• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Pity. I've seen it almost every day even though I wasn't exactly partial to it. It grows on you. Give it a chance.
This is true. I was really underwhelmed by it after watching it initially, mostly due to being disoriented thanks to having watched the Japanese trailer a million times, but I find the English work a bit more rewarding every time I revisit it.

I still think Ben Diskin could have done a better job as the MF, though (he's still the only thing I don't really like about the trailer, having overcome all my other various OCD nit picks). Crossing my fingers he sounds better in-game.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I still think Ben Diskin could have done a better job as the MF, though (he's still the only thing I don't really like about the trailer, having overcome all my other various OCD nit picks). Crossing my fingers he sounds better in-game.

His voice acting was actually among my favorites in the trailer. Sure there is always room for improvement, but I still thought he did a rather good job.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
His voice acting was actually among my favorites in the trailer. Sure there is always room for improvement, but I still thought he did a rather good job.
Hush. I'm trying to lure Ben Diskin out by ragging on his performance until he feels compelled to defend his work like any good artist does!

Honestly, though, I just think his delivery is flat (especially on lines like, "How did you get here..."; yeah, there's supposed to be a question mark at the end of that), over-acted (in particular, his enunciation sounds too practiced to me; like an actor in a studio remembering their t's, not a person talking to another person) and he tries too hard to sound menacing ("This weightless sleep will be your prison..." ~ohhh I'm soooo eeevillll~). I do like the way his voice sounds on, "Your abyss awaits" (even though that line is so corny I could revolutionize agriculture with it) and, "Come with me" but any time he has a stretch of dialogue it just sounds like his voice is going to crack at any moment and he'll burst into "When Life Gives You Lemons, Dance!"

I don't think Ben Diskin is a poor actor, by any means, based on his body of work, and I really want to hear him in the game before I judge completely.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So anyways, Now that I have gotten EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU on an Agrabah tangent... Normally I watch any and all trailers for KH at least 3,000,000 times, but this one was just... terribly underwhelming. Haven't watched it since the first day it was shown. Once. D:

I watched it like 5 times that day alone :p And then quite a few times since then haha. I really thought it was great...

LS22

wasn't that pumped when the jap. trailers came out, and since I haven't spoiled myself, this trailer really got me pumped!!

Rallade

Awards
You can really tell it was done hastily, look at 1:47, when Quasimodo is speaking, if you look at the glass cube frame you can see that the lip movement in the frame is the japanese one and the one in the center is the english one.

The same can be found at:

- 2:11 "all for one and one for all"
- 2:15 Sora speaking about Pete, I think
- 6:39 They actually did change it for "Got it memorized", or it just works
- 8:35 "Your abyss awaits"
- 9:00 "Fine, let's jump right in"

That's all I could find

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area
Hush. I'm trying to lure Ben Diskin out by ragging on his performance until he feels compelled to defend his work like any good artist does!

Honestly, though, I just think his delivery is flat (especially on lines like, "How did you get here..."; yeah, there's supposed to be a question mark at the end of that), over-acted (in particular, his enunciation sounds too practiced to me; like an actor in a studio remembering their t's, not a person talking to another person) and he tries too hard to sound menacing ("This weightless sleep will be your prison..." ~ohhh I'm soooo eeevillll~). I do like the way his voice sounds on, "Your abyss awaits" (even though that line is so corny I could revolutionize agriculture with it) and, "Come with me" but any time he has a stretch of dialogue it just sounds like his voice is going to crack at any moment and he'll burst into "When Life Gives You Lemons, Dance!"

I don't think Ben Diskin is a poor actor, by any means, based on his body of work, and I really want to hear him in the game before I judge completely.
I remember thinking Jason Dohring sounded horrible in the Birth By Sleep trailers but then once I heard him as Terra in the full context of the game I really liked him. You can't always be sure with trailers because they only give you snippets of every scene.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I remember thinking Jason Dohring sounded horrible in the Birth By Sleep trailers but then once I heard him as Terra in the full context of the game I really liked him. You can't always be sure with trailers because they only give you snippets of every scene.
I remember thinking Jason Dohring sounded awful in the trailers for BBS, and then when I played the game, he still sounded pretty awful. Oh well~.
I did think Dohring had his moments and I wouldn't want to see him replaced. So maybe I'll feel similarly about Diskin's MF by the end of DDD.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I remember thinking Jason Dohring sounded awful in the trailers for BBS, and then when I played the game, he still sounded pretty awful. Oh well~.
I did think Dohring had his moments and I wouldn't want to see him replaced. So maybe I'll feel similarly about Diskin's MF by the end of DDD.

Haha, I was going to say the same thing! He is probably my least favorite voice in the entire series. He just sounds so monotone for most of his scenes. He does some occasions where he sounds emotional, and actually kind of good. But it was only a few times :/

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Haha, I was going to say the same thing! He is probably my least favorite voice in the entire series. He just sounds so monotone for most of his scenes. He does some occasions where he sounds emotional, and actually kind of good. But it was only a few times :/
His confrontation with Xehanort at the end was actually perfect, and he did really well with his dialogue in Blank Points, too. It was mostly in the Disney Worlds where I felt he threw away a lot of his lines. The thing is, Dohring has an exceptional tone to his voice and it was exactly right for Terra (which is I think what got him cast in the part), he just needs to work on some of his delivery. Meanwhile, I don't think Ben Diskin's tone is right at all for the MF and his delivery is a bit lack luster (thought not as bad as Dohring's worst). Again, reserving judgment, but every time I listen to the trailer I just hear a miscasting. I can't help it. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back