• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Bug Halts Game Progression!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, not all things can be without error! The Japanese version of Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] seems to contain a glitch that can halt progression within the game, and while it seems to happen only under specific circumstances, it has been experienced by enough people to make it a concern of Square Enix. Square Enix's Online Support site updated with the acknowledgement of the bug and potential fixes.

SQEXGAL summarized the bug in the quote below:

It looks like there is a glitch when you play as Riku in a certain part of the World That Never Was. If you drop as Riku in a certain spot where stairs appear but before you can go up them, when you return you will be locked out and and unable to progress, thus the warning.

Square Enix suggests that you work from a save before the bug appeared, or have used your second save slot at a point before dropping to Riku. More than likely the big will be fixed in localized versions of the game, but also remember it is still extremely rare if it isn't removed.

Last edited:

MasterZeR0

Oh dear D: I'll have to make a memo of that, come time for the release :C

Thanks again Ethy <3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Screenshot03.jpg

*sob*

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully this will all be fixed in future editions of the game, whether this be more JAP versions of the game, international releases and Final Mixes.I can't recall any other KH game glitch getting S-E to post about it.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Well that really stinks, even if it only happens under those specific circumstances. The glitch should be taken care of before the game releases overseas though. But once I get to that world it happens in I'm gonna be saving like crazy because I'm paranoid like that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I hope they make a patch for it for the people playing it in Japan currently, and I hope they fix the issue all together for the NA/EUR/AUS release.

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
I believe Nintendo has said they'll release an update that allows patching for retail games. Not sure though. If it CAN be patched, it's not going to be anytime soon. I'm sure it can be patched because even a game on Wii like skyward sword was able to be patched (although it was a very unorthodox way of doing so)

Halcyon

i hope they do fix this :( if this glitch thing is still happening on the us and eu versions, then it feels like we're cheated on our money somehow -__- I feel sorry for the people who already bought the Jap ver though </3 wonder how they'll fix it... :-/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i hope they do fix this :( if this glitch thing is still happening on the us and eu versions, then it feels like we're cheated on our money somehow -__- I feel sorry for the people who already bought the Jap ver though </3 wonder how they'll fix it... :-/

3DS games are filled with glitches. KH3D just so happens to be one that is victim to them as well. It's not something that happens commonly, so it wasn't like they knew it existed while debugging.

krexia

Translator
Awards
When I was playing through the end parts of the game, I fell through the floor while fighting one of the final bosses and ended up stuck in limbo - I couldn't move, and couldn't die, so couldn't even fail and "Retry" that boss. I had to reset my 3DS and go through all the final bosses all over again :/

MasterZeR0

When I was playing through the end parts of the game, I fell through the floor while fighting one of the final bosses and ended up stuck in limbo - I couldn't move, and couldn't die, so couldn't even fail and "Retry" that boss. I had to reset my 3DS and go through all the final bosses all over again :/

Oh crap. Would you mind saying what boss it was (in spoiler tags of course)? Hopefully they'll fix that as well.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Oh crap. Would you mind saying what boss it was (in spoiler tags of course)? Hopefully they'll fix that as well.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MasterZeR0

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Thanks. They probably won't fix it, because I doubt they'll discover it. Here's hoping, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back