is still Japanese text in every part, like I said I think this is just the English voices playing over the Jappanese trailer

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
did Japan ever get an Eshop trailer? like an actual 3D trailer.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yes, Japan got an eShop trailer.

That and there is still Japanese text in every part, like I said I think this is just the English voices playing over the Jappanese trailer

Did you miss the point of what I was saying. I'm saying they slapped English cutscenes over the trailer in parts and left the rest in Japanese.

Kevin Flynn is lip-synced. YMX is lip-synced most of the time. Mickey is sometimes. Sora is sometimes. Roxas definitely was...

Katsagu

Awards
Oh my god! I want this game so much! It is awesome *.*
Sora voice looks so different XD But i like it anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back