• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Wielder

Awards
Oh my God, YMX actually sounds like what a Young Master Xehanort should sound like. Yep a young Leonard Nimoy right there. I was hoping they wouldn't give him that lighter voice he has in the JAP version because how the heck did his voice get so deep when he got old? lol Thank you Square-Enix.

I hadn't even thought about Mr. Nimoy yet, but you're right! The two go very well together. His delivery on the line, "Come with me," was absolutely spot on. Creepy, diabolical, makes your skin crawl--perfect YMX.

blacksun

I wonder if in the next title Shibuya will debut as a world... -.- i want english cutscenes of traverse town ¬¬

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Does anyone else find it odd that people are complaining about the way Haley's voicing Sora in 3D, but not how he's voicing Vanitas? If he voices one well, I'm sure that he'll voice the other one amazingly, too. Especially since Sora is his character! Anyway, it just seems weird to me.

I really think it's just how the video was cut that Sora sounds odd-ish. After all, I thought he sounded weird in the Re:Coded trailer, but he was perfectly fine in the game. Haley also did a great job with Blank Points. He won't let us down, guys. I think he's proven himself by now.

Also, is there any word yet on who's voicing Kairi/Xion, Terra, and/or Aqua? Hopefully the next trailer might have them in it so we'll know if the actors are reprising their roles. Then again, the Japanese trailers didn't have those three saying anything, so....

And on the Joshua front, he sounds perfectly fine to me. I think he sounds like himself and the actor's doing a great job. Maybe people just aren't as familiar with Josh's voice because of his few lines in TWEWY?

Anyway, I love Joshua and talking about him is making me want to listen to 3 Minutes Clapping. I've always associated that song with him. LOL.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Tumblr is very amusing right now. I made a big post about the trailer, and part of it dealt with how some of you guys figured out that YMX seems to be voiced by Ben Diskin, but now I keep getting anons arguing with me that YMX is voiced by David. You know, even though it sounds absolutely nothing like him :p

Though my favorite has to be this one post complaining about how awful "Sora and Joshua's new voice actors sound." Like seriously? I hope they were trolling, they were going on about how Sora sounds whiny and out of character because apparently Sora would never say "Yes ma'am" or "OH MAN!" My favorite part: They were a Joshua RP'er, and thought Joshua had a new Voice Actor :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That is why KH fandom on tumblr is not one I follow too closely. xD And it is impossible to correct them because they are so dead-set on stuff. Just best to leave them to their devices until the voice actors are revealed officially so there won't be a shadow of a doubt. xD

blank points

Awards
Oh man. Night is OFFICALLY MADE! YMX's voice is sounding great. Only complaint I have with this trailer is the sound editing. (Some voices sounded off to me in some places.) The only one that got me was Quasimoto. Was that Tom Hulce? Or was it someone else? Couldn't tell.

Lady-Lee

Awards
Ymx voice is just glorious. Also I must say richard did an amazing job! I don't see why people are having issues with HJO's voice. He sounds like he did in re:coded to me and I quite like that he can go that high with his voice. Then again parts of the fan base will hate it regardless.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
That is why KH fandom on tumblr is not one I follow too closely. xD And it is impossible to correct them because they are so dead-set on stuff. Just best to leave them to their devices until the voice actors are revealed officially so there won't be a shadow of a doubt. xD

Yeah :p You're right, hopefully I won't get anymore anons and if so I will just ignore them :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah :p You're right, hopefully I won't get anymore anons and if so I will just ignore them :p

Just try to stay whelmed. We'll take care of it. It's what we do ;D

And by that I mean, WE SHALL SMITE THEM WITH THE RIGHTEOUS HAMMER OF JUSTI-

No. But you get the idea. Really unfortunate that people are flipping out because of it though. Well, unfortunate for them because it's all really embarrassing to read from an outside standpoint. Imagine what it'd be like when they find out that they're wrong. Yikes.

Last edited:

Chistosa

Awards
No matter what site I go to, there's always a mob of people raging about Sora's voice. It's so...DEPRESSING. Poor Haley, I hope he doesn't get any hate mail. Q.Q

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
i was totally waiting for jason alexander's line as the gargoyle

and it was so easy to tell it was him

still wondering who they cast for the new chars

sonickenshin

Awards
My thoughts.

The editing and mixing is awful. The music is drowning out everyone. X.x Osment sounds like he's trying to sound young, but he's really struggling. He was better off how he was in the last few games. Most of the Disney voices are solid. Young Xehanort sounds deeper than I imagined, but it works pretty well.

Phantom Knight

tumblr_m3z5znDedI1qe7e5uo1_400.gif

So glad to finally see an English trailer! I can't wait for the full game.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
For some reason I thought Pat Carrol's Ursula laugh was recycled for the Japanese trailer, but it's not here, so that seems incorrect.

Some of the Disney voices are a miss for me, The Blue Fairy and Pinocchio specifically. The voice types were not identical enough and the reads seemed underwelming, but it's hard to judge based on one-liners. The new Frollo seems to have decent acting chops, but the voice type again, does not align with what I remember. It's tough trying to mimic these classic voices, I know. I just hope their performance outshines any discrepancies with previous actors. I'm really hoping for Demi's husky Esmeralda.

Coupled with the fact I did not like some of the translation, some of Young Xehanort's lines sounded a little forced at the beginning of the trailer, but his voice smoothed over at the end.

That being said a lot of the voices were nice! Olivia Wilde doesn't have a distinct voice (my ears haven't been trained anyways) so I couldn't identify if that was her, but omgz was that Jeff Bridges!? Anyways, watching this made me sooo happy! So glad to finally have an English trailer!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Ah, I see. But hey if it walks like a duck - err, talks like a duck, (i.e. Jennifer Hale can do a pretty flawless Ilene Woods) then I have no qualms with it NOT being JB; his lines were delivered perfectly.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
So this is really small and insignificant, but has anyone else noticed the awkward exchange between Mickey and Yen Sid when Mickey is asking to go help, and Yen Sid is like, "*gagflugh throatiness* I wouldn't go *line is completely dropped*." Because it's bothering me. I hope that's just the editing. :x

omgz was that Jeff Bridges!?
I was wondering the same thing. Tatsciore or whoever's impersonating him has done a bang-up job. I'm also in agreement that the Disney voices in general were lacking, although I really do think Frollo's going to be good.

Still not sold on YMX. His confrontation with Riku in Traverse Town sounds ~alright but he still sounds like he's too detached, like whoever is portraying him is thinking more about his voice than his lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back