• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Was the beginning cut scene from the actual game itself or just the Japanese trailer with English voice overs? If it was from the game, they really improved on dubbing English voices matching lip movements.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I think a scene is missing from this trailer that was in the Japanese version. It's the one where Sora's reassuring Joshua that he can make his thoughts known to Neku or something like that. Unless I'm thinking of a different 3D trailer...

Also, I noticed that they had no voices for the gameplay section. That's understandable. They're still probably working on localizing.

All in all, this was an amazing trailer. I'm even more psyched for the game and demo now. All I can say is E3 and July aren't approaching fast enough :D

I think that was from a different trailer. The Jump Festa one I think?

Awards
Did anyone else notice some really bad lip syncing when Mickey was talking to Yen Sid?

There's a handful of instances of bad lip syncing.
Pete and Clu's lines don't match their lips either. I actually think it's the Japanese lip syncing, hoping they'll adjust that.

Also it's awesome hearing St. Peter again.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
The only voice I had a problem with was Quasimodo's. It wasn't the same as I heard it from the movie. Young Xehanort voice was badass.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Also, I noticed that they had no voices for the gameplay section. That's understandable. They're still probably working on localizing.

There was no noises in the gameplay at all, except for the music they put over it.
I'd say that's probably because they didn't want to spend the time rerecording the same gamplay from the trailer in English. Probably just wanted to get it out asap.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If YMX is Ben Diskin, I need to make YJ jokes. And KND jokes. And Hey Arnold jokes. Then spazz because dear god that man was my childhood.

"Young Master Xehanort is perfect, Young Master Xehanort must eliminate 'Its'."
Sora: "Will Young Master Xehanort PLEASE stop talking in third-person?"

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
so why did david say he was gonna play ymx. Even though im glad he isnt, im not sure what that would imply. Joshua sounds the same, i wish we got to here ryhme though she never spoke in her own game. I love how the english translation is so direct though the japanesse makes them speak in riddles.

Claire-Farron

I waited to hear Shiki's voice during the whole trailer and Im disappointed. :C But at least I saw her with Neku towards the end! :D and thank goodness they brought back Sanctuary. Ive missed it so. ;w;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
so why did david say he was gonna play ymx. Even though im glad he isnt, im not sure what that would imply. Joshua sounds the same, i wish we got to here ryhme though she never spoke in her own game. I love how the english translation is so direct though the japanesse makes them speak in riddles.

He said he did a small line for him. Which was in BBS. He didn't know it was in BBS. We went though this almost two months ago when he did that interview and people jumped the gun and didn't listen to what he said. We even said "HE IS NOT YMX"

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Well this was an interesting surprise to come home from work and find sitting on the Internet.

My immediate thoughts are:
1) I hate the MF's voice. I really hope I'll warm up to it, but it just sounds so...boring, from what little we got of it here. I find myself comparing it unfavorably to Richard Epcar's take on Ansem SoD, since it sounds very similar in my opinion.
2) I love David Gallagher here. He really has grown into the role of Riku and he sounds more natural than any other voice actor in the game, aside from possibly Jesse McCartney.
3) What the heck is up with this script? It sounds really stilted at some points ("That's the object we need to retrieve!") and really uninspired at others (most of YMX's dialogue is just...blegh). Maybe this was just something I didn't notice in the Japanese trailers because I don't know Japanese, but it seems to me that they're taking liberties here and it's not paying off.
4) I squirted at Paul St. Peter's Xemnas. ohgoditseverywhere.jpg
5) I'm not sure dubbing over the Japanese trailer was the best option with this game. So much of the dialogue was taken out of context and sounded completely meaningless, especially with the way English is phrased. HJO and whoever is voicing Quasimodo sounded especially off due to this, even though I'm sure they'll be excellent in game.

I'm going to watch a movie and come back to this, see if I feel the same way the second time around.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

No, he said that he voices Young Master Xehanort in Birth by Sleep. Actually, he only implied it. He never said anything specifically.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Trailer finally finished for me xD VAs sound amazing. "Master Xehanort, we were right about you!" I laughed at that part. Certainly been a while since I've heard Aaron Spann ^^; Hopefully they'll get the other trailer up (as well as the rest of the site) so we can hear more VAs.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Hmm... I suppose, but I'm already missing some of the Japanese lines. I mean, they're not too bad, and I'll get over it, but... I really miss lines like Xemnas’ here, "Can you really be sure that all you've thought and felt up until now originated from you?" The English version of that didn't pack as big of a punch, you know? At least not for me, but I know they're doing their best so I can forgive it.

Anyway...

Last edited:

iLeen

Awards
Joshua sounds feminine to me...is his VA a girl? I never played TWEWY btw, since I don't own a DS (but I do plan on buying it once I get a 3DS when KH3D comes out:3)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
David Gallagher is perfect. Jesse McCartney's Roxas in that one line beats what he's done as Roxas in the entire series imo.
HJO sounds a bit weird, but I think it's because he's trying to do Sora younger. YMX has an amazing voice and I'm totally convinced it's Benjamin Diskin. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back