• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D and the Room of Sleep *SPOILERS*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeybladeKid1127

So I was thinking back and it remember the scene from KH2 FM+ where Xemnas goes to Radiant Garden and enters the Room of Sleep. Now that we know all about Xehanort's plan what do you think the Room of Sleep was used for? Possible way to communicate with his other selves? Was it room dedicated to locating Ven's body? Or did have a whole other purpose entirely? I wanted to get your guys' opinions on what you think about this room? It has yet to be addressed and I'm wondering if it will be in KH3. Thoughts?

~Key

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
It might have been made to find or communicate with Ventus and if they had succeeded then Xemnas might might have found another vessel

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I was thinking about it myself. Perhaps the "old friend" Xemnas was referencing was in fact YMX, and the Chamber of Sleep was a way to enter the Realm of Sleep.

I was discussing this with friends, and it came to this. What if a memory were able to trigger sleep? We know that Sora went to sleep when Destiny Islands were taken by darkness; he awoke in Traverse Town to Pluto. We also know that Yen Sid sent Riku and Sora back to before the islands were taken to enter the Realm of Sleep, and YMX used the memory of Riku on the islands to trigger the "second sleep" as Xigbar called it. That's three times we've seen the destruction of the islands lead to Sora sleeping (more if you count the two times in Re:coded, though that was Data!Sora)

Now consider that when Aqua fell into the Realm of Darkness, she sacrificed herself and sent her armor to take Terra back to the Realm of Light. He awoke in Radiant Garden, and Aqua's armor was there, without an inhabitant. Perhaps Xemnas still had the memory of that event, and seeing the discarded armor in the Chamber of Sleep triggered it and sent him into the Realm of Sleep.

I feel the evidence was given to indicate this, so I'm glad this topic was made to discuss it since I hadn't gotten around to making one myself.

Key Wielder

Awards
I do think he was probably communicating with YMX somehow in that room, and Mirby brings up a very good point. Perhaps that was the point at which he entered the Realm of Sleep, although it's said in the game and interviews that YMX does actually summon him, which is why he is there every time he appears. The memories from Aqua's armor may make it possible for him to cross over, though, if that theory is correct.

Mirby said:
What if a memory were able to trigger sleep?

Well, Ansem does say that dreams hold our memories, and sleep holds our dreams. It certainly seems to be a factor every time they enter the Sleeping Worlds up until they gain the power to go at will. It would also explain how Yen Sid was able to get them to the islands without them traveling through time (seeing as they didn't leave their bodies behind): if he used magic to have them relive their memories of the island (with obvious changes like actually taking the raft), it would make sense. Or at least it does to me. :D

billyzanesucks

Well, Ansem does say that dreams hold our memories, and sleep holds our dreams. It certainly seems to be a factor every time they enter the Sleeping Worlds up until they gain the power to go at will. It would also explain how Yen Sid was able to get them to the islands without them traveling through time (seeing as they didn't leave their bodies behind): if he used magic to have them relive their memories of the island (with obvious changes like actually taking the raft), it would make sense. Or at least it does to me. :D
Both Yen Sid and Braig said that they went back in time.

KeybladeKid1127

Now consider that when Aqua fell into the Realm of Darkness, she sacrificed herself and sent her armor to take Terra back to the Realm of Light. He awoke in Radiant Garden, and Aqua's armor was there, without an inhabitant. Perhaps Xemnas still had the memory of that event, and seeing the discarded armor in the Chamber of Sleep triggered it and sent him into the Realm of Sleep.

If that's the case then do you think this was on accident or intended by Xehanort? That makes me wonder if the reason the Room of Sleep was built on a whim and not in this grand scheme that MX had revealed at the end of KH3D...

Key Wielder

Awards
Both Yen Sid and Braig said that they went back in time.

There's a big divide as to whether Yen Sid meant that literally or not and I don't know what the final verdict is, but if they actually went back in time, their bodies would have been left behind and destined events such as Sora being swept off the islands and Riku vanishing into the darkness would not have changed. That's for another thread, however, and doesn't matter all that much since, regardless, they found their way into the realm of sleep via the islands. Either way, they were acknowledging or reliving a memory when they had their conversation about how far a raft would take them, so that certainly supports Mirby's theory.

RoadtoDawn

I was under the impression that when Sora and Riku were on Destiny Islands at the beginning of the game, they were NOT reliving the past (or else, yes, destined events could not have changed and they would never have taken the raft). I thought that Yen Sid had put them into the Realm of Sleep and they were in what we could call an Alternate Past--the past of the sleeping world, not the waking one.

EDIT: The only thing that confuses me with the time travel was how Sora and Xehanort went back and reviewed the past, NOT in real time, and NOT at the loss of Sora's body.

billyzanesucks

^ Both Sora and Riku lost their bodies in the first game. They wouldn't lose their form and they wouldn't be controlling their younger selves. Xigbar's lines ("hijacked your little slumber party before it started", "only because a past version of you already existed there") seem to suggest that it occurred within the natural world using the same time logic.

YX and Sora were going through memories, from meeting Ansem to entering Traverse Town.

geisttgih

^ Both Sora and Riku lost their bodies in the first game. They wouldn't lose their form and they wouldn't be controlling their younger selves. Xigbar's lines ("hijacked your little slumber party before it started", "only because a past version of you already existed there") seem to suggest that it occurred within the natural world using the same time logic.

YX and Sora were going through memories, from meeting Ansem to entering Traverse Town.

This.

In reference to other posts in this thread, I personally think that "leaving your body behind" as one of the rules of time travel refers more to leaving behind some TRACE of your being as a dimensional anchor that will pull you back to your time unless certain conditions enable you to stay. For Young Xehanort and other vessels, the sheer power of having thirteen darknesses gathered would in essence become a new dimensional anchor that would allow them to stay in the "future" as vessels for MX. Instead, the 13 were not complete, and YX was forced to return to his own time.

Anyway, obviously your physical body is not left behind, or Xemnas, Xigbar, YX, XH, and the other vessels would only appear as formless spirits when interacting with Sora and Riku in the events of KH3D.

Alright, now that this thread has been officially derailed... :)

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
OMG I was thinking the same exact thing. Could it be possible that when he was in there during the scene of final mix that he was really where he was at the end of DDD.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^That would've been something, but I think that specific scene was just Aqua's armor.

Xigbar references voices in the next scene, and that's where DDD might come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back