• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Demo Releasing in Japan on May 2nd!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Who would have expected that a demo for Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] would be releasing over a month after it's release in Japan? Definitely not us. According to onlineplayer, the demo will be released on May 2nd and take place in Traverse Town, and you will be accompanied by three familiar Dream Eaters: Wondernyan, Neko Cat and Kuma Panda! It will cost a grand total of !

Last edited:

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Why release a Japanese demo one month after the release of the actual game? xD

I guess more people will get interested in it after playing it a little.(even though i doubt there is someone in Japan that doesn't know of KH.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Post-release demos aren't uncommon.

It's a good way to get people though the door while the game is still relevant.

Final Fantasy Type-0 had two demos:

"Natsubi" released pre-release

"Reishiki" released post-release

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Post-release demos aren't uncommon.

It's a good way to get people though the door while the game is still relevant.

Final Fantasy Type-0 had two demos:

"Natsubi" released pre-release

"Reishiki" released post-release

Yeah you right. Keeps game alive and in-talk.

But you had to mention Type-0? T_T

Now i'm thinking again when it'll come to the West. Sham i want to play it and understand it. ;A;

Claire-Farron

I was wondering if Square was going to release a demo. *sigh* its only for Japan though but I also wonder if they're going to release a demo for theatrhythm final fantasy too. Lets keep our fingers crossed for an English demo. :)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
>Sees demo
>Sees Japan
>Well it couldn't possibly be DDD it just came out
>Is it BBS Vol.2?
>Already?
Oh wait nope its DDD... Goddammit

^That's what my brain did in like 2 seconds

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've always wanted to know how a KH demo would be. This is the first one released for download before. This is rather amazing xD

KevVentus

Oh God, a demo sure would make the wait easier if it's pre release. Please release one in America!!

I was wondering if Square would ever release a KH demo, so this news was pretty surprising.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I see us getting a similar demo pre-release in English. (Actually I'm just hoping.)
Oh God, a demo sure would make the wait easier if it's pre release. Please release one in America!!

I was wondering if Square would ever release a KH demo, so this news was pretty surprising.

They'll probably release an English demo, but like Japan's, it won't come out until after the game is released in the US. The reason for this is that demos are a very risky thing. While it can attract some people, a demo done wrong can also turn off A LOT of people. For this reason, if I was SE, I would also wait to release a demo. Let the people who want the game get it first and not be deterred from the demo, and then wait a month for those people who are still on the fence about it, let them play a demo and decide for themselves.

KevVentus

Yeah, I'm not setting my hopes on one because 3DS demos are pretty few and far between

It would still be very nice though

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm glad there is an existence of a demo even if it is post game, it would give the English version more of a possibility. However I do expect Theatrhythm demos before it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I do expect Theatrhythm demos before it.

Theatrhythm has a greater chance of having a demo because not many people know about it, and it might be good to introduce people to the game before it comes out to hopefully increase awareness and interest in the game. KH is already established and has a large following who have heard of DDD, and thus a demo can hurt a lot of them if not done correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back